The Student Room Group

Is the bpp online GDL going to get me what i need?

i mean is it looked down upon by employers as it is an online course not the traditional method of teaching (lectures/seminars ext...)?
GDLs are not seen as "prestigious" anyway, so I am not sure that an online course could be seen as less than. @J-SP would be the person to ask.
Reply 2
what do you mean? I need a GDL conversion course to do a LPC
Original post by J-SP
No GDL course is going to get you what you need.

No one will care where you have taken it though
Reply 3
oh right I know what you mean now, yeah I wouldn't be doing just the GDL, i'll be doing the LPC too
Original post by J-SP
For the time being, yes that is the case.

But the GDL won’t get you a job.
Reply 4
lol please explain? is this not the best pathway to become a solicitor? i'm doing a psych degree atm while also getting law experience
Original post by J-SP
Yep that will be necessary, but neither of them get you a job.

No one will care how you have studied the courses really. Some may have preferences for LPC modules at best.
Original post by J-SP
The GDL and LPC do not get you a job, they just allow you to practice once you do secure one.

Your title of the thread is “will it get me what I need” - the short answer to that is no (but that’s the case for any GDL or LPC), it just helps to facilitate it.

I'm in the same situation.
So what does a GDL do? How do you become a lawyer after studying a different course at University? What do you do?
Thanks
Original post by J-SP
The GDL won’t exist for you by the time you graduate so there’s no point in worrying about it.

What's happening to GDL? How will people who've done another degree go into law without it then?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest