The Student Room Group

Is gcse revision in 3 weeks enough????

I haven't revised at all for any of my subjects apart from maths .Is it possible for me to get my target grades (mainly 8s and some 9s)??
I had my mocks in December and I got 5s and 6s in all of my subjects.
I revised the night before and did well, so yeah 3 weeks is plenty of time
Reply 2
Original post by That'sGreat

If you don't mind me asking, what did you get?
Original post by helpme111
If you don't mind me asking, what did you get?

8A* and 3 As
8A* and 3 As

that's a blatant lie lmao.
it sounds like you are trying to be one of those cool anime characters who put hardly any effort into anything but still end up with sick results , in the hopes of impressing your classmates
Reply 5
8A* and 3 As

that's sooo good!
How did you revise for the sciences?? There's a lot of content
Original post by helpme111
that's sooo good!
How did you revise for the sciences?? There's a lot of content

When you break it down there really isn't that much, the textbook is just quite big, the content you need to know is dotted around it. Considering you've got 3 weeks, write notes on every chapter (if not done already) and make sure it is condensed into things you need to know and not off-spec examples etc. Then just memorise it, and if you have time practice papers are a good bet.
Original post by yeetttttttt
that's a blatant lie lmao.
it sounds like you are trying to be one of those cool anime characters who put hardly any effort into anything but still end up with sick results , in the hopes of impressing your classmates

Imagine watching anime
Reply 8
When you break it down there really isn't that much, the textbook is just quite big, the content you need to know is dotted around it. Considering you've got 3 weeks, write notes on every chapter (if not done already) and make sure it is condensed into things you need to know and not off-spec examples etc. Then just memorise it, and if you have time practice papers are a good bet.

Okayy thank you.

We can't all be savants like you, buddie.
Okay you have three weeks. I don't know why you've started this late - it's personal and I won't ask.

You can still do this but you'll need to work for it. Equally, hours of revision straight can and will burn you out. Order your priorities. Mental health, grades, social life etc.

Then go through the spec. Topic by topic write notes on the minimum you need to know. Use YouTube for sciences, Science With Hazel got me three 9s in triple. Prioritise subjects for A Level.

The only other thing I can suggest is to be productive with your time. This means when you revise you REVISE, on when you don't you REST. Test yourself again and again.

You. Got. This.

(Speech over :wink:)
Reply 11
Original post by RavenclawOwl
Okay you have three weeks. I don't know why you've started this late - it's personal and I won't ask.

You can still do this but you'll need to work for it. Equally, hours of revision straight can and will burn you out. Order your priorities. Mental health, grades, social life etc.

Then go through the spec. Topic by topic write notes on the minimum you need to know. Use YouTube for sciences, Science With Hazel got me three 9s in triple. Prioritise subjects for A Level.

The only other thing I can suggest is to be productive with your time. This means when you revise you REVISE, on when you don't you REST. Test yourself again and again.

You. Got. This.

(Speech over :wink:)

okay Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest