The Student Room Group

Can i get into Harvard? Here are my stats.

I am also applying to Stanford, MIT, Yale, Princeton, Columbia, Berkeley and Chicago. Do they want someone that is all rounded or not. As ive been told they either want someone all rounded or someone exceptional in one aspect. However, say if i was fluent in 3 languages i self taught(mandarin, japanese and spanish(conversational in french and my native language))(not including english). 18 years old African American male, previously lived in USA (Texas) till i was 1 then moved to Nigeria and finally UK when i was 4. Parents both Nigerian and schooled in Nigeria prior. Father got a PHD in philosophy this year from the UK. Mother got a Masters in Child studies here too 3 years ago. Took 5 A levels bio, chem, physics, maths and economics + EPQ, achieved 6 A*, got 1600 in SAT and 750–800 in SAT subject test in chem bio math ll and physics. Also did forex trading, crypto currency, affiliate marketing etc and made over 1 million from it in less than a year. Built 2 hospitals and schools in each of my parents home villages in nigeria. Travelled abroad to buy and sell in the nigerian market with my mother. Started competitions for which i payed for people to go to uni and good schools, all under a foundation/charity i began. Did work experience at hospitals and care homes, aswell as a law firm. Played semi-proffesional and regional football for Sheffield Wednesday football academy, aswell as for a rugby team coming 16th in the country in a competition including over 300 schools . Finally, also had a verified instagram account at over 500k followers. But wanted to be an economics major?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know that it is a lot and feel quora is the nest places to get an accurate answer on this topic. Would that be, say 'all rounded', or would i have no chance since it would be too much. I have already done most of those things mentioned and will be doing the others like starting the competitions and building the schools (already done the hospitals) between now and next year Novemeber when i apply. However, i have read that if they dont know exactly what you would major in if youve done a vast amount of different stuff on many subjects youll most likely get rejected. But also read that they base it on 1-6 for personal, athletic, academic and one other (for harvard and some extra stuff for stanford, but not sure for the others). Would my chances be high or low, as i have many interests but want to do economics as a major at uni/college. Again, i am going to apply in my gap year. Let me just state, i only decided i would apply to these places a month ago and did not do anything on this list ‘for my application’. They have been things i have aspired to do since i was maybe 9–10. Yes before they were just dreams, however, the financial gain has allowed me to pursue them entirely. A bit of background info is that i wanted to be a doctor till 2017 when i got into the online industry/stocks etc, and have since fallen in love with it and feel that it is 100% what i would like to pursue in life. I dont want to be stressed my whole life doing something i half enjoy, instead of travelling the world and being free whilst still improve the world. I thought about it and said to myself, why be a doctor working at a hospital, when i can be the guy who builds the hospital and pays the doctors to work there. I want to be a starter and game changer, not ‘JUST’ a helper to society. I am also applying to Cambridge, LSE and UCL in the UK but dont stress on those as the UK system is almost entirely academic for admittance, with people only applying if they meet the requirements, which means acceptance rates of 20–30%+. For example for my course the requirments are A*AA, AAA or A*A*A* at the top unis as everyone mostly tales 3 A levels, with the strongest academic students taking 4. What do you think Please?
Reply 2
Sorry i said quora lol, its because i posted on there first so copied my post from there to here.
i mean this all very dramatic, but us unis care about extracurriculars just as much as grades because everyone applying has the grades. you need something UNIQUE to stand out
Bro, you got your life sorted out already lol.

In all seriousness yes your achievements are unique and they would consider you imo.
Original post by Anonymous
Finally, also had a verified instagram account at over 500k followers.

Do NOT talk about your Instagram account as a qualification :colonhash:
That being said, I totally agree with @Rolls_Reus_0wner
US universities are a joke. they will probably love it
Original post by DaQuestioner
I fear you will be proved wrong :hahaha:
Original post by A Rolling Stone
US universities are a joke. they will probably love it
Yeah you need to just give it a shot. Harvard only has a 4% acceptance rate and therefore even the most gifted people do not get places. You won't know until you try!
has no one realised this is a joke?
This is a work of fiction
Original post by tomahawker314
has no one realised this is a joke?

Oh yeah lol. Silly me
Original post by Anonymous
I am also applying to Stanford, MIT, Yale, Princeton, Columbia, Berkeley and Chicago. Do they want someone that is all rounded or not. As ive been told they either want someone all rounded or someone exceptional in one aspect. However, say if i was fluent in 3 languages i self taught(mandarin, japanese and spanish(conversational in french and my native language))(not including english). 18 years old African American male, previously lived in USA (Texas) till i was 1 then moved to Nigeria and finally UK when i was 4. Parents both Nigerian and schooled in Nigeria prior. Father got a PHD in philosophy this year from the UK. Mother got a Masters in Child studies here too 3 years ago. Took 5 A levels bio, chem, physics, maths and economics + EPQ, achieved 6 A*, got 1600 in SAT and 750–800 in SAT subject test in chem bio math ll and physics. Also did forex trading, crypto currency, affiliate marketing etc and made over 1 million from it in less than a year. Built 2 hospitals and schools in each of my parents home villages in nigeria. Travelled abroad to buy and sell in the nigerian market with my mother. Started competitions for which i payed for people to go to uni and good schools, all under a foundation/charity i began. Did work experience at hospitals and care homes, aswell as a law firm. Played semi-proffesional and regional football for Sheffield Wednesday football academy, aswell as for a rugby team coming 16th in the country in a competition including over 300 schools . Finally, also had a verified instagram account at over 500k followers. But wanted to be an economics major?

Just a ridiculous post.

Why would your mum & dads academics matter? (if anything why arent you asking them instead of TSR if they have a PhD & masters)
-Obviously if you have 6 A* a level + perfect SAT you will meet the academic criteria, and if all this is true then you have a plethora of interesting experience, therefore you would have a good chance and if you provide well written personal essay, references and interview you would be a very strong candidate.

-However lets face it this post is just total BS
Original post by isobel_ashf
i mean this all very dramatic, but us unis care about extracurriculars just as much as grades because everyone applying has the grades. you need something UNIQUE to stand out

How is it dramatic?

Its 100% an achievement, unless you got it from Tiktok videos. Attracteling that many people is an achievement and helps you stand out. I would put it in maybe 1 of my essays subtly, but wouldnt call it a 'qualification' aha.
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
Bro, you got your life sorted out already lol.

In all seriousness yes your achievements are unique and they would consider you imo.

Thank you bro! Hopefully lol
That being said, I totally agree with @Rolls_Reus_0wner

Thanks a lot bro. I hope some people that are also applying or even go to harvard see this lol
I fear you will be proved wrong :hahaha:

Hes actually right IMO. Because famous people can have a higher percentage of getting in, like yara shahidi recently lol. They want people that will enrich the environment and also people that will add to the legacy of the school after they graduate, so being well known is part of that i guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending