The Student Room Group

GCSE I need advice about the exams!!!

Hiya so I’ve got my gcse exams in a couple of weeks and I’m slightly panicking because I get really severe migraines very often where I usually have blurred vision, insanely painful headache and then normally sleep for like 12 hours after or be sick (sorry if this is to much info) anyways I’m worried about what will happen if I start to get a migraine in an exam! Like will I be disqualified? Can I leave the exam hall? Will I be able to resit the exam? So any advice on what I can do or any info you know will be very much appreciated!
Have you seen a doctor about your frequent migraines?
Basically I was born with a disease called coeliac, and basically a side effect of it is that I get chronic migraines frequently and have been having them since I was a toddler
Original post by amycracknell03
Basically I was born with a disease called coeliac, and basically a side effect of it is that I get chronic migraines frequently and have been having them since I was a toddler

Maybe you should ask the teachers if they can contact the exam boards for the exams you are taking and explain that you have this condition. That way, if you were to have one during the exam, you can get compensated with either extra time or measures that help you cope with it. I'm 99% sure you won't get disqualified. Hope that helps :smile:
Ahh okay that’s actually so helpful thankyou very much, so if the exam board already knew before my exam and I were to get a migraine in an exam would the examiners already know about me or would I have to explain to them?
Ahh okay that’s actually so helpful thankyou very much, so if the exam board already knew before my exam and I were to get a migraine in an exam would the examiners already know about me or would I have to explain to them?

Yeah if you tell them beforehand, they will know that there is the possibility of it happening and therefore they can help you accordingly.
Ah okay great thankyou also should I tell a particular teacher, like someone in a student support base or just any teacher?
Ah okay great thankyou also should I tell a particular teacher, like someone in a student support base or just any teacher?

Maybe the Director of Learning or a Pastoral Assistant, basically the person who's in charge of your year group. Ask if they can contact the exam boards of your different subjects and it should all be ok.
Okay cool thankyou very much you’ve been a big help!

I would have thought school would already be aware? Have you got an official diagnosis that the school have seen? If this happens the the exam board will be told but you will need medical 'proof'.
(edited 4 years ago)
The school is aware of my coeliac and I’ve had many migraines at school before but it’s not fully known by the school! What will I need to do get medical ‘proof’??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending