The Student Room Group

Northumbria vs BCU vs Essex? Please Help!!

Poll

Northumbria vs BCU vs Essex

I’ve applied through UCAS for computer science with foundation, but 3 out of 5 Unis offered me year entry 1 and gave me the option. Now I want to do the course without foundation.

Originally my first choice was Sussex but I only have an offer with foundation there. When I first picked these options my choices were limited as very few Unis offered a foundation year. Now I’m stuck with these, I need opinions which one you guys would pick over the other? Northumbria, Essex, BCU all gave me offer without foundation, I’ve ran out of time and need to pick my first and second final choices.

I’m foreign so I never got to meet those places, I know Newcastle is a nice place to study at, but I’m talking Universities.. Any input appreciated!!
Original post by finnthedough
I’ve applied through UCAS for computer science with foundation, but 3 out of 5 Unis offered me year entry 1 and gave me the option. Now I want to do the course without foundation.

Originally my first choice was Sussex but I only have an offer with foundation there. When I first picked these options my choices were limited as very few Unis offered a foundation year. Now I’m stuck with these, I need opinions which one you guys would pick over the other? Northumbria, Essex, BCU all gave me offer without foundation, I’ve ran out of time and need to pick my first and second final choices.

I’m foreign so I never got to meet those places, I know Newcastle is a nice place to study at, but I’m talking Universities.. Any input appreciated!!

I would still Firm Sussex personally and suck up the foundation year.

The second best uni on your list is Essex
Original post by harrysbar
I would still Firm Sussex personally and suck up the foundation year.

The second best uni on your list is Essex

Also had UEA on the list, got a foundation year offer. What bout that one?

Are the 3 Unis so bad you would suck an extra year for nothing?
Also had UEA on the list, got a foundation year offer. What bout that one?

Are the 3 Unis so bad you would suck an extra year for nothing?

I would yes, but it's personal preference. I wouldn't think of it as an extra year for nothing since it gets you into a better uni but it's understandable if you would rather not do the foundation year.

Hi finnthedough,

Congratulations on all of your offers! :biggrin: Have you been to any Open Days at your chosen universities? They’re a great way to get a feel for the course and campus, but we understand you might be running out of time to pick your firm choice or you might not be able to travel to them, so to help here’s a little glimpse of some of our computing facilities.

Also, if you’ve never been to Birmingham, it’s a great city to be a student in! I moved here from another UK city for my studies a few years ago and have never looked back. There’s so much to do whatever you’re in to, from music, shops, sports, bars or food.

In terms of your course you’ll have access to dedicated industry-standard facilities in a fully equipped lab with all the latest software. We have Cisco Systems, a Microsoft Academy and Amazon Web Services Academy, all preparing you for life out in industry once you graduate. You’ll learn about artificial intelligence, human computer interaction and mobile and web application development for a start.

Where are you from? And have you looked at things like accommodation?

Just let us know if you have any specific questions that would help your decision! :h:

Thanks,
Lydia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending