The Student Room Group

I'm Pro-choice, AMA

Just wanted to know other people's views about whether abortion should be legal or not. Feel free to ask me anything on what i believe. :smile:

EDIT: sorry guys I said as the name of the thread i am pro choice by accident, I am actually pro life but i dont know how to change the thread name! :smile: :frown:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

:colonhash:
Original post by ErinaNakiri78
Just wanted to know other people's views about whether abortion should be legal or not. Feel free to ask me anything on what i believe. :smile:

Do you believe that the foetus is a parasitic organism? (I'm not saying you do but a lot of pro-choicers use that as an argument).
Reply 3
Is it rare to be pro-choice? In which case, should I make an AMA thread?
Reply 4
Never heard that before? I'm pro-choice but the fetus doesn't enter the womb, it is of the same species as the mother and it doesn't reduce the chance of survival of the host (excluding complications) so I don't see how that could be an argument in any way.
Original post by Soul Wavel3ngth
Do you believe that the foetus is a parasitic organism? (I'm not saying you do but a lot of pro-choicers use that as an argument).
Prepare for your funeral. :frown:

I don't think that a fetus is a parasitic organism, this view of mine is mainly because a fetus is not typically classed as one from most Biologists who are much more knowledgeable on this topic :smile:
are you 100% pro choice? How do you feel about people using abortions as birth controls? (I mean specifically using it as birth control instead of condoms or pills, obviously this is a small amount of people.)
Original post by idk01
Is it rare to be pro-choice? In which case, should I make an AMA thread?

I don't actually know many people who are pro life like e but I guess you could make a thread for that if you want :smile:
Have you ever met any males that are openly pro abortion rather than pro choice that make you feel uncomfortable or give the impression of being militant about abortion?

My father is pro abortion; he is quite loud by nature and believes that all abortion should be legal, free and given on demand without any questions and with minimum paperwork.
Original post by monkeyman0121
are you 100% pro choice? How do you feel about people using abortions as birth controls? (I mean specifically using it as birth control instead of condoms or pills, obviously this is a small amount of people.)

I am not against any sort of contraceptives, but once a pregnancy test says positive, I dont think you can just undo a pregnancy by aborting them
Original post by idk01
Never heard that before? I'm pro-choice but the fetus doesn't enter the womb, it is of the same species as the mother and it doesn't reduce the chance of survival of the host (excluding complications) so I don't see how that could be an argument in any way.

It's used quite a lot actually, especially by the far left.
I don't think that a fetus is a parasitic organism, this view of mine is mainly because a fetus is not typically classed as one from most Biologists who are much more knowledgeable on this topic :smile:

At least we can both agree on that one lol
Original post by londonmyst
Have you ever met any males that are openly pro abortion rather than pro choice that make you feel uncomfortable or give the impression of being militant about abortion?

My father is pro abortion; he is quite loud by nature and believes that all abortion should be legal, free and given on demand without any questions and with minimum paperwork.

Yes I do know quite a few male that are pro life (i think that is what you meant by that question but correct me if i am wrong:smile:). Can i just add that pro abortion is the same as pro choice (I think :/ )? I am pro life so I am against abortion.
At least we can both agree on that one lol

haha. :smile: are you pro choice or pro life then?
Original post by Professional G
Prepare for your funeral. :frown:

Are you pro choice or pro life? :smile:
haha. :smile: are you pro choice or pro life then?

I lean towards the pro-life side of the spectrum.
I lean towards the pro-life side of the spectrum.

Oh cool we can also agree on that too then :smile:
Are you pro choice or pro life? :smile:

Mixture of both. Don’t like being strictly one side.
Yes I do know quite a few male that are pro life (i think that is what you meant by that question but correct me if i am wrong:smile:). Can i just add that pro abortion is the same as pro choice (I think :/ )? I am pro life so I am against abortion.

No I meant pro abortion as in supports free abortion upon demand as an absolute right of every woman under any and all circumstances.
Pro choice means the right of a woman to choose legal abortion but does not openly say that abortion should be free or totally unrestricted by the law.

Being pro-choice and pro abortion are two very different things.
My father believes in the automatic right to free abortion upon demand with no restrictions at all, with no questions asked and minimal delays or paperwork.

Quick Reply