The Student Room Group

GCSE Last Minute Hope

Anyone got any gcse grades they turnt around in under a
Month ?
Not turned around exactly, but I went from getting 6s and 7s in science tests and November mocks to a double 9 in combined science, and I do put that primarily down to having down so many practice questions and papers and all that in the last month or so!
What question were they? From AQA or workbooks?
Original post by redmeercat
Not turned around exactly, but I went from getting 6s and 7s in science tests and November mocks to a double 9 in combined science, and I do put that primarily down to having down so many practice questions and papers and all that in the last month or so!
I remember last year when I was in your position panicking trying to find out if people could revise within the last month and still get good grades. I remember my predicted grades were like 2 6's 4 7's 2 8's and a 9, these grades look good but I come from an asian family with high expectations and my recent mocks back then in March I got 2 6's in both English's (I was predicted 7's for them) I was a fairly bright kid j was lazy and every time I tried to

okay Student room have literally deleted 3/4 of the **** I wrote ffs so here's the simple: Flashcards, make them learn from them, I got 6 9s and 3 8s at gcse becuase of them
(edited 5 years ago)
I did edexcel so I used the pearson revision guides and all the past papers on getrevising.com, even the one from the old spec (but missing out the questions from topics we don't study)
Original post by Woofsaidthedog
What question were they? From AQA or workbooks?
Reply 5
I’m from an asian household and I’m all 5/6s aiming 7s just very worried now we have 20 something days left !
Original post by ArchAngelJohn13
I remember last year when I was in your position panicking trying to find out if people could revise within the last month and still get good grades. I remember my predicted grades were like 2 6's 4 7's 2 8's and a 9, these grades look good but I come from an asian family with high expectations and my recent mocks back then in March I got 2 6's in both English's (I was predicted 7's for them) I was a fairly bright kid j was lazy and every time I tried to

okay Student room have literally deleted 3/4 of the **** I wrote ffs so here's the simple: Flashcards, make them learn from them, I got 6 9s and 3 8s at gcse becuase of them
Reply 6
I hope the grade boundaries are low this year. It's gonna be nerve wracking opening those results in August :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Yeah but I feel as though this year is probably one of the most competitive years :eek:

Original post by Anthos
I hope the grade boundaries are low this year. It's gonna be nerve wracking opening those results in August :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by shani02
Yeah but I feel as though this year is probably one of the most competitive years :eek:

These exams are going to be a hell of a roller coaster.
yes :frown: which is ashame because i do feel as if the grade boundries will be significantly higher and i don't really feel confident for my exams currently, paper may be harder and i just want 7's.
Original post by shani02

also don't think 3 weeks is enough time to improve drastically, it would be a miracle if it happens but i suppose u never know
Went from a 4 in English to a 9. I think this took slightly longer than a month but you can still make a BIG difference in a month
Reply 12
Original post by userofusername
yes :frown: which is ashame because i do feel as if the grade boundries will be significantly higher and i don't really feel confident for my exams currently, paper may be harder and i just want 7's.

Same 7s is all I want 🥴
Reply 13
That’s so amazing well done what’d you do !!
Original post by blackvoid17
Went from a 4 in English to a 9. I think this took slightly longer than a month but you can still make a BIG difference in a month
Original post by shani02
That’s so amazing well done what’d you do !!

thank you! I mostly wrote loads of essay plans and practised analysing texts.
Good luck for your exams x
This year is said to have the largest number of candidates... ever.
That can either help us, because there's a large number of candidates, or mess us all up.
Reply 16
Original post by blackvoid17
thank you! I mostly wrote loads of essay plans and practised analysing texts.
Good luck for your exams x

Thankyou x
Reply 17
Does that mean higher grade boundaries !!
Original post by BlueBandana
This year is said to have the largest number of candidates... ever.
That can either help us, because there's a large number of candidates, or mess us all up.
Well it depends on how the country do, and since this is such a big set of candidates,it probably will increase. But it can be good for us- as the boards will aim to make the papers as accessible as possible, so the papers may be easier.
Original post by shani02
Does that mean higher grade boundaries !!

Quick Reply

Latest