The Student Room Group

Would this affect my chances of getting a girlfriend?

I have a huge interest in the 1960s and 1970s. I love the music and television programmes.

Would this itself be off putting to a potential girlfriend? (Not including other factors such as attractiveness and confidence?)

Scroll to see replies

No, of course not.
Not at all, guys tended to be a lot more chivalrous back in those days and there are a lot of girls who love chivalry and when a guy has an old-fashioned aesthetic
Original post by lil_student_xoxo
I have a huge interest in the 1960s and 1970s. I love the music and television programmes.

Would this itself be off putting to a potential girlfriend? (Not including other factors such as attractiveness and confidence?)

No, why would it? Its something interests you and you're passionate about! Better than having no interests, being passionate about nothing as thats quite boring.
Reply 4
I reckon in many instances this could be used to your advantage. Don't labour it on first dates though if there's not immediate resonance though.
You sound like a cool dude
Reply 6

No, if anything it will increase your chances of finding someone better suited to you as your interests are quite specific.
You sound totally rad, my man.
Original post by sinfonietta
No, of course not.

Thanks,
Original post by WolfofGatsby
Not at all, guys tended to be a lot more chivalrous back in those days and there are a lot of girls who love chivalry and when a guy has an old-fashioned aesthetic

That’s good to hear!
Original post by Jack22031994
No, why would it? Its something interests you and you're passionate about! Better than having no interests, being passionate about nothing as thats quite boring.

Thank You!
Original post by Zarek
I reckon in many instances this could be used to your advantage. Don't labour it on first dates though if there's not immediate resonance though.

How could it be used to my advantage?
Original post by ARealNowhereMan
You sound like a cool dude

Thanks. Really like your user name
Original post by truong73
No, if anything it will increase your chances of finding someone better suited to you as your interests are quite specific.

Thanks
Original post by snugglebear
You sound totally rad, my man.

Thank you
Style yourself on Shaft. If you can pull it off, women will be throwing themselves at your feet.
Reply 11

You're a teen right?

The age where everyone dresses like everyone else, likes all the same music, and tries real hard to be cool etc etc and keep up an image

and whilst they're all talking about Drake and Ariana grande and playing that sh*t on loudspeaker, you're tapping your feet and clicking your fingers to Bob Dylan and the Beatles?

It will be an issue for some girls I reckon. can't say how many but you might have trouble fitting it at times
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
Style yourself on Shaft. If you can pull it off, women will be throwing themselves at your feet.

You mean style myself of the TV programme? Yeah ok thanks.
Original post by ANM775
You're a teen right?

The age where everyone dresses like everyone else, likes all the same music, and tries real hard to be cool etc etc and keep up an image

and whilst they're all talking about Drake and Ariana grande and playing that sh*t on loudspeaker, you're tapping your feet and clicking your fingers to Bob Dylan and the Beatles?

It will be an issue for some girls I reckon. can't say how many but you might have trouble fitting it at times

So you think it might be a problem? Would bring different not set me apart and make me seem more appealing?
Reply 13
So you think it might be a problem? Would bring different not set me apart and make me seem more appealing?

Birds of a feather tend to flock together as the saying goes

Opposites attracts happens but far less

I think it will make you less appealing to some girls [the image conscious trendy sort of girls] but there will be girls where it won't be an issue
Ok
Original post by ANM775
Birds of a feather tend to flock together as the saying goes

Opposites attracts happens but far less

I think it will make you less appealing to some girls [the image conscious trendy sort of girls] but there will be girls where it won't be an issue

no not at all! girls love when you have different interests, it makes u more interesting and gives u more to talk about
Original post by ririroo
no not at all! girls love when you have different interests, it makes u more interesting and gives u more to talk about

Thanks!

Nope, its just something youre interested in and its not harming anyone. Some girls might think youre trying too hard to b eedgy or different but most wont mind and you might find a few with the same interests

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending