The Student Room Group

Was this showing too much boob at uni formal?

Was at a formal event at uni and a lot of the guys were looking at my boobs, happened to mention it after and guys were like what do you expect showing your boobs off like that, just wondering if I shouldn't have been showing too much boob? Idk if it was a bit much or not..

Attachment not found
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Considering where that guys hand is going then maybe it is a little too much :tongue:
Take it this way. The top of your dress looks like its holding them up, not holding them in.
Aye.
yes lots and LOTSUV boobs. but you can wear whatever u want. i can swipe my card in there
You've got then, flaunt them. It's a nice dress.

Do be aware that people will look/appreciate them.
Reply 6
If you felt comfortable and confident wearing that outfit, don't let a bunch of men (most of whom have probably never seen a boob since they were 6 months old) make you feel insecure! Men will always make comments about women's choice of dress, so just focus on dressing in a way which makes YOU feel good. Your outfit looked great and if you've got good boobs you might as well show them off!
Original post by Ash2810
If you felt comfortable and confident wearing that outfit, don't let a bunch of men (most of whom have probably never seen a boob since they were 6 months old) make you feel insecure! Men will always make comments about women's choice of dress, so just focus on dressing in a way which makes YOU feel good. Your outfit looked great and if you've got good boobs you might as well show them off!

Something looking great doesn’t mean I should show it off.
Original post by Apachecow
You've got then, flaunt them. It's a nice dress.

Do be aware that people will look/appreciate them.

Thanks for the compliment haha I guess I shouldn't be surprised men comment on boobs but just didn't know if it was less appropriate than I thought!
Original post by Ash2810

The point is, is that choice of clothing inappropriate to a formal event. Yes, yes it is. Whether it is right that formal events are constrained unfairly and all this jazz is besides the point and has nothing to do with the question.
It's very borderline IMHO
Original post by rosiebarton
Was at a formal event at uni and a lot of the guys were looking at my boobs, happened to mention it after and guys were like what do you expect showing your boobs off like that, just wondering if I shouldn't have been showing too much boob? Idk if it was a bit much or not..

Attachment not found
Original post by Andrew97
Something looking great doesn’t mean I should show it off.

It all comes down to women's breasts being unneccesarily sexualised. Why shouldn't she show off her cleavage if she wants to? Her nipples and nether regions are fully covered, and I doubt there was a strict dress code being enforced. If she felt confident wearing what she wore, so be it. Outfit choice is a personal choice and shouldn't concern anyone else's opinion but her own. I think the lady who has started the thread is more than capable of choosing what to wear for certain occasions and her dress choice shouldn't be scrutinised by people who do not have respect for her body.
Original post by Ash2810
It all comes down to women's breasts being unneccesarily sexualised. Why shouldn't she show off her cleavage if she wants to? Her nipples and nether regions are fully covered, and I doubt there was a strict dress code being enforced. If she felt confident wearing what she wore, so be it. Outfit choice is a personal choice and shouldn't concern anyone else's opinion but her own. I think the lady who has started the thread is more than capable of choosing what to wear for certain occasions and her dress choice shouldn't be scrutinised by people who do not have respect for her body.

Again, just because a man or woman feels confident in an outfit doesn’t mean they should wear it to certain functions.
Original post by Notoriety
The point is, is that choice of clothing inappropriate to a formal event. Yes, yes it is. Whether it is right that formal events are constrained unfairly and all this jazz is besides the point and has nothing to do with the question.

I think she is more than capable of choosing her own outfits. If the event was extremely formal with an enforced dress code and she was violating the dress code, she probably would have been asked to change before entry or leave.
Original post by Ash2810

Would you dress in a bikini at a funeral just because you felt good in it?
Original post by That'sGreat
Would you dress in a bikini at a funeral just because you felt good in it?

yes i would
Original post by Ash2810
I think she is more than capable of choosing her own outfits. If the event was extremely formal with an enforced dress code and she was violating the dress code, she probably would have been asked to change before entry or leave.

Once again, normative rather than descriptive. Is it appropriate for a uni formal ... nah. You ever been to one? Guess not.
Reply 17
It's a good thing you've cropped your face out of the pic of the boobs, I mean dress...and relied on people not seeing your face in the profile pic just above and to the left. It's a great bit of anonymity. :eek:
Original post by XOR_
yes i would

Well then that would be completely disrespectful and honestly says a lot about you, nothing positive.
Original post by That'sGreat
Well then that would be completely disrespectful and honestly says a lot about you, nothing positive.

a serious reply...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending