The Student Room Group

A level choices law

I’ve recently decided that I’d like to go to law school when I’m older, what would be the best a levels to take? I’m currently lined up for history economics and maths but it is easy for me to change. I’ve looked online and can’t seem to find any direct answers... thanks :smile: (I’m currently in Y11)
Original post by student4656789
I’ve recently decided that I’d like to go to law school when I’m older, what would be the best a levels to take? I’m currently lined up for history economics and maths but it is easy for me to change. I’ve looked online and can’t seem to find any direct answers... thanks :smile: (I’m currently in Y11)

Those are absolutely fine. Grades get you into better unis , so its fine to do the subjects you are good at and enjoy. The higher the uni, then they can start to have preferred A levels, whcih they like you to have at least two of v one non preferred. Get in the best uni you can. All yours would be in the preferred category.

https://university.which.co.uk/advice/a-level-choices/what-a-levels-do-you-need-to-study-law

Those are great subjects to study Law at university.

Are those the subjects that you enjoy the most and want to do? Or, are there any other subjects?
Original post by 999tigger
Those are absolutely fine. Grades get you into better unis , so its fine to do the subjects you are good at and enjoy. The higher the uni, then they can start to have preferred A levels, whcih they like you to have at least two of v one non preferred. Get in the best uni you can. All yours would be in the preferred category.

https://university.which.co.uk/advice/a-level-choices/what-a-levels-do-you-need-to-study-law

Ah thanks that’s v helpful :smile:)
Original post by Quick-use
Those are great subjects to study Law at university.

Are those the subjects that you enjoy the most and want to do? Or, are there any other subjects?

Yeah they’re my favourite subjects and the ones I achieve the highest grades in, I wouldn’t mind picking English literature or politics
In that case, you should stick with your chosen subjects because universities would definitely like them. :smile:
Yeah they’re my favourite subjects and the ones I achieve the highest grades in, I wouldn’t mind picking English literature or politics
Original post by Quick-use
In that case, you should stick with your chosen subjects because universities would definitely like them. :smile:

Thanks for the help :smile:
That's a great mix of subjects
Original post by Assembly
That's a great mix of subjects

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest