The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham accommodation

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from UoN for accommodation? What preferences have you put down? I put a single study plus at West Zone and Sports Zone respectively (as en-suites have all gone), followed by single studies in the same zones.
(edited 5 years ago)
I've also put down single study at West Zone and shared study at North Zone.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by sarah.rx
Ooh nice, what do you want to study? I’m hopefully going into Physics

Physics as well. Weird coincidence.
I have recently changed my firm to Nottingham, so I'm a little late choosing accommodation. I ended up choosing a Single Study Plus for Central Zone and West Zone then a Single Study for North Zone. I wanted an en-suite as well, or at least a shared bathroom, but there were none left. :frown: Do you think we'll be able to change to en-suite on results day if people don't get their place?
Original post by AlmostLove
I have recently changed my firm to Nottingham, so I'm a little late choosing accommodation. I ended up choosing a Single Study Plus for Central Zone and West Zone then a Single Study for North Zone. I wanted an en-suite as well, or at least a shared bathroom, but there were none left. :frown: Do you think we'll be able to change to en-suite on results day if people don't get their place?

tbh I think you will be able to change. I applied earlier and got the en-suite but if I don’t get the grades then someone else would get the room. I wouldn’t worry too much. You could try calling them to see if there are any changes?

I’ll be studying architecture hopefully:smile:
Original post by unicornlover1
tbh I think you will be able to change. I applied earlier and got the en-suite but if I don’t get the grades then someone else would get the room. I wouldn’t worry too much. You could try calling them to see if there are any changes?

I’ll be studying architecture hopefully:smile:

Ah okay. I haven't got my room offer back yet but I'll be studying American and Latin American Studies. :smile:
Original post by AlmostLove
Ah okay. I haven't got my room offer back yet but I'll be studying American and Latin American Studies. :smile:

ahh cool :smile:
Anyone heard back yet? I got placed in Beeston, but they don’t have their own JCR (share with Nightingale) or dining hall (share with Rutland), so I don’t know how I feel about that 😬 It’s one of the new halls

I got a Single Study Plus in Derby. :smile: I either wanted Hugh Stewart or Derby so I'm happy with that.
Have you accepted your offer on the portal? If so, what does it say on there? As in does it state your room is in Derby Hall? My offer is valid until 24th April and I’m worried I won’t get a reply to my change of hall request email until after this date due to Bank Holiday Weekend and am wondering if I should still accept the offer even though I don’t want to stay in the hall I’ve been given

Yes, I have. In the 'Your Offer' section there's a link to review the accepted offer which is a page with the fee payment section, the block (so yes, mine says Derby Hall) and the room type, plus whether it's catered. I'm not sure how the changing halls part works but I probably would have changed as well if I got Beeston. :redface: What did you write in your email?
Secured Ensuite Studio at Broadgate Park. Was the same price as an just the ensuite!

Studying Physics too :smile:
Original post by TheProctor
Secured Ensuite Studio at Broadgate Park. Was the same price as an just the ensuite!

Studying Physics too :smile:

It's weird to me that they're the same price as each other yet the en-suite got filled up before the studio. I actually wanted to get an en-suite since it's said to be more social. Do you think the studio is going to be less social?
Original post by SkoomaBottle
It's weird to me that they're the same price as each other yet the en-suite got filled up before the studio. I actually wanted to get an en-suite since it's said to be more social. Do you think the studio is going to be less social?

I mean when you have your own kitchen I guess you won't be with your friends in a shared kitchen whenever you're cooking but there's plenty of other times to socialize. Also I'm on a pretty strict diet so studio is the best option for me. When I went to a Bristol applicant day and looked at the accommodation, the shared kitchen was all trashed with like 30 vodka bottles on the windowsill. Obviously that's not what every shared kitchen everywhere is like but it put me off the idea lol
Original post by TheProctor
I mean when you have your own kitchen I guess you won't be with your friends in a shared kitchen whenever you're cooking but there's plenty of other times to socialize. Also I'm on a pretty strict diet so studio is the best option for me. When I went to a Bristol applicant day and looked at the accommodation, the shared kitchen was all trashed with like 30 vodka bottles on the windowsill. Obviously that's not what every shared kitchen everywhere is like but it put me off the idea lol

I agree! I hope we get allocated the newer buildings (2006) as opposed to the older ones (1960s).
How long after firming were you able to apply for accommodation? I have received an acknowledgment email from UoN but I am still unable to register
Original post by Anonymous
How long after firming were you able to apply for accommodation? I have received an acknowledgment email from UoN but I am still unable to register

normally 48 hours i think, sometimes it can be less.
However if you've tried recently remember its just been Easter, and this week is a University holiday (most UoN admin staff will be on holiday atm) ...
Oh ok that makes sense thank you
Original post by mnot
normally 48 hours i think, sometimes it can be less.
However if you've tried recently remember its just been Easter, and this week is a University holiday (most UoN admin staff will be on holiday atm) ...
I've got an offer in Florence Boot Hall
Just got my new offer for accommodation in Willoughby Hall and accepted! They are one of the halls with their own cafe bar :smile: Anyone staying there?
Original post by IEdwards123
I've got an offer in Florence Boot Hall

Same
Join this brand new group for events/nightlife in Nottingham for freshers!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/888829821463704/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending