The Student Room Group

Goodenough College 19/20

Hi everyone,

I'm starting my LPC in September and wondering if anyone can give me a little insight on Goodenough College accommodation. I've read a fair number of reviews and am planning on going to look around soon, but input on here would be great too. Especially looking for recent members, as lots of what I've read has been pre 2014 opinions.

Also any info on societies/events further to what's on the website would be great - particularly interested in anything law, politics, economics and global affairs related.

Thanks in advance!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I'm a fellow offer holder for Goodenough 19/20 and I recently went around the college and loved it. Has a big college vibe with nice facilities, e.g. music rooms, library, cafeteria, pub/bar area, gym, private garden, based in a quiet location but near university. In terms of rooms, London House is singles with shared bathrooms, while William Goodenough House is single ensuites. If you want pictures I can find a way to send them to you.
Reply 2
Hey! Could you send me these pictures please? I am most interested in William House pictures. Also - when did you apply and when did you receive your offer?Thanks!
Reply 3
Yeah sure! I have some Willie G photos which I'll send to you. I applied February 20th and heard back March 31st which was accurate to what they mention on the portal. What postgraduate course will you be studying?
Original post by RGO
Hey! Could you send me these pictures please? I am most interested in William House pictures. Also - when did you apply and when did you receive your offer?Thanks!
Reply 4
Thanks a lot! I will be doing the LLM course of LSE. What about you?
Original post by xwendzx
Yeah sure! I have some Willie G photos which I'll send to you. I applied February 20th and heard back March 31st which was accurate to what they mention on the portal. What postgraduate course will you be studying?
Reply 5
MSc Organisational and Social Psychology :smile:
Original post by RGO
Thanks a lot! I will be doing the LLM course of LSE. What about you?
Reply 6
Hi wend and RGO. I'm also debating between staying at the London House at Goodenough College or in a two bedroom with my friend and his girlfriend.

Wend do you mind sending me the pictures as well? I'd also love to hear if you also toured the London House and if you had any opinion on what you saw.
Goodenough College doesn't have its own forum on TSR, so I've moved this thread to the Law forum. :smile:
Hi, Would you also mind sending the pics to me if you get a chance? I applied on April 20th and I am anxiously awaiting my results.
Hey! I've applied for accommodation at Goodenough College as well this month and I guess they'll get back around July 31st. I was wondering if any of you applied for scholarships at the college or if you guys managed to secure any from the college?
Has anyone received acceptances yet? I was wondering if they give out all the offers at the end of the month they specify or if they give them out on a rolling basis. I just applied and I was wondering if it's reasonable to get a response from them sooner than 31 August :frown:
I haven't received a notification yet, unfortunately. I applied before the June 30th deadline so I should hear something back before the 31st of July, but I haven't. Has anyone who applied before the July 30 deadline received notification of their application?
Original post by cherampri
I haven't received a notification yet, unfortunately. I applied before the June 30th deadline so I should hear something back before the 31st of July, but I haven't. Has anyone who applied before the July 30 deadline received notification of their application?

Yup! I'm in the same boat as well. Had applied before the June 30th deadline, so hopefully should hear back before the end of July. I remember reading in one of the posts on this site that people received their offers/rejections on the last day of the deadline. So I guess we'll have to wait for a couple more days.
Original post by anonhufflepuff
Yup! I'm in the same boat as well. Had applied before the June 30th deadline, so hopefully should hear back before the end of July. I remember reading in one of the posts on this site that people received their offers/rejections on the last day of the deadline. So I guess we'll have to wait for a couple more days.

Have you heard back from them yet? I applied by June 30, so should be hearing back from today. I hope it's an offer, or I'll have to start the whole house hunting process all over again :frown:
Has anyone applied or accepted their offer to stay here?
Unfortunately, got a rejection mail from the college yesterday.
Hope you things worked out better for you guys. Sigh.. Will have to start the house-hunting process now...
Cheers!
I got an acceptance email, but I didn't get the scholarship so I won't be able to afford it. I would welcome any suggestions from anyone on how they afforded the rooms. I am an international student on a Tier 4 visa.
I received an offer, but didn't get the scholarship too so I don't think I'll go for it. I don't think staying in a single-bed room with shared toilets is worth it for the high price.
I have the same concern as you
Hey guys, I have the same issue. Honestly, I have seen so many centrally-located, nice flatshares in London that I am almost certain to decline the offer from Goodenough. For more than 1000 Pounds pcm (in my case) there are a lot of flatshares which can easily compete with what you get at GC. Maybe not with regard to the social aspect, but certainly in terms of comfort and the accomodation itself. Just my opinion on this topic..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending