The Student Room Group

I always end up failing

It doesn’t matter how many times I go to the gym , I’m not getting any stronger and my confidence isn’t improving

It doesn’t matter how hard I revise , I always end up with C’s D’s and E’s. (year 13)

It doesn’t matter how much I try to look good in social media , No girls are interested in me

It’s doesn’t matter how much I try to better myself , my body looks like crap and I’m unattractive

Honestly why do I even bother trying with life sometimes , every road I go on leads to failure and misery , should I just stop trying with life ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone else relate
Cheer up , things will come around soon
What's your diet like,what do you eat?

How do you revise-are you being efficient or are you just re-reading notes?!
Reply 4
Original post by Ray_Shadows
Cheer up , things will come around soon

Everyone been telling me that for two years , still come to nothing
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
What's your diet like,what do you eat?

How do you revise-are you being efficient or are you just re-reading notes?!

Diet I try to eat as healthy as I can , revision I use a lot of resources and make flash cards and do past paper
Diet I try to eat as healthy as I can , revision I use a lot of resources and make flash cards and do past paper

What do you think is going wrong that you're not getting the best marks,what do you think is letting you down?

What did you eat today?
Reply 7
It doesn’t matter how many times I go to the gym , I’m not getting any stronger and my confidence isn’t improving

It doesn’t matter how hard I revise , I always end up with C’s D’s and E’s. (year 13)

It doesn’t matter how much I try to look good in social media , No girls are interested in me

It’s doesn’t matter how much I try to better myself , my body looks like crap and I’m unattractive

Honestly why do I even bother trying with life sometimes , every road I go on leads to failure and misery , should I just stop trying with life ?

You’re doing things and expecting a result, if you do things like go to the gym not with the goal of getting stronger but out of enjoyment you’ll stick it out, want to challenge yourself and see results in the long run. Results don’t appear over night it can take years. Better yourself for you not for the hope of impressing others.
Your attitude is the problem. You need to be more positive. Things are so much more bearable when you're being optimistic about things.
I've just read Jordan Belfort's Way of the Wolf. It's a great book.

It's also a reminder that you don't need grade A's to become very rich and successful in life. In fact you don't need any natural talent whatsoever.

What's more you don't even need to become rich to be content with your life. And success, that comes in many different forms.

Should you just stop trying with life? That's not the way I'd put it. You should stop caring about the failures and the setbacks in your life. Stop taking your life so seriously. Life is great. Life is wonderful. So what if you only get E's? So what if you haven't got a girlfriend? I would still like and respect you as a person regardless of what grades you get and how many girlfriends you have - even if it's minus 5.
What do you think is going wrong that you're not getting the best marks,what do you think is letting you down?

What did you eat today?

well yesterday I had chicken and borwn rice which i've been eating for a few weeks
Original post by Hrosec
You’re doing things and expecting a result, if you do things like go to the gym not with the goal of getting stronger but out of enjoyment you’ll stick it out, want to challenge yourself and see results in the long run. Results don’t appear over night it can take years. Better yourself for you not for the hope of impressing others.

Original post by Lilligant22
Your attitude is the problem. You need to be more positive. Things are so much more bearable when you're being optimistic about things.

how can I be more positive if nothing ever works out in my life
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
I've just read Jordan Belfort's Way of the Wolf. It's a great book.

It's also a reminder that you don't need grade A's to become very rich and successful in life. In fact you don't need any natural talent whatsoever.

What's more you don't even need to become rich to be content with your life. And success, that comes in many different forms.

Should you just stop trying with life? That's not the way I'd put it. You should stop caring about the failures and the setbacks in your life. Stop taking your life so seriously. Life is great. Life is wonderful. So what if you only get E's? So what if you haven't got a girlfriend? I would still like and respect you as a person regardless of what grades you get and how many girlfriends you have - even if it's minus 5.

That's inspiring , i'll look at it that way
how can I be more positive if nothing ever works out in my life

You are ridiculously young saying "it hasn't worked out in my life" is unrealistic, you have hardly lived your life, there's still 60+ years to live, some people don't 'glow up' until their twenties, so whether or not you are attractive will most likely change when you genetics kick in, you are just going have to keep trying and wait for your genes to catch up with you effort, it'll come around eventually. Perhaps you need to change your gym technique as your muscles have plateaued, perhaps you need to change your diet as there might be something your body is lacking, perhaps you need to change your method of revising to improve your grades and finally DO NOT use social media for relationships, get out there and explore, show them the true you, although focus on getting those grades up first. You need to realise you have a problem and change, asses, adapt, succeed. You are only not progressing as you have reached an equilibrium, life needs change in order to progress, we only get better by learning new things, staying at the same thing for your life is not going to get anyone anywhere..
Original post by Max1989
You are ridiculously young saying "it hasn't worked out in my life" is unrealistic, you have hardly lived your life, there's still 60+ years to live, some people don't 'glow up' until their twenties, so whether or not you are attractive will most likely change when you genetics kick in, you are just going have to keep trying and wait for your genes to catch up with you effort, it'll come around eventually. Perhaps you need to change your gym technique as your muscles have plateaued, perhaps you need to change your diet as there might be something your body is lacking, perhaps you need to change your method of revising to improve your grades and finally DO NOT use social media for relationships, get out there and explore, show them the true you, although focus on getting those grades up first. You need to realise you have a problem and change, asses, adapt, succeed. You are only not progressing as you have reached an equilibrium, life needs change in order to progress, we only get better by learning new things, staying at the same thing for your life is not going to get anyone anywhere..

you know what I will , thank you very much
Reply 15

Wow! You just seem to enjoy a totally negative view of yourself. Why not make a list of all your good qualities and concentrate on them? Your assumptions about life are completely wrong! Social media by itself does not make you friends. Physical appearance is not everything! Academic grades don't equal being smart or getting a good job! Start liking yourself regardless of what other people think.
Reply 16
Trust me I have been there as well, but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. All the things that you are worrying about today, will no longer be important in a few years. Also, it sounds that you are living life for others and to try and impress other people. This needs to stop if you want to be happy, just be happy about yourself and forget all this other factors that dont matter at all. Just be positive and keep trying. In terms of school grades look at teachers for help, trust me i was getting F's and then somehow ended up with all A's because i didnt stop trying even when i was failing. You can do this bro.

you're doing it wrong.. when going gym, do you do the correct form and full extensions? Do you excerise till you almost pass-out every time u go gym?
When revising, do you do past paper questions? Do you create mind-maps/ flash cards etc?
There's no motivation. As a famous gymnist said "it's like climbing Everest. When you try to see the end goal it looks like it is too far and you lose hope, but if you just look down and think how can i move a step further.. you will reach the top" things take time...
Anyone else relate
well yesterday I had chicken and borwn rice which i've been eating for a few weeks

Do you eat any sweets or do you drink juice or any sugary drinks?What about vegetables,fruits,legumes?
Original post by mgi
Wow! You just seem to enjoy a totally negative view of yourself. Why not make a list of all your good qualities and concentrate on them? Your assumptions about life are completely wrong! Social media by itself does not make you friends. Physical appearance is not everything! Academic grades don't equal being smart or getting a good job! Start liking yourself regardless of what other people think.

Original post by dab09
Trust me I have been there as well, but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. All the things that you are worrying about today, will no longer be important in a few years. Also, it sounds that you are living life for others and to try and impress other people. This needs to stop if you want to be happy, just be happy about yourself and forget all this other factors that dont matter at all. Just be positive and keep trying. In terms of school grades look at teachers for help, trust me i was getting F's and then somehow ended up with all A's because i didnt stop trying even when i was failing. You can do this bro.

I will , thanks guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending