The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University .....yes or no

Hello guys

I am an international student and I would like to know what is like to be in Lancaster university before taking my decision ?( How is the environment,people, lifestyle etc)
What course are you thinking of doing?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
What course are you thinking of doing?

Media and cultural studies
I am considering going there for physics so

It is a beautiful campus based university that has a small student population and excellent up to date sports facilities. I do believe that more introverted people go there so it might not be a 'party university' like Manchester or Birmingham and it also is described as having a community feel to it and even though I'm applying there I literally can't remember anything more than that
Original post by SimpleMathsPhys

It is a beautiful campus based university that has a small student population and excellent up to date sports facilities. I do believe that more introverted people go there so it might not be a 'party university' like Manchester or Birmingham and it also is described as having a community feel to it and even though I'm applying there I literally can't remember anything more than that

Are you likely to firm it?

I'm contemplating whether to go to Lancaster for computer science, I have doubts about the costs and the idea of living away though.
Very likely. Have you looked into the costs of living at university? I assume you are aware of the maintenance loan and if you check the amount you are entitled to against the cost of accommodation + food, travel, events and nights out, washing machine/tumble dryer usage and extra equipment for the course, you should be able to identify how much money you really need.

Hope this helps
Are you likely to firm it?

I'm contemplating whether to go to Lancaster for computer science, I have doubts about the costs and the idea of living away though.
Very likely. Have you looked into the costs of living at university? I assume you are aware of the maintenance loan and if you check the amount you are entitled to against the cost of accommodation + food, travel, events and nights out, washing machine/tumble dryer usage and extra equipment for the course, you should be able to identify how much money you really need.

Hope this helps

Thanks, that really does help but I know I am only entitled to the lowest amount for the maintenance loan because of how much my dad earns, however, I am too scared to plan for living in university accommodation lol
Roughly £4000 is going to be your loan, amount? I'd recommend looking at bursaries, scholarships anything like that but also part time jobs which would be good to do anyway because then you get experience and something to put on your cv so it works out great. lol I know how that feels and it is big responsibility. Just know that taking on anything that scares you will build your confidence
Thanks, that really does help but I know I am only entitled to the lowest amount for the maintenance loan because of how much my dad earns, however, I am too scared to plan for living in university accommodation lol
Reply 8

Is it gonna be lonely there?!
Just asking because I am international student and I am not really good at socializing fastly.
No you won't be, Lancaster has 13,000 so I compared it with somewhere like Manchester which has around 40,000 students.

Edit: I should probably add that you could look at the Student Union - https://lancastersu.co.uk
Original post by Akived
Is it gonna be lonely there?!
Just asking because I am international student and I am not really good at socializing fastly.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 10
No you won't be, Lancaster has 13,000 so I compared it with somewhere like Manchester which has around 40,000 students.

Edit: I should probably add that you could look at the Student Union - https://lancastersu.co.uk

I mean ... Is the overall environment quite??
It's hard for me to say but it's quiet to some extent though but you'll like it if you're introverted
Original post by Akived
I mean ... Is the overall environment quite??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending