The Student Room Group

How much revision have you done so far this Easter holiday?

Please say how much you've done and what you are revising for e.g Y10 mocks, A-Levels, GCSE.

I've done around 40 hours so far and I'm revising for Y12 mocks.

I am aware quantity doesn't fully matter but it's just interesting to see how much people have done :smile:
literally none, i am revising for gcses next month
I’m retaking my maths GCSE as I got a 5 and now i want an 8. I’ve done about 3-4 hours of revision so far 😂
Original post by theworld223
Please say how much you've done and what you are revising for e.g Y10 mocks, A-Levels, GCSE.

I am aware quantity doesn't fully matter but it's just interesting to see how much people have done :smile:

I'm studying for my 2nd year university exams and am doing around 4 hours a day, some days less if I have other stuff going on.
Original post by DrawTheLine
I'm studying for my 2nd year university exams and am doing around 4 hours a day, some days less if I have other stuff going on.

I'm doing around 5 hours a day in hour blocks and making sure I have mostly hour breaks in between. It really helps it feel like less work.
I'm doing around 5 hours a day in hour blocks and making sure I have mostly hour breaks in between. It really helps it feel like less work.

I tend to work an hour with half an hour break. It definitely helps me work longer an stay focused longer if I have slightly longer breaks.
Some days I get a couple of good hours in, other days like yesterday I did like one mock Algebra Award paper :frown: I'm taking all my GCSEs a year early and our school haven't finished content for subjects like science rip send help:s-smilie:

I'm approx, fitting in round 3 hours on each A-Level each day, so that's 9 hours a day unless the social part of my life is also considered.

Spoiler

I am sitting my GCSEs next month. I’ve set myself 6 hours per day in Easter, using textbooks, Bitesize, GCSEPod etc, but I am getting bored at points so stopping 😅. But yeah I’d say between 5-6 hours per day
Original post by Crimson7777777
I am sitting my GCSEs next month. I’ve set myself 6 hours per day in Easter, using textbooks, Bitesize, GCSEPod etc, but I am getting bored at points so stopping 😅. But yeah I’d say between 5-6 hours per day

Good luck with your GCSEs!
Hitting around 8 atm
I'm really worried about my partner's son, as he is revising (or supposed to be) for his GCSEs but is doing very little. His "revision" when it happens seems to be either reading from books or doing MCTs online, hardly any past papers or proper notes being written. He doesn't revise unless prompted, and we're not able to watch over him all the time. So far he has been off for 6 days and has done about 3 hours in that time. When I did my GCSEs I was doing at least 8 hours a day in the holidays, which yeah okay might be overkill, but I'm just so worried that he's not going to get into the college he's chosen - as he needs 6s and got some 4s and 5s in his mocks, which I don't see can be improving with the lack of revision!
Original post by mimiqween
literally none, i am revising for gcses next month

*nervous laugh* wow! good luck with that!
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I'm really worried about my partner's son, as he is revising (or supposed to be) for his GCSEs but is doing very little. His "revision" when it happens seems to be either reading from books or doing MCTs online, hardly any past papers or proper notes being written. He doesn't revise unless prompted, and we're not able to watch over him all the time. So far he has been off for 6 days and has done about 3 hours in that time. When I did my GCSEs I was doing at least 8 hours a day in the holidays, which yeah okay might be overkill, but I'm just so worried that he's not going to get into the college he's chosen - as he needs 6s and got some 4s and 5s in his mocks, which I don't see can be improving with the lack of revision!

I mean I’m doing my GCSEs this summer and even for me I’d say that’s a little low. Does his school have GCSE Pod? It’s really useful (GCSE YouTube)
Year 1 med student, doing roughly 2/3 hours a day. I just need to pass first year as its not ranked so im not stressed about exams this year :smile:
Over 5 hours a day as it is the Easter holidays. But once I'm back at school that will go down to about 3 hours on a weekday, but continue to be around 5 hours on weekends.I'm doing GCSE revision, my grades aren't as good as they could be, so I am putting in the work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending