The Student Room Group

Ex thinks were never going to get back together

He's the one that decided the idea, he's depressed and thinks he's not mentally stable for a relationship and he doesn't want to distract me when I'm doing my exams, I completely understand all of that! But he keeps saying there's a chance was not getting back together he keeps saying it over and over again! I'm starting to think he doesn't want to get back to together regardless of his mental health.

I don't even know what to say to him anymore! he's so awkward and dull, I'm trying to stay positive and keep the conversation going but he just disappears halfway through and when he does...eventually come back he's just acting odd, he's not himself I mean I know why to cause of the mental health. But I love him...probably too much so I'm the only one fighting for us. Not him he's just sitting back and making me worried and stress about him.

I don't know what to do?
Reply 1
Give yourself a bit of space from him and focus on exams for now. Once they're done, meet up with him and talk; if it doesn't feel right then maybe it's best if you're not with him
Reply 2
Original post by idk01
Give yourself a bit of space from him and focus on exams for now. Once they're done, meet up with him and talk; if it doesn't feel right then maybe it's best if you're not with him

That's the thing. It's like I'm flipping addicted to him, I can't get away from him. It's so so so bad.

Yeah but that's a good plan :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
That's the thing. It's like I'm flipping addicted to him, I can't get away from him. It's so so so bad.

Yeah but that's a good plan :smile:

Your options is to distract yourself. It’s gonna be a tough to be get over him.

Hopefully, you might find someone new to get your attention :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by Professional G
Your options is to distract yourself. It’s gonna be a tough to be get over him.

Hopefully, you might find someone new to get your attention :wink:

Yeah good plan! :smile: i'll find a new hobby or something.

Hmm i could :wink: how to though that's the question hahaha
Yeah good plan! :smile: i'll find a new hobby or something.

Hmm i could :wink: how to though that's the question hahaha

Just have a plan to stick with a hobby and make sure you find ways to distract yourself from him.

Haha I’m sure you could :wink:
Maybe it’s through your hobby or just randomly
Reply 6
Just have a plan to stick with a hobby and make sure you find ways to distract yourself from him.

Haha I’m sure you could :wink:
Maybe it’s through your hobby or just randomly

Yeah good idea!

Hahaha i hopefully will :wink: that's how i met him...randomly ahhaha
Yeah good idea!

Hahaha i hopefully will :wink: that's how i met him...randomly ahhaha

You’re welcome.

Just have hope and it will work out.
Then I wouldn’t rule out meeting your next boyfriend randomly. Hopefully he’s better and more positive than your ex
Reply 8
You’re welcome.

Just have hope and it will work out.
Then I wouldn’t rule out meeting your next boyfriend randomly. Hopefully he’s better and more positive than your ex

Yeah, i'll try and have hope...

I hope! It was a long distance as well...so the next guy i meet through college or something i hope is better :smile:
He's the one that decided the idea, he's depressed and thinks he's not mentally stable for a relationship and he doesn't want to distract me when I'm doing my exams, I completely understand all of that! But he keeps saying there's a chance was not getting back together he keeps saying it over and over again! I'm starting to think he doesn't want to get back to together regardless of his mental health.

I don't even know what to say to him anymore! he's so awkward and dull, I'm trying to stay positive and keep the conversation going but he just disappears halfway through and when he does...eventually come back he's just acting odd, he's not himself I mean I know why to cause of the mental health. But I love him...probably too much so I'm the only one fighting for us. Not him he's just sitting back and making me worried and stress about him.

I don't know what to do?

You guys are either together or broken up, like we've spoken about before. He is telling you indirectly "I do not want to be with you again". I know you don't want to, but you need to block him on everything and move on. You're either in a relationship for the tough bits, or not at all. You don't break up when you're a little bit busy and then get back together when your schedule is free - that isn't what a relationship is. You're really young which is why you thought it would work, but honestly it's time to take the hint. He isn't able / ready / wants to be in a relationship, whether that's with you or anyone. Move on, focus on your exams.
Original post by DrawTheLine
You guys are either together or broken up, like we've spoken about before. He is telling you indirectly "I do not want to be with you again". I know you don't want to, but you need to block him on everything and move on. You're either in a relationship for the tough bits, or not at all. You don't break up when you're a little bit busy and then get back together when your schedule is free - that isn't what a relationship is. You're really young which is why you thought it would work, but honestly it's time to take the hint. He isn't able / ready / wants to be in a relationship, whether that's with you or anyone. Move on, focus on your exams.

Yeah i agree with everything your saying.
I never thought we'd get like this. But hey...that's life right.
Yeah i agree with everything your saying.
I never thought we'd get like this. But hey...that's life right.

Yep, exactly. The unexpected happens, and sometimes you can't change it. Time to let him go, otherwise your exams will suffer if you focus your energy on him, when he clearly isn't bothered about you.
Yeah, i'll try and have hope...

I hope! It was a long distance as well...so the next guy i meet through college or something i hope is better :smile:

Hope you have better luck next time :smile:

Long distance still possible but it depends on finding the right guy. As long as he’s a good guy who treats you well and trusts you too :smile:

I don't know what to do?

Give him some space. Let him sort out the issue on his own, he seems to want to be alone. Channel all your energy into exams
Hope you have better luck next time :smile:

Long distance still possible but it depends on finding the right guy. As long as he’s a good guy who treats you well and trusts you too :smile:

Yeah you have a point :smile: me too!

Yeah you have a point :smile: me too!

No worries, I hope you find the right guy.

You’re welcome. Good luck
No worries, I hope you find the right guy.

You’re welcome. Good luck

Me too :smile: i hope he's better than this **** hahaha

i'll need it :smile:
Me too :smile: i hope he's better than this **** hahaha

i'll need it :smile:

Honestly you sound like a good person so I’m sure you will find someone a lot better.
Honestly you sound like a good person so I’m sure you will find someone a lot better.

Aww thank you! :smile: :smile: :smile: Thank you so much for helping me! you've really helped x
Aww thank you! :smile: :smile: :smile: Thank you so much for helping me! you've really helped x

You’re welcome :smile: Feel free to PM for any more encouragement or advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending