The Student Room Group

Calling all biology A-level student!! (Year 13)

Have you covered all the content? If not, how much do you have left? If yes, have you started revising? (Is it in-depth revision or are you still getting to understand the content?)

I’m REALLY struggling tbh, we haven’t finished everything yet (just 5.2 (excretion/kidneys) left two do, we’re doing OCR) we expect to finish everything this week. I’m literally only confident in a few topics (nucleotides, homeostasis, osmoregulation, ecosystem and ecology). Everything else is a blur and I feel like I’ve left it too late.

If you have any revision tips and know how to condense notes (specifically to the spec), help a girl outttttt and let me know, hopefully others can find use in them as well, thank you!!! You got this!! I definitely haven’t, but you will have!!
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Loool same . We haven’t finished all the content
Original post by _victoria
Loool same . We haven’t finished all the content

😭What exam board are you doing? Feel like I’m the only one in my class stressing lol
we have finished the content, so now in lesson we pick subject were not confident in and our teacher teaches it to us in depth. I feel like for me the best way to revise biology is reading a paragraph on a page, shut the book and recall everything you have remembered on paper. I also recommend making your own notes and do past paper questions
Original post by Wooord
😭What exam board are you doing? Feel like I’m the only one in my class stressing lol

OCR 😭
Reply 5
We are on animal and plant hormones but almost finished... but same with me like I don’t remember half the spec either it’s a blur LOL
The thing that p*sses me off about ocr biology is that the questions are just application questions. Oh can memorise the spec but if you can’t apply it to the question , forget it 💔💔😭
Original post by bioguurll
we have finished the content, so now in lesson we pick subject were not confident in and our teacher teaches it to us in depth. I feel like for me the best way to revise biology is reading a paragraph on a page, shut the book and recall everything you have remembered on paper. I also recommend making your own notes and do past paper questions

That’s what I do when I try to revise for in-class assessments and mocks, seems to help me memorize the content but doesn’t help so much with applying the knowledge, so I use past papers if I can. Thanks :smile:)
Original post by dx31
We are on animal and plant hormones but almost finished... but same with me like I don’t remember half the spec either it’s a blur LOL

Exactly 😓 feel like there’s not enough time left for me to re-learn it all!!

Original post by _victoria
The thing that p*sses me off about ocr biology is that the questions are just application questions. Oh can memorise the spec but if you can’t apply it to the question , forget it 💔💔😭

Yes!!! This!! So annoying, I can remember a chapter for an assessment but still not be able to answer the questions properly
We finished :smile:
Original post by HappyMedic2001
We finished :smile:

Have you been revising the content? I wish we finished at the beginning of March
PS: Allow the missing ‘s’ in the title, my life is in shambles ✌🏽🥰🥰🦋💕🥳🌈
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Wooord
PS: Allow the missing ‘s’ in the title, my life is in shambles ✌🏽🥰🥰🦋💕🥳🌈

😂 if it helps, I didn’t even notice
Bump
Reply 14
Revising the content currently... it’s taking ages :// wbu
Original post by dx31
Revising the content currently... it’s taking ages :// wbu

Still attempting to revise the content :frown: I’m finding it hard to focus tbh but I wanted to get past papers done in this half term, idk how likely that is now though!
Reply 16
Original post by Wooord
Still attempting to revise the content :frown: I’m finding it hard to focus tbh but I wanted to get past papers done in this half term, idk how likely that is now though!

When is your bio exam? And so did I but just try to get as much content done. We’ve still got a lot of time when we get back to do past papers, don’t worry
Original post by dx31
When is your bio exam? And so did I but just try to get as much content done. We’ve still got a lot of time when we get back to do past papers, don’t worry

Paper 1: 6th June
Paper 2: 13th June
Paper 3: 17th June
Yeah we have time, but I still only fully understand like 5/6 topics
Reply 18
Original post by Wooord
Paper 1: 6th June
Paper 2: 13th June
Paper 3: 17th June
Yeah we have time, but I still only fully understand like 5/6 topics

Same!! Are you ocr? What board for chem? And yeah I think try your best to understand the concepts thoroughly rather than rushing into past papers which you can always do later
Original post by dx31
Same!! Are you ocr? What board for chem? And yeah I think try your best to understand the concepts thoroughly rather than rushing into past papers which you can always do later

Yep, ocr !! And I don’t do chemistry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending