The Student Room Group

Woman burnt to death at Islamic school after sexual assault

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
committed atheist here, but it is quite clear that although the Bible like the Quran has violent (less than however) verses, it is Muslim countries where the majority of the world's fight against women's and human rights comes in fed by outdated reason from imo a mostly irrelevant 6th piece, which does have some good messages, but leads the way for things like this.

theres a reason women flee from countries like Saudi and not to them from Christian countries.

I suggest you go have a peek at what’s going on in Africa before implying all Muslims are rapists, sexists and general unmentionables.
As for your comments on the books, the bible is at least a as violent - this isn’t a debatable point
Nevertheless, I have female friends from Iran, Azerbaijan, the caucuses and so on who don’t seem to agree with these sentiments. Indeed, they would contend the bbc et al. Are lying in their coverage of the matter.
Horrible, backwards country with toxic, Islamic beliefs.
Reply 22
Original post by Napp
all Muslims are rapists, sexists and general unmentionables.

Bigot.
Original post by Napp
Haha haha have you ever read the bible old sport?😂
I’d advise you not to cast stones when you live in a glass house.
Maybe, but have you seen what Christian countries get up to? Child marriage, honour killings, rape etc etc etc. see my above comment for a pithy remark on the matter.

It doesn't really detract from my point.Your argument boils down to " Islam is bad but look at those guys over there.They're worse."

Nope.both Christianity and Islam have been terrible for women's rights.Those christian countries in Africa are only so because countries like England colonised them.We've moved on from those Victorian attitudes but those countries still retain them.Its the same reason why a lot of African countries still have laws against homosexuality.Because originally so did we.But we've moved on they haven't.And that's because we are no longer particularly religous.In general the abrahamic religions are terrible for women's rights.
Reply 24
Original post by QE2
Bigot.

Pot meet kettle?
Reply 25
Original post by AJ126
It doesn't really detract from my point.Your argument boils down to " Islam is bad but look at those guys over there.They're worse."

Nope.both Christianity and Islam have been terrible for women's rights.Those christian countries in Africa are only so because countries like England colonised them.We've moved on from those Victorian attitudes but those countries still retain them.Its the same reason why a lot of African countries still have laws against homosexuality.Because originally so did we.But we've moved on they haven't.And that's because we are no longer particularly religous.In general the abrahamic religions are terrible for women's rights.

What is your point? You said Christianity is expliticly better, I said it isn’t.

Oh please that is a disgustingly lazy, not to mention false, excuse. You can’t blame everything on colonialism.
Some have, you can hardly say everyone in the west likes the direction society is notionally heading.

On that we agree. But seeing as Jews Christians and Muslims make up the vast majority of the population what can you do?
Original post by Napp
What is your point? You said Christianity is expliticly better, I said it isn’t.

Oh please that is a disgustingly lazy, not to mention false, excuse. You can’t blame everything on colonialism.
Some have, you can hardly say everyone in the west likes the direction society is notionally heading.

On that we agree. But seeing as Jews Christians and Muslims make up the vast majority of the population what can you do?

I don't think I did say that.I said this sort of thing doesn't happen often in western countries.Western countries are mostly atheist not Christian with the noteable exception of America.
Reply 27
Original post by AJ126
I don't think I did say that.I said this sort of thing doesn't happen often in western countries.Western countries are mostly atheist not Christian with the noteable exception of America.

Apologies, you implied, not said.
Debatable what occurs in the outside vs. the inside of these countries is up for debate.
Given that America it the titular leader of the free world and allows child marriage (and thus pedophiles) doesnt that say rather a lot about the west?
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
Time for the civilisation of the savages of the East!

(is quite admirable that an small island nation became the world's greatest power at a time)

Yes how admirable that this small island nation went round massacring natives of the countries they colonised and effectively tried to destroy their culture, forcing Christianity on them.
Reply 29
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Horrible, backwards country with toxic, Islamic beliefs.

Lol, $20 says you can’t even point to it on a map let alone name a single fact about it.
Original post by Napp
Lol, $20 says you can’t even point to it on a map let alone name a single fact about it.

Well I'm afraid you've just lost the imaginary $20 you don't have :lol:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 31
Well I'm afraid you've just lost $20 :lol:

I rather doubt it.
Original post by Napp
I rather doubt it.

Well I don't doubt it.
Reply 33
Well I don't doubt it.

Of course you don’t but then again your claims are somewhat suspect given you previous risible comments.
Original post by Napp
Apologies, you implied, not said.
Debatable what occurs in the outside vs. the inside of these countries is up for debate.
Given that America it the titular leader of the free world and allows child marriage (and thus pedophiles) doesnt that say rather a lot about the west?

The laws says 18 unless a parent or judge gives approval.And to be fair this seems to be most common amongst the religious in america.So it's again a religious thing.Its exactly the same thing.

The same sexist values present in Christianity are also present in Islam.They are both bad.I don't know why we are even debating this.Do you actually think that Islam is some sort of beacon of enlightenment for women?
Original post by Napp
Of course you don’t but then again your claims are somewhat suspect given you previous risible comments.

Nonsense. Islamic beliefs are toxic, and they are the dominant beliefs in that country, leading to people not taking her claims seriously and burning her alive for refusing to drop the whole thing. Thus, the country and its dominant beliefs are toxic and horrible, whether you like it or not.
Reply 36
Original post by AJ126
The laws says 18 unless a parent or judge gives approval.And to be fair this seems to be most common amongst the religious in america.So it's again a religious thing.Its exactly the same thing.

The same sexist values present in Christianity are also present in Islam.They are both bad.I don't know why we are even debating this.Do you actually think that Islam is some sort of beacon of enlightenment for women?

No it doesn’t. I suggest you check some of the individual state laws.
Indeed it is.
I don’t recall uttering such an opinion? I merely take issue with people limping over a billion people into one homogenous group. After all an Azeri is no more an Indian than an Indian is a Saudi and so forth.
Original post by Napp
No it doesn’t. I suggest you check some of the individual state laws.
Indeed it is.
I don’t recall uttering such an opinion? I merely take issue with people limping over a billion people into one homogenous group. After all an Azeri is no more an Indian than an Indian is a Saudi and so forth.

It's not the people I have a problem with but their beliefs.And seeing as lots of countries are governed based on those beliefs.....
Reply 38
Nonsense. Islamic beliefs are toxic, and they are the dominant beliefs in that country, leading to people not taking her claims seriously and burning her alive for refusing to drop the whole thing. Thus, the country and its dominant beliefs are toxic and horrible, whether you like it or not.

Long walk for a short drink of water kiddo.
Besides, the most toxic religion is quite clearly Christianity. I mean, you can admit that in all honesty or deny it and thus prove that not only are you utterly ignorant of what you try to speak of but are also a bigot (although given your posturing history...)
I cried reading this. Like wtf?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending