The Student Room Group

GCSE English Literature Question 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jduxie4414
Just watch the poem be tissue

tissue wont come up coz it is a difficult poem and is unfair for lower ability students, and there isnt something like higher or foundation paper in english
Reply 21
Original post by clouddbubbles
anyone doing lord of the flies?

Yes - character question is likely to be on Jack this year, not sure about theme though
Original post by Bluepanda1234
For Macbeth I hope its Lady Macbeth- doubt it though. I think its more likely to be a theme maybe supernatural or power?

Have a feeling we're going to get one of the harder poems. Could be something like 'Kamikaze' or 'poppies'

I agree but im probably swaying more on the side of relationship in Macbeth e.g. how the Macbeth and Lady Macbeth get on etc.....
the second most likely theme would probably be kingship/leadership or control
Also anyone doing A Christmas carol or Animal farm - if so what are ur thoughts fr it and the likelihood of the questions this year?
Hey! Which exam board are you studying with? Let me know and I'll get back to you.
I have a recurring dream/nightmare that 'the cat' comes up for Animal Farm!
Original post by won.of.a.kind
Also anyone doing A Christmas carol or Animal farm - if so what are ur thoughts fr it and the likelihood of the questions this year?
Anyone got any ideas for these (AQA):
Jekyll and Hyde
Macbeth
Power and Conflict Poetry
Unseen Poetry
An Inspector Calls
Original post by ETETutor
Hey! Which exam board are you studying with? Let me know and I'll get back to you.
I have a recurring dream/nightmare that 'the cat' comes up for Animal Farm!

Hi !

Funny if the 'cat; became the chosen character everyone would really need to know the book well, but I would dread to imagine what I would write....
I'm studying edexcel (not the best exam board I know) doing Animal farm, Christmas Carol and Macbeth.
Thanks
my laptop is very dodgy
Original post by That'sGreat
The irony of misspelling predictions
I completely agree

Original post by notdyls
Out of interest, is English Literature compulsory for you? Do you enjoy doing it? I wrote an article about why I think it's unnecessary, would you agree?
I think I'd cry
Original post by jduxie4414
Just watch the poem be tissue
I am doing macbeth, an inspector calls, sign of the four and power and conflict poems. Any potential questions?
Do you think for the inspector calls....Sheila or the inspector is gonna come up
Anyone do pride and prejudice? Aqa. Any idea on what will come up with that because im lost ahaha
for power and conflict i feel like its either going to be tissue or poppies, for inspector calls maybe Gerald or even Sheila again
Original post by FloralPrints
for power and conflict i feel like its either going to be tissue or poppies, for inspector calls maybe Gerald or even Sheila again

I have a feeling poppies is going to come up too....I really hope gerald doesn't come up
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
I have a feeling poppies is going to come up too....I really hope gerald doesn't come up

lmao to be honest Gerald can back away
I think either Gerald or Eric
Do you think for the inspector calls....Sheila or the inspector is gonna come up
Original post by D_1432
I think either Gerald or Eric

I doubt its gonna be eric
How come?
I doubt its gonna be eric
Original post by D_1432
How come?

Didn't he come up last time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending