The Student Room Group

Is running 3k a day too much or too little??

Is running 3k a day too much, too little or just enough for a 15 year old. What are the benefits and what will it do to my body (what will it tone and slim down??) thanks
'Too little', what? How can you know so many people who run 3km a day to think that could be 'too little'.
Thank you
Original post by That'sGreat
'Too little', what? How can you know so many people who run 3km a day to think that could be 'too little'.
3K a day is fine. You will slim down, no toning will occur. So don't expect a pretty booty, expect a pancake 😌
Ohhh... 😂😭. Will I have to carry on with other exercises as well to grow the booty
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
3K a day is fine. You will slim down, no toning will occur. So don't expect a pretty booty, expect a pancake 😌
Original post by Sian.M.A
Ohhh... 😂😭. Will I have to carry on with other exercises as well to grow the booty

Weights :smile:. Generally cardio doesnt mix well with toning. It's kind of like a tour de france cycler trying to do body building in their spare time lol.

However 3k is completely fine EVERYDAY. I don't see it having that much of a drastic effect if you supplement with weights.

Also some people do cardio to lose weight if they have it in excess, and gradually start getting more confident with weight training to build muscle (tone).
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
It all depends what your end goal is! If you want to lose weight but don’t want to tone up, cardio will help. If you want to build muscle, weights will be even more important. At the end of the day, losing weight needs the support of a healthy diet, so if that’s your concern, that’s the first thing to get I check. Don’t underestimate the importance of a rest day though! You don’t need to run 3k a day (unless of course you enjoy it and that’s what you want to do), taking one day to target leg muscles and maybe one for arms, or even take a day to do yoga and focus on flexibility/core strength is all important!

Quick Reply

Latest