The Student Room Group

What Is One Mistake That You Will Never Do Again?

Mistakes provide excellent learning opportunities. Share your failures to prevent each from making the same blunders

Scroll to see replies

Revise ineffectively. Now that I know my learning style, I will take revision more seriously.
Reply 2
Yeah I should have done that for year 11 for the GCSE's
Original post by Visual_Learner
Revise ineffectively. Now that I know my learning style, I will take revision more seriously.
Cut my own fringe
when my parents tell me to do something, never say "why?", "can't you do it yourself?" and "no"
Reply 5
True :smile: i hate when parents call ur name and you reply but they dont reply back its annoying
Original post by Leviathan1611
when my parents tell me to do something, never say "why?", "can't you do it yourself?" and "no"
Original post by fizzy2007
True :smile: i hate when parents call ur name and you reply but they dont reply back its annoying

one of the most annoying things they could do, or when they call you, you answer, and they call you again as if you didn't answer, so you have to shout so they can hear you, then they accuse you of shouting at them.😂
that's why when they call me, I don't answer until they're close to shouting my name, then I know they really need me, and still I won't answer, I'll just go to them.
Do something I don't want to do.
Going blonde, it killed my hair and was way too much upkeep. Took me years but learnt to love my natural hair.
Reply 9
Jessica.
Reply 10
yeah :smile: and it's a continuous process. Or when you go downstairs and you tell why they called you but the just shrug or say I didnt call u
one of the most annoying things they could do, or when they call you, you answer, and they call you again as if you didn't answer, so you have to shout so they can hear you, then they accuse you of shouting at them.😂
that's why when they call me, I don't answer until they're close to shouting my name, then I know they really need me, and still I won't answer, I'll just go to them.
yeah :smile: and it's a continuous process. Or when you go downstairs and you tell why they called you but the just shrug or say I didnt call u

or they can't remember or they say "nevermind"😂
Reply 12
hate it , its like they do it so you could lose weight
:argh:
or they can't remember or they say "nevermind"😂
Stay with someone I don't love for a number of years because I didn't think I deserved, or could get, any better. A year after leaving him and I'm with someone a lot better and I'm so happy.
hate it , its like they do it so you could lose weight
:argh:

i don't know if my mum does this on purpose, she's halfway downstairs, and she'll send me upstairs because she forgot her glasses. then on her way upstairs, she'll send me downstairs because she forgot her phone. wherever she goes, she forgets something, and I have to run around to look for it😭

it was worse when I was younger, she'd send me to get something, and if I couldn't find it she'll say "if I come upstairs and find it, I'll beat the hell out of you!" so traumatising 😂😂😂
I would say loving someone who doesn't love me, although I can't guarantee I won't do that again. But other than that trust someone with something important, no one can be trusted apart from moi it seems.
i don't know if my mum does this on purpose, she's halfway downstairs, and she'll send me upstairs because she forgot her glasses. then on her way upstairs, she'll send me downstairs because she forgot her phone. wherever she goes, she forgets something, and I have to run around to look for it😭

it was worse when I was younger, she'd send me to get something, and if I couldn't find it she'll say "if I come upstairs and find it, I'll beat the hell out of you!" so traumatising 😂😂😂

So sweet of you to help her :love:

It's every child's story lol
Reply 17
Very true, or when your parents say to come out with them to go shopping because they don't want to be on their own

Cheat in a relationship.

Happened once in a club nine years ago. I let a guy kiss me and didn't make any attempts to stop him (and no, not out of fear or whatever other excuse people usually use). Came clean to my boyfriend the next day.
Very true, or when your parents say to come out with them to go shopping because they don't want to be on their own

nah my mum prefers to go on her own otherwise she'll spend more if I'm there. but if she's going Costco then she'll have to take me because she's not strong enough to carry the heavy stuff. adults seem to have no strength these days, unless it's to give you a beating then they go into beast mode😂

Quick Reply

Latest