The Student Room Group

GCSE English Literature Question 2019

Scroll to see replies

ooh thanks - I didn't realise - I guess it'll be Gerald then
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Didn't he come up last time?
Original post by jingle bells
I do R&J and AIC (plus Jekyll and Hyde + power&conflict)

I do the same only I do Great Expectations (which literally nobody else does) instead of Jekyll and Hyde
Original post by jjjjxxx
yehhh its predicted a longer poem would come up because last year they got a short one. Poems like checking out me history are so bad that if it comes up my failure is certain

nah nah tissue is the worst one ever existed you must be crazy...lol
same here
Original post by jasmine2019
Any predicitons for the themes in the english lit paper? I'm doign Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde, Inspector Calls and Power and conflict for poems. (AQA)
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Didn't he come up last time?

yh Eric came up last year so if he comes up, it will be a mistake or something lol
what? Hows that crazy? Did u even read what i wrote lmao
Original post by arieslover
nah nah tissue is the worst one ever existed you must be crazy...lol
I do great expectations too, no one else does so its hard to find any predictions for the questions.. What do you think the question will be? I think it could be Miss Havisham? Do you know what the previous questions have been, I know theres been a Pip and Estella one and a Pip and Magwitch..
Original post by ASJ_12
I do the same only I do Great Expectations (which literally nobody else does) instead of Jekyll and Hyde
i didnt mean it bad way tru tru you meant tissue as well....my bad...loooool xxx
Original post by jjjjxxx
what? Hows that crazy? Did u even read what i wrote lmao
Original post by Bluepanda1234
I do great expectations too, no one else does so its hard to find any predictions for the questions.. What do you think the question will be? I think it could be Miss Havisham? Do you know what the previous questions have been, I know theres been a Pip and Estella one and a Pip and Magwitch..

I honestly don't even know, its the same with me, I haven't seen/heard any predictions but I'll make sure to let you know if I do, pm me if you do?
anyone for the sign of four?? sign of four????
i can share my notes for tissue we did a mock in class and i almost got full mark comparing tissue to ozymandias
wohhh it would be amazing if u could share xx
Original post by sqrt of 5
i can share my notes for tissue we did a mock in class and i almost got full mark comparing tissue to ozymandias
here they are im not sure if they are in order @Kate23456712 @jjjjxxx
20190418_140703.jpg20190418_140728.jpg20190418_140747.jpg 20190418_140718.jpg
THankuuh, quick question, when u say intimacy are u talking about s<x?
Original post by sqrt of 5
here they are im not sure if they are in order @Kate23456712 @jjjjxxx
20190418_140703.jpg20190418_140728.jpg20190418_140747.jpg 20190418_140718.jpg
Original post by jjjjxxx
THankuuh, quick question, when u say intimacy are u talking about s<x?

xD nono i mean close relationship with people which is what we need according to Imtiaz Dharker
Reply 55
Original post by jjjjxxx
tissue wont come up coz it is a difficult poem and is unfair for lower ability students, and there isnt something like higher or foundation paper in english

It could though since Singh Song is arguably the hardest poem on love and relationships (which I am doing) and that was the poem from last year.
perhaps but finger crossed x
Original post by alias12
It could though since Singh Song is arguably the hardest poem on love and relationships (which I am doing) and that was the poem from last year.
Reply 57
i think identity will come up or nature for power and conflict
macbeth kingship
a christmas carol supernatural
animal farm education violence class division or some equality stuff
(edited 4 years ago)
anyone doing the sign of four????
Original post by notdyls
Out of interest, is English Literature compulsory for you? Do you enjoy doing it? I wrote an article about why I think it's unnecessary, would you agree?

I love English literature however I wouldn't say it is necessarily needed in life but I do love the way it helps me be more thoughtful on themes as such as the divide between the rich and the poor. Also, at my school it is compulsory!

Quick Reply

Latest