The Student Room Group

AQA RE 12 Mark Questions!

For the 12 mark questions I've been taught to follow on the one hand, on the other hand structure.

The exam board give 3 pages to write and I struggle to fill one page, and only get about 6 marks.

How can you get 12/12 on these questions? I know the content but applying it into an argument I am struggling with.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot!
Reply 1
Hi. I got a Grade 9 in RE AQA focusing on Islam and Judaism last year.

My advice is -
1. Plan plan plan - points for and against the statement.
2. no intro !!
3. structure each paragraph as PEEL - Point, Evidence (eg a quote/story), Explain and remember to link to question
4. I would recommend doing a conclusion - a very brief 2/3/4 sentences on what most important point is and why. perhaps add you opinion.
5. Leave time to do the question!!!
6. Plan answers to 12 markers well before your exam. Try and plan an essay for EVERY topic.

In terms of revision I would really recommend a quote bank and a list of key words EG what the jummah prayer in islam is.

Good luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by bemily17
Hi. I got a Grade 9 in RE AQA focusing on Islam and Judaism last year.

My advice is -
1. Plan plan plan - points for and against the statement.
2. no intro !!
3. structure each paragraph as PEEL - Point, Evidence (eg a quote/story), Explain and remember to link to question
4. I would recommend doing a conclusion - a very brief 2/3/4 sentences on what most important point is and why. perhaps add you opinion.
5. Leave time to do the question!!!
6. Plan answers to 12 markers well before your exam. Try and plan an essay for EVERY topic.

In terms of revision I would really recommend a quote bank and a list of key words EG what the jummah prayer in islam is.

Good luck!!

Hi. Thanks so much for your response. Using PEEL Structure is a great idea! Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending