The Student Room Group

crack in retainers!!

so i recently just got my braces off and they gave me my plastic removable retainers and they also gave me these plastic chewies to help me get the retainers in properly... i just put my retainers in after lunch and used the chewies and i heard a crack near the back of my retainers...

the retainers aren't broken but they do have a small crack... would i need to take them back and get them replaced? (I'm under NHS)
(edited 5 years ago)
Yes, explain to you dentist what happened. Even the slightest change in the retainer structure could have an effect on your teeth.
Reply 2
If the crack is just in the retainer with no plastic off of it then should be fine however get it checked, I have mini cracks in mine in the back from general wear and tear over the year.
Original post by Sofkryan
If the crack is just in the retainer with no plastic off of it then should be fine however get it checked, I have mini cracks in mine in the back from general wear and tear over the year.

ok thanks
Original post by sammyj97
Yes, explain to you dentist what happened. Even the slightest change in the retainer structure could have an effect on your teeth.

ok ill book an appointment
update please

Quick Reply

Latest