The Student Room Group

what helps you deal with difficult things in your life?

Whether it's a health condition you have or something stressful is going in your life or you've just had a bad day, what helps you cope with it?

For me it's laughing at myself when I've fallen over air again and coming on tsr and helping people really helps me if i've had a stressful day at work.
I don't
Original post by Obolinda
I don't

sorry to hear that :console:
Laughing , my thread, eating and music. and spending time with my sister. she’s so young but gives me good advice when i’m disappointed
Original post by claireestelle
sorry to hear that :console:

:hugs: :heart:
music, my dog & keeping busy
Original post by Rainfall
Laughing , my thread, eating and music. and spending time with my sister. she’s so young but gives me good advice when i’m disappointed

I think younger people can sometimes be more innocent but they can come up with the most insightful things to say sometimes.

I wouldnt find maths relaxing but yes cats can be so chill its difficult not to be calm with one near you.
Original post by ririroo
music, my dog & keeping busy

I agree music is a great stress reliever :smile:
Lee Mack and Bob Mortimer on Would I lie to You?

Bit off topic, but before all my exams last year (waiting to go in) while others would be revising, I was watching clips of this show on my Ipad (or in one situation where I had no Wifi, I listened to Jeremy Hardy talking about bald fannys and extractor fans on the news quiz) It really relaxed me before the exam.
Original post by claireestelle
Whether it's a health condition you have or something stressful is going in your life or you've just had a bad day, what helps you cope with it?

For me it's laughing at myself when I've fallen over air again and coming on tsr and helping people really helps me if i've had a stressful day at work.

Any of these: Listen to music, practice playing an instrument, exercise, talking, going out with friends, yoga/meditation, watching comedy (James Acaster at the moment).
Reply 9
Guinness.
Meditation.
0E6C936A-3E1A-4CF4-AD3B-237E52B022A3.jpeg
Music. My cats. & Food
In unhealthy ways,that are taboo to talk about.

Quick Reply

Latest