The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andrew97
Its also the best way to get people against your cause.

Better to create a national discussion and make people take sides than to remain silent and wait for us to reach the point of no return.
Reply 21
I believe the government have bulldozers and snow plows dont they? Surely poking a few hooligans out of the way wouldnt be that hard for them.
Arrest them and heftily fine them. They will soon see the error of their ways.
Reply 23
Original post by Just my opinion
Arrest them and heftily fine them. They will soon see the error of their ways.

Wouldnt horse whipping them work better?
Horse-whipping protestors? They’re being disruptive but they aren’t bringing anyone to harm. Calm down lads we aren’t in an Orwellian autocracy just yet!
I was with them today. The fact that we're discussing it shows it's having an impact. Everyone I met there was peaceful and whilst there were many who fit in with the hippy stereotype, many others, including myself, did not. The fact is we have the information and the resources to make changes but it's still not happening. We have tried research, we have tried petitions. This is the next step until something changes. Yes it may be an inconvenience but ultimately this is an emergency situation and thus I believe the response is justified.
Original post by zooxanthellae
I was with them today. The fact that we're discussing it shows it's having an impact. Everyone I met there was peaceful and whilst there were many who fit in with the hippy stereotype, many others, including myself, did not. The fact is we have the information and the resources to make changes but it's still not happening. We have tried research, we have tried petitions. This is the next step until something changes. Yes it may be an inconvenience but ultimately this is an emergency situation and thus I believe the response is justified.

When Brexiteers realise we definitely are not leaving and they have been duped, will you be ok with them bringing parts of the capital to a standstill whenever they want for as long as they want in an ongoing, neverending campaign.

I don't know why I'm asking because you'll only say yes.🙄
Reply 27
Original post by Decahedron
Look at the picture from the protests, they are a bunch of hippies.

"One of them"? One of what exactly?

One of the people who live up in cloud-cuckoo land and have no interest in the real world, it's quite popular these days and I have nothing but contempt for them anymore. That's 'one of what' exactly.
Reply 28
Get out the rubber bullets and water cannons and they will soon disperse.
Reply 29
Original post by Molseh
Get out the rubber bullets and water cannons and they will soon disperse.

Nah, I heard the Mayor of London on it yesterday and he went out of his way to avoid criticizing them or what they are doing to London. He actually said that his first concern is the safety of protesters, before adding that the public need some consideration too. It's his voting base, he doesn't want to upset them and he probably actually enjoys the anarchy in the streets. It's a whole tribe of lunatics and mentally deranged watermelons, this gang.
Original post by z-hog
One of the people who live up in cloud-cuckoo land and have no interest in the real world, it's quite popular these days and I have nothing but contempt for them anymore. That's 'one of what' exactly.

I have plenty interest in the "real world" it probably differs from which part of the world you focus on.

I actually work as a data analyst so most of my day is spent looking at real world data. Currently I'm looking at multi index deprivation in the UK.
Reply 31
Original post by Napp
I believe the government have bulldozers and snow plows dont they? Surely poking a few hooligans out of the way wouldnt be that hard for them.

There is no government, this country is totally ungoverned at the moment. It's mob-rule from now on. Where have you been?
Reply 32
Original post by z-hog
There is no government, this country is totally ungoverned at the moment. It's mob-rule from now on. Where have you been?

Ah the days of ‘rule Britannia’ are truly dead.
Touring the colonies, now that you ask.
Original post by ThePootisPower
Horse-whipping protestors? They’re being disruptive but they aren’t bringing anyone to harm. Calm down lads we aren’t in an Orwellian autocracy just yet!

Small business owners in the west end will disagree.
Reply 34
Original post by Decahedron
I have plenty interest in the "real world" it probably differs from which part of the world you focus on.

I actually work as a data analyst so most of my day is spent looking at real world data. Currently I'm looking at multi index deprivation in the UK.

Wow, multi-index deprivation in the UK! Do you ever go out as part of the analysis or is it all done from behind a screen? Good luck with it, no matter what. If you have to go out, avoid Central London.
Original post by Napp
Ah the days of ‘rule Britannia’ are truly dead.
Touring the colonies, now that you ask.

CEFF7EC3-E957-4ED7-B1B9-1CB6E9B17CC6.jpeg This you old boy?
Reply 36
Original post by Andrew97
CEFF7EC3-E957-4ED7-B1B9-1CB6E9B17CC6.jpeg This you old boy?

Picture the mini as more of a Challenger II with a pity helmet and spot old old chap :wink:
Original post by z-hog
Wow, multi-index deprivation in the UK! Do you ever go out as part of the analysis or is it all done from behind a screen? Good luck with it, no matter what. If you have to go out, avoid Central London.

Currently my work focuses on Birmingham and since I live there I can draw from my own experience.

I always avoid London if I can.
Original post by Just my opinion
When Brexiteers realise we definitely are not leaving and they have been duped, will you be ok with them bringing parts of the capital to a standstill whenever they want for as long as they want in an ongoing, neverending campaign.

I don't know why I'm asking because you'll only say yes.🙄

This is bigger than brexit
We are living through the 6th major mass extinction. Half of the coral reefs are already dead. If facts like these don’t terrify you then I think it is you who are not in the “real world”. If you don’t think this sort of protest is effective then please go ahead and say what will make change happen on a major scale because god we need it.

Latest

Trending

Trending