The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Science (Double Award) 9-1 - 14th/16th/22nd May 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Hey guys :smile:

Anyone doing the Edexcel IGCSE Science (Double Award)?
It'd be good to chat :smile:

@Evil Homer

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
MEEEE! WAIT NO IM DOING IGCSE SCIENCE BUT IM DOING THE SINGLE/TRIPLE AWARD SCIENCE so its the one where you learn the extra stuff and do two papers per science so 6 papers in total 2 for chem 2 for bio and 2 for physics!
Original post by ohdahnnyboi
Hey guys :smile:

Anyone doing the Edexcel IGCSE Science (Double Award)?
It'd be good to chat :smile:

@Evil Homer
i only have to do one for each lol :biggrin: why do triple when u can choose less science
Original post by 19lihs1
MEEEE! WAIT NO IM DOING IGCSE SCIENCE BUT IM DOING THE SINGLE/TRIPLE AWARD SCIENCE so its the one where you learn the extra stuff and do two papers per science so 6 papers in total 2 for chem 2 for bio and 2 for physics!
Reply 3
oh yea ikk omg but like my parents were like do TRIPLE OMG and my classmates were all like "triple is really hard you're gonna fail" and it kinda made me want to go for it LMAO and cos my teachers indirectly recommended it for me so like yea. Bio is my weakest wbu?
i only have to do one for each lol :biggrin: why do triple when u can choose less science
i did double because i wanted to add geography
yeah same, biology is my worst lol. physics is my best tho, wbu?
Original post by 19lihs1
oh yea ikk omg but like my parents were like do TRIPLE OMG and my classmates were all like "triple is really hard you're gonna fail" and it kinda made me want to go for it LMAO and cos my teachers indirectly recommended it for me so like yea. Bio is my weakest wbu?
Reply 5
OMG SAME bio is my worst but both physics n chem r my best lMAO ohh ru doing any artsy subjects? or just humanities?
i did double because i wanted to add geography
yeah same, biology is my worst lol. physics is my best tho, wbu?
Original post by 19lihs1
OMG SAME bio is my worst but both physics n chem r my best lMAO ohh ru doing any artsy subjects? or just humanities?

im doing dt, wbu?
Reply 7
ohh i do music and spanish
im doing dt, wbu?
noice :smile:
Original post by 19lihs1
ohh i do music and spanish
Reply 9
how has your revision been lately? productive?
noice :smile:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
sort of - i've got english language 1 this afternoon :biggrin: lol im low key scared but also not
Original post by 19lihs1
how has your revision been lately? productive?
Reply 12
ahah! good luck! although you shouldnt depend on luck but oh well. are you doing cie english language? cos i'm doing edexcel language and cie literature which is really weird ik but oh well.
sort of - i've got english language 1 this afternoon :biggrin: lol im low key scared but also not
yeh im doing cie language but ocr lit lol
Original post by 19lihs1
ahah! good luck! although you shouldnt depend on luck but oh well. are you doing cie english language? cos i'm doing edexcel language and cie literature which is really weird ik but oh well.
Is anyone just doing both biology papers? 14th May and 7th of June?
I'm scared as for the first paper tbh. anyone have any topic predictions ?
Reply 15
How did you guys think of the exam (bio) on tuesday? And chem today?
biology was much harder than chemistry. got confused about the flame tests though because both calcium and lithium are red in flame tests?
Reply 17
yepp but then i think lithium is red and calcium is orange red but did you do the same paper as me?
Original post by anonymous2556
biology was much harder than chemistry. got confused about the flame tests though because both calcium and lithium are red in flame tests?
yeah I did edexcel igcse 9-1 chemistry
that 5 marker fed me up haha
Reply 19
Yes i did the same paper
Original post by 19lihs1
yepp but then i think lithium is red and calcium is orange red but did you do the same paper as me?

Quick Reply

Latest