The Student Room Group

I’m obsessed with a celeb, how do I get over it?

It’s driving me insane. I’ve never felt so pathetic. I’m a grown woman yet have a crush on a bloody celeb who is like 20. And when I say I’m obsessed I mean I am OBSESSED with his every action. I’m always following him and everything he does, I think about him all day and what he might be doing. I dream about him, I daydream about him. The first thing I do when I wake up is check updates on him. I get insanely jealous when I see him with a woman. I told you I was pathetic lmao this has taken complete control of my life and I hate myself for it. I consider myself to be a pretty smart, independent and in control person yet I have this pathetic thing going on in my life. Please help me, how does someone stop obsessing over someone? Do you think if I force myself to stop paying attention to him for a few weeks, will that work??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I AM GROOT 1
:creep:

lol yeah I’m a nutcase
fangirling is ok in moderation, just let him live his life tbh, and will only drive you up the wall as his life continues and very unlikely you'll be involved at all - find yourself a guy?]

(who is it btw?)
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
fangirling is ok in moderation, just let him live his life tbh, and will only drive you up the wall as his life continues and very unlikely you'll be involved at all - find yourself a guy?]

(who is it btw?)

lol no way not telling you because even that part is embarrassing
Original post by GlowUPLightUp
lol no way not telling you because even that part is embarrassing

haha ok... just relax, find other things to watch, maybe limit yourself to only checking his feed once a week, and get a bf ? :smile:
lol yeah I’m a nutcase

I would advise just staying away from him distract yourself/block him or something. Perhaps find yourself a partner someone you can be accompanied by
I would advise just staying away from him distract yourself/block him or something. Perhaps find yourself a partner someone you can be accompanied by

Oh ok
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
haha ok... just relax, find other things to watch, maybe limit yourself to only checking his feed once a week, and get a bf ? :smile:

Yeah I think that’s what it is, I need to get myself a boyfriend

Me a few months ago: eRiCk

:tongue:
I know how you feel lol 😂 we all have crushes! Try and look at him less, unfollow his social media and try to diminish him from your daily life. Don’t try and get rid of him completely though!
It’s driving me insane. I’ve never felt so pathetic. I’m a grown woman yet have a crush on a bloody celeb who is like 20. And when I say I’m obsessed I mean I am OBSESSED with his every action. I’m always following him and everything he does, I think about him all day and what he might be doing. I dream about him, I daydream about him. The first thing I do when I wake up is check updates on him. I get insanely jealous when I see him with a woman. I told you I was pathetic lmao this has taken complete control of my life and I hate myself for it. I consider myself to be a pretty smart, independent and in control person yet I have this pathetic thing going on in my life. Please help me, how does someone stop obsessing over someone? Do you think if I force myself to stop paying attention to him for a few weeks, will that work??
Is it a singer or an actor?
Do you still have the cardboard cut outs :mmm:

:teehee:

It may be hard but avoid all connection on social media you have with this person, if you see a video recommended don't click on it, if you see a news article don't click on it, if you go completely cold turkey the pain will fade over the next couple of weeks and you'll forget, I've been there too

Oh my God, I know EXACTLY how you feel! I was obsessed with a celeb for 2 YEARS! It was insane... and I was just completely in love with him. I initially did try to unfollow his social media and just completely forget about him, but that just didn't work for me and I still couldn't get him out of my mind.

I'd say just give it time... that's what I did, until eventually, one day I just woke up and realised I didn't love him anymore. Whenever I saw pictures of him or heard his name, those butterflies I had felt before just disappeared. Overtime, I guess... I just lost my feelings for him. You'll probably think this is just a one-off and probably won't happen with you, and you'll love this guy forever, but just trust me. Give it time.
Wheres @ElNiño when ya need him :emo:

From what I could comprehend, he deleted his account :frown:
You need hobbies lol.
Original post by markova21
Is it a singer or an actor?

He’s done both singing and acting
Ive been there, it fades away eventually until you find the next celebrity to fan over lol. Thats what happens to me anyway.
Original post by jonathanjames
It may be hard but avoid all connection on social media you have with this person, if you see a video recommended don't click on it, if you see a news article don't click on it, if you go completely cold turkey the pain will fade over the next couple of weeks and you'll forget, I've been there too

Yeah it’s already proving to be very difficult. I’ve already checked today even though I promised myself not to :frown: I’m so weak

Latest