The Student Room Group

am i too tall? (im a girl)

basically im 5'8"
and im 15
and im a girl
i dont wanna be taller than my man and i wanna be able to wear heels around him
but is it like unattractive to be a tall girl/ what are your lots opinions on a girl being tall/taller than you?

Scroll to see replies

You could just find a man who is 3-5 inches taller than you if you're really that bothered.
Reply 2
yh but is it just me or is it an actual opinion guys have>?
Original post by Anonymous
You could just find a man who is 3-5 inches taller than you if you're really that bothered.
basically im 5'8"
and im 15
and im a girl
but is it like unattractive to be a tall girl/ what are your lots opinions on a girl being tall/taller than you?

If a guy truly likes you, he won't be too bothered about your height. If he makes a fuss over it, he's not worth your time.
I'm 5'8 and a girl (I'm 17) it's fine. A lot of people are taller than me (I know a girl who is like just 6 foot)
I'm 5'11 and a girl. It used to bother me because i was always taller than everyone else but now i always get complemented on my height so ive learned to love it. if you want to wear heels do it!! Im sure you'll look amazing and if the guy doesnt like it you shouldn't be with him
Reply 6
yall are so sweet. thank you :u:
I'm 5'11 and a girl. It used to bother me because i was always taller than everyone else but now i always get complemented on my height so ive learned to love it. if you want to wear heels do it!! Im sure you'll look amazing and if the guy doesnt like it you shouldn't be with him

Original post by CloudySkies238
I'm 5'8 and a girl (I'm 17) it's fine. A lot of people are taller than me (I know a girl who is like just 6 foot)

Original post by CrazyConnor
If a guy truly likes you, he won't be too bothered about your height. If he makes a fuss over it, he's not worth your time.
basically im 5'8"
and im 15
and im a girl

I wish I was 5 ft 8 inches. I am 5ft 2. It is horrible being so short but there is sod all I can do about it
I mean I prefer tall girls - but then again I'm 6ft2 so :smile:
I'm a 6ft2 16 year old and I personally think tall girls are cuter :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
I don't think you need to worry. Boys don't really care about height in the same way that girls do. Short boys are considered unattractive, but tall girls aren't considered unattractive.
im 5'5 male, 17 in 3 months.

if im being honest, your height makes me feel more subconscious about myself however I'm a short guy and thats just how I feel currently. I might grow taller in the future and then this wouldn't apply. btw my mom is 5'5 and my dad is 5'8 so idk wtf is wrong with my height

im generally not a biased or judgmental person, If i was identical height to you and not so subconcious about myself then that wouldn't stop me from dating you because I'm not the type that needs to feel dominant over woman by being a few inches taller than them (probably because i been short all my life compared to other kids)

I don't think your height will unattract that many people and there's men that look for tall girls so it balances out to the same overall attractiveness levels as if you were normal height for a woman (my height at 5'5).

hope you find someone who can appreciate your height and love you regardless
Original post by squeakysquirrel
I wish I was 5 ft 8 inches. I am 5ft 2. It is horrible being so short but there is sod all I can do about it

well i know my friend who used to be quite short found online that swimming and stretches make you taller so maybe try that if youre worried? x
were all in this together bro ahaha everyone is so self conscious
thanks for the reply x :biggrin:
Original post by golegend
im 5'5 male, 17 in 3 months.

if im being honest, your height makes me feel more subconscious about myself however I'm a short guy and thats just how I feel currently. I might grow taller in the future and then this wouldn't apply. btw my mom is 5'5 and my dad is 5'8 so idk wtf is wrong with my height

im generally not a biased or judgmental person, If i was identical height to you and not so subconcious about myself then that wouldn't stop me from dating you because I'm not the type that needs to feel dominant over woman by being a few inches taller than them (probably because i been short all my life compared to other kids)

I don't think your height will unattract that many people and there's men that look for tall girls so it balances out to the same overall attractiveness levels as if you were normal height for a woman (my height at 5'5).

hope you find someone who can appreciate your height and love you regardless
lmaoooo if i could meet a guy that tall and had a banging personality
I mean I prefer tall girls - but then again I'm 6ft2 so :smile:
explains why your username is hulk then haha
literally getting so many tall guys on this post but why cant i meet one in real life ya know
Original post by TheUltimateHulk
I'm a 6ft2 16 year old and I personally think tall girls are cuter :smile:
well i know my friend who used to be quite short found online that swimming and stretches make you taller so maybe try that if youre worried? x

your height is 'pre-programmed' in a sense. you may not reach your max height bc of dietary reasons but you can't just increase that pre-determined height through stretches and exercises (and before anyone @s me i asked an orthopaedic surgeon about it) soooo yh :smile:
i mean i know i dont find short guys unattractive but it would make a relationship kind of awkward bc of how tall i am in contrast.
but if their personality is amazing then i really dont mind
I don't think you need to worry. Boys don't really care about height in the same way that girls do. Short boys are considered unattractive, but tall girls aren't considered unattractive.

Ha ha. At my age (59)🤣 am getting even shorter. But thanks for advice
I’m 5,2 and I’m 19 😂😂. I don’t know how I should actually feel about it tbh 🤷🏽*♀️🤣

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending