The Student Room Group

Any way to sound proof my room?

I currently live in a bungalow, my room is fairly close to other people’s rooms, I do play on my computer a fair bit and I have earphones that cancel sound so sometimes I do like to talk a little louder than I think I am, recently I have been roleplaying on a game called grand Theft auto and have been playing late at night only problem is a lot of people can hear me shouting and talking through my room and can hear every little word I say, is there any way I can Soundproof my room so not as much of me is coming outside of my room?
Original post by connor99z
I currently live in a bungalow, my room is fairly close to other people’s rooms, I do play on my computer a fair bit and I have earphones that cancel sound so sometimes I do like to talk a little louder than I think I am, recently I have been roleplaying on a game called grand Theft auto and have been playing late at night only problem is a lot of people can hear me shouting and talking through my room and can hear every little word I say, is there any way I can Soundproof my room so not as much of me is coming outside of my room?

Soundproof foam on the walls might help. It depends if you are allowed to affix anything to the walls though if you're renting.
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Soundproof foam on the walls might help. It depends if you are allowed to affix anything to the walls though if you're renting.

I’m still at home with my parents so currently just looking to block some of my voice from
Disturbing them, would you say Soundproof foam on the door and a bit on the wall that is facing the rest of the house?
I’m still at home with my parents so currently just looking to block some of my voice from
Disturbing them, would you say Soundproof foam on the door and a bit on the wall that is facing the rest of the house?

Any shared walls/doors would need to be covered, ideally in their entirety.
Reply 4
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Any shared walls/doors would need to be covered, ideally in their entirety.

Something like these?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0145X9SFK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_t.WUCbYJGR70N

Yes, that's the kind of foam I was thinking of.
Reply 6

Sound proof foam is probably the best option, but I think it can be expensive. Otherwise just cover any shared walls with anything soft and/ or textured- duvets, pillows, egg boxes, packing foam, that big bubble wrap stuff etc. Sound is waves in the air so whatever will mess up those waves will help to reduce the sound other people hear from your room.
I think you can also fill walls with a soundproofing foam, but that's not really what you're asking about I don't think. I hate to imagine how much that costs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending