The Student Room Group

Hairy back :(

So I have a hairy back and I'm a girl. I wanna know if anyone else has this problem and what you do about it. Its not like massively hairy or thick or anything. But its there and noticeable from close up (kinda like peach fuzz but the hairs are dark). Im really self concious about it and never wear any low cut tops or dresses because I'm so embarrased but summers coming up and I really wanna look nice instead of always covering up. I cant do laser hair removal cus its so expensive, I used removal cream before and I got a really bad reaction, I dunno whether to wax it incase I get another reaction and I dunno whether to shave it because I dont want it to grow back thicker. Please help me I dunno what to do!

Also please dont say that nobody cares and it doesnt matter because I do and feel really bad about it. :s
Hey I can completely relate to u I'm Asian so I ended up getting those genetics and I have hair on my arms and back n legs but not a lot lot its like peach fuzz as im lightskinned and the hairs are dark its quite noticeable and I have prom coming up soon too so im going to wax even though its reallyyy painful but in the end u'll look good too so I suggest you wax I mean my sister is the complete opposite of me she's like my mum has no hair im like my dad -either way everyones beautiful just they way u are and u should embrace your beauty, tbh I only every wax my arms when its summer and im wearing short sleeved tops or im going to an event otherwise I still have hair on my arms and no one ever says anything mean to be- everyone's different we just got to be accepting :smile:
Yep, im punjabi and legit covered in hair... ive got hair EVERYWHERE stomach, back, legs, arms and sideburns lol...
Tbh, when im wearing a fancy dress or indian langha etc for a proper occasion, i wax. if im just with my friends i cba.
no guys has ever had a problem, and even if they did they are not worth knowing lol
if you are self concious i would suggest getting someone you trust to wax your back for you.

but to be honest, you just gotta own it! hair isnt a big deal and people probably dont even notice!
exactly sister, people got to like u for u if they don't then they aint worth knowing , just be you and be happy :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Yep, im punjabi and legit covered in hair... ive got hair EVERYWHERE stomach, back, legs, arms and sideburns lol...
Tbh, when im wearing a fancy dress or indian langha etc for a proper occasion, i wax. if im just with my friends i cba.
no guys has ever had a problem, and even if they did they are not worth knowing lol
if you are self concious i would suggest getting someone you trust to wax your back for you.

but to be honest, you just gotta own it! hair isnt a big deal and people probably dont even notice!
Reply 4
as a half irish and half jamaican girl i am hairy and i mean im more hairy than most boys legs and have back acne
and i know exactly how you feel about it. But you will get to the point in life where you just dont care anymore like me of course if i get too hairy i have to trim it down :colondollar: but if i am sweating like a pig i am going to show off my hair and if anyone comments (its always boys that comments) i normally tell them i am more manly than them or its my furr to keep me warm but thats just me.

but there is cream out there where you can bleach the hair on your arms and back i cant remember what you call it i never had it but it helps hide the hairs the best advice is to save up for the laser hair removal thing
i could not help a lot but trust me its normal to be hairy
exactly sister, people got to like u for u if they don't then they aint worth knowing , just be you and be happy :smile:

definitely :biggrin:
Reply 6
Not sure when i heard about it it was years ago
I'm a South Asian fellow hairy girl! I personally shave my back - after years of practise I have mastered it without any accidents or needing a mirror. Shaving isn't by any means a permanent fix, but getting professionally waxed is expensive and you'd have to grow out your back hair to a decent length between waxing sessions. With shaving I can have a hairless back without the regrowth and pain. Also, shaving has NOT made my hair grow back thicker! I've shaved my face as well for years and I've definitely not grown a beard because of it.

It's all personal preference. If you want a cheap, quick fix which you can maintain easily at home, and no need to regrow the hair, shave it off. Waxing will thin the hair over time but it's painful, can be expensive and you have to grow the hair out between wax sessions. Of course, laser hair removal would be the ideal fix but that's super expensive.
oh no hunni we can't have that mm-mm!
i'm calling the police, that is unacceptable

https://media.giphy.com/media/54mdH0XByP0uk/giphy.gif
I'm a South Asian fellow hairy girl! I personally shave my back - after years of practise I have mastered it without any accidents or needing a mirror. Shaving isn't by any means a permanent fix, but getting professionally waxed is expensive and you'd have to grow out your back hair to a decent length between waxing sessions. With shaving I can have a hairless back without the regrowth and pain. Also, shaving has NOT made my hair grow back thicker! I've shaved my face as well for years and I've definitely not grown a beard because of it.

It's all personal preference. If you want a cheap, quick fix which you can maintain easily at home, and no need to regrow the hair, shave it off. Waxing will thin the hair over time but it's painful, can be expensive and you have to grow the hair out between wax sessions. Of course, laser hair removal would be the ideal fix but that's super expensive.

wax strips are relatively cheap, and if cshe asks her mum oe friend to help that is ideal.
ahe would have to shave mord often.... waxing would probably only be once a month at most

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending