The Student Room Group

Õpilane's Grow Your Grades!

Poll

Which University Is Better?

Õpilane's Grow Your Grades :biggrin:

About Me:
Hi everyone! I'm an ambitious year 9 student with dreams of going to an Oxbridge University one day. This is my first TSR post but I've seen a lot of these going around and it sounded like something I wanted to do, so here I am :smile: Here's a bit about me first:

Subjects:
-English Language
-English Literature
-Maths
-Biology
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Religious Education
-Computer Science
-French
-Spanish
-Further Maths
-Statistics

In my school we use a target grade and progress grade system, your progress grade indicating how you performing in that subject at the time. These are very flexible and change a lot!

Target Grades:
-English: 8
-Maths: 8
-Science: 8
-French: 9
-Spanish: 9
-Computer Science: 9
-Further Maths And Statistics (I Study A Combined Course): 7
-Religious Education: 9

Progress Grades (Spring Term):
-English: 8
-Maths: 8-
-Science: 9
-French: 8
-Spanish: 8
-Computer Science: 8
-Further Maths: 7
-Religious Education: 7

I am really happy with all of these grades, but any revision tips / resources that could bring them up to grade 9s are always appreciated!

I'm not going to have an update schedule, but I'll post whenever I can. Enjoy!

The all-important tag list: :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Great results and best of luck!

But try to relax with uni goals - it's not a good idea to be fixated on just one and you never know what situation you'll be in in 4 years
Original post by Sinnoh
Great results and best of luck!

But try to relax with uni goals - it's not a good idea to be fixated on just one and you never know what situation you'll be in in 4 years

Great advice, thanks very much! :smile:
15th April - Work Completed
I'll start with what work I've done today - things have gone pretty well so I'm happy with how it went.
-French module 1 reading and translation practise questions completed
-Relevant C4 practise questions completed
-Estonian practise completed (I'm currently learning the language)
(edited 4 years ago)
16th April - Work Targets
Good morning everyone! My work goals for today are:
-Make some more Estonian online flashcards
-Do C4 on Seneca
-Do French Module One on Seneca
-Do some Oral theory revision for a music exam

Good luck with any work / non-work goals you have for today, I'll post later with how I got on :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
16th April - Work Completed
-Estonian language practise
-Music oral revision
-French module one on Seneca
-Chemistry module four on Seneca

I would say that today has gone well, particularly for Chemistry and French because I feel like I have really consolidated my knowledge before the upcoming tests :smile: Good luck with whatever you're doing today!
(edited 4 years ago)
:woo:

well done
Original post by Obolinda
:woo:

well done

Thank you :smile:
Oh wow nice grades, wish I was that smart when I was young!!! Please tag me :smile:
Original post by Themysticalegg
Oh wow nice grades, wish I was that smart when I was young!!! Please tag me :smile:

Will do! I'm sure you're doing awesome, good luck with whatever is coming up :smile: do I just have to tag people at the start or do I put it at the end of each post?
Original post by Õpilane
do I just have to tag people at the start or do I put it at the end of each post?

It doesn't matter but most put it at the end.
Original post by Õpilane
Will do! I'm sure you're doing awesome, good luck with whatever is coming up :smile: do I just have to tag people at the start or do I put it at the end of each post?

I think generally people tag every post made. :biggrin: I've got more than I ever expected based on my awful grades for sure. :h:
I think generally people tag every post made. :biggrin: I've got more than I ever expected based on my awful grades for sure. :h:

Thank you! Don't out yourself down, you seem awesome to me :smile:

Original post by Obolinda
It doesn't matter but most put it at the end.

Okay, thank you!

Can you link your gyg? I would love to read it :smile:
Original post by Õpilane
Can you link your gyg? I would love to read it :smile:

I personally don't have a gyg unfortunately, I'm just that guy who reads everyone elses. :frown: My university grades are definitely better than my A-level and GCSE grades. I may do a gyg for my masters though! :P
I personally don't have a gyg unfortunately, I'm just that guy who reads everyone elses. :frown: My university grades were definitely better than my A-level, GCSE grades. I may do a gyg for my masters though! :P

Ah sorry I thought that's what you meant earlier - do whatever you think would work for you. I was a gyg reader for months! Good luck in your masters though, thanks so much for checking out my threads :biggrin: What are you studying?
Oops I keep forgetting to tag people...
Original post by Õpilane
Oops I keep forgetting to tag people...

Ahahaha generally you tag people into your daily posts on progress.
This is a good example of how RazzzBerries does hers. :smile:

(Original post by Õpilane)
Ah sorry I thought that's what you meant earlier - do whatever you think would work for you. I was a gyg reader for months! Good luck in your masters though, thanks so much for checking out my threads :biggrin: What are you studying?

I study Business Management at Swansea and will move onto Public Policy for my Masters. Then I may do PhD in Development Studies maybe?, depending on how well I will cope with my full time job and Masters at the same time. :biggrin: Literally studying as a hobby basically. :h:
(edited 4 years ago)
Ahahaha generally you tag people into your daily posts on progress.
This is a good example of how RazzzBerries does hers. :smile:

(Original post by Õpilane)

I study Business Management at Swansea and will move onto Public Policy for my Masters. Then I may do PhD in Development Studies maybe?, depending on how well I will cope with my full time job and Masters at the same time. :biggrin: Literally studying as a hobby basically. :h:

That's so cool :biggrin: it's great to study what you love too, that's what I plan to do! I think I've been on RazzzBerrie's gyg, I'll check it out :smile:
Original post by Õpilane
That's so cool :biggrin: it's great to study what you love too, that's what I plan to do! I think I've been on RazzzBerrie's gyg, I'll check it out :smile:

Yeah! The thing is years ago I absolutely hated studying anything with my biggest hate being languages and I did subjects I was awful at for A-level such as Biology and Chemistry so I chose Business as a means to an end and out of desperation. I am so happy I have dug myself out of my self-made hole and I can finally study what I want. I am now studying Mandarin and German too, funny how times can change with age. :h:

Moral of the story: Work hard :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest