The Student Room Group

Texan state legislature considering bill that would make abortion punishable by death

Scroll to see replies

it's not just any embryo. It's a human embryo. and soon a baby human, then a child human, then adolescent human and so on until death. An embryo is simply the first stage of a humans life.
You can get some form of birth control if you have the common sense God gave a goose. It's everywhere. anyone who conceives when it's not intentional, male and female together or on their own is dumb irresponsible. Abortion as birth control is barbaric.
Original post by Jebedee
I'm one of the least religious people on this forum. The fact they agree with my viewpoint is irrelevant.

No I'm not saying it is murder because it will be a human. But because it already is. Unless you can pinpoint the exact moment it becomes a human, in lieu of any biological academic accreditations, the logical choice is to assume it starts at the earliest point.

No because that's not the earliest point is it? You can go back further and say it's sperm or an egg.In which case its murder every time a guy masturbates.Plainly that's nonsense.The logical thing to do is to say it's a human being when it looks like one.I.e when it has a brain, a heart, 2 arms and 2 legs, a nervous system, ect.......Not when it's just a small collection of cells.By your logic every time a surgeon cuts out a tumour he's commiting murder.Tumours are a collection of cells which grow and divide just like an embryo.

There is nothing logical about saying that a few day old embryo is a human being.Its like calling frogspawn a frog or an egg a bird or one neuron a brain.Its plainly not true.A few cells does not a human make.There are billions of cells in the human body.
Religious people believe what they do because they believe embryos have souls.From a rational point of view it makes no sense.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Anyone still want to pretend that a pro-life position has anything to do with "the sanctity of life" rather than being just a forced birth position designed to enable systemic misogyny?

So because some people who are opposed to abortions are debatably being hypocritical anyone who opposes abortion must share the same motivations? Very sound logic
And yet you want even more unwanted, underprivileged children in the world. And are happy to murder for it. Pathetic.
Original post by Jebedee
That's an assertion and I doubt you have any conclusive reasoning to demonstrate otherwise.

I wasn't aware that abortion was criminalised in the UK. If you have evidence as such then turn it into the police as it would clearly fly in the face of UK law.

Not sure how you managed to cram the wave gap myth in there but I'm sure if you looked at the numbers, you'd see that the vast majority of abortion recipients aren't exactly the career woman type.
Original post by yudothis
And yet you want even more unwanted, underprivileged children in the world. And are happy to murder for it. Pathetic.

Sorry what? I believe what I am advocating here is for less murder.
No you are not. You are advocating for less abortions i.e. more unwanted children.
Original post by Jebedee
Sorry what? I believe what I am advocating here is for less murder.
No you are not. You are advocating for less abortions i.e. more unwanted children.

Interesting how the fact I'm advocating here for more personal responsibility, doesn't even register with you.
And?
Btw, lmfao if you want more 'responsibility', what's next, celibacy? Or maybe vasectomies for all men who want to ****?
Original post by Jebedee
Interesting how the fact I'm advocating here for more personal responsibility, doesn't even register with you.
Reply 28
Irony abounds.
And?
Btw, lmfao if you want more 'responsibility', what's next, celibacy? Or maybe vasectomies for all men who want to ****?

Whatever works for you but it's your responsibility and if you have a kid so is that. My tax money is not given for this medical abomination.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Anyone still want to pretend that a pro-life position has anything to do with "the sanctity of life" rather than being just a forced birth position designed to enable systemic misogyny?

While I don’t personally agree with the death penalty there is a distinction between ending the life of an innocent person and ending the life of a criminal. As a consequence it is perfectly possible to be against abortion for grounds of the sanctity of life and pro death penalty.
Original post by Jebedee

Bit late to the party, but what do you mean by "personal responsibility"?
Original post by yankeedog1953
anyone who conceives when it's not intentional, male and female together or on their own is dumb irresponsible. Abortion as birth control is barbaric.

:curious:
Original post by SHallowvale
Bit late to the party, but what do you mean by "personal responsibility"?

Abortion is outsourcing your responsibility to the state. Abstinence or motherhood are a woman's personal responsibility.
Original post by Jebedee
Abortion is outsourcing your responsibility to the state. Abstinence or motherhood are a woman's personal responsibility.

Not a fan of contraception or adoption then?
When unwanted pregnancies reduce that will reduce abortions on its own. So when men don’t rape, when protections is 100% effective (and available) that will reduce abortions without the need to criminalise them.

If it’s illegal there will still be abortions they will just be a lot more dangerous. And 6 week rules and stuff like that are so ridiculous. Most people don’t even know they are pregnant at that point and certainly don’t have access to actually get the abortion within that time frame.

And for people advocating for adoption instead I assume you’re offering to pay for the medical care of labour etc (since this is America) as well as any therapy that may be needed and later support as well as any potential impact on career that pregnancy had. And whilst you’re at it if you are so pro life you should probably make sure the kid has a good life as well.
Original post by Jebedee

Why is abortion outsourcing responsibility to "the state"? Firstly, if you mean to refer to publically funded abortions then privately funded ones are also a thing. Secondly, accidents do and can happen. Even if you take precaution and use contraceptives you can still get (or get someone else) pregnant.
Original post by Underscore__
Not a fan of contraception or adoption then?

I have no problem with either.

Original post by SHallowvale
Why is abortion outsourcing responsibility to "the state"? Firstly, if you mean to refer to publically funded abortions then privately funded ones are also a thing. Secondly, accidents do and can happen. Even if you take precaution and use contraceptives you can still get (or get someone else) pregnant.

I'm against home DIY abortions too.

Accidents happen. If I drop by ice cream on the floor by accident I still pick it up. Not leave it there because it wasn't my intention.
Original post by Jebedee
I'm against home DIY abortions too.

Accidents happen. If I drop by ice cream on the floor by accident I still pick it up. Not leave it there because it wasn't my intention.

I never said home DIY abortions. Private healthcare exists.

Your analogy with ice cream doesn't make sense. If someone has an unwanted pregnancy and gets an abortion to remove it then they aren't 'leaving it there because it wasn't their intention'.
Original post by Jebedee
Not leave it there because it wasn't my intention.

Wouldn't "leaving it there" mean the person remains pregnant? 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending