The Student Room Group

Disgusting attack on Sri Lankans and Christians during Easter Sunday :(

Scroll to see replies

Peeps, seriously: can we not turn this into an(other) Islam-bashing thread? No one has owned up to orchestrating the attacks and there are various groups who could be behind it... :s-smilie:
Thank you
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Peeps, seriously: can we not turn this into an(other) Islam-bashing thread? No one has owned up to orchestrating the attacks and there are various groups who could be behind it... :s-smilie:
Like i said, i dont remember it, or the translation, or the name or location, but I remember the meaning
Original post by verycoolperson
which verse

i agree if no one has claimed responsibility or found guilty, it is bad no matter who done it
Original post by ARealNowhereMan
Like i said, i dont remember it, or the translation, or the name or location, but I remember the meaning

maybe ur teacher (who invalidated the jihad of the sahaba and the salaf and every other jihad after the prophet SAW died) made it up
That's being silly. They are still associating themselves with a particular idea whether you like it or not. End of discussion since its really going off topic and its demoralizing to see so many killed, even I am a little shook up by this.
But in doing so they remove themselves from said religion or ideology. They just use a line or two from our holy book to justify all this **** and I hate it and it should be recognised that in doing what they do “in the name of [insert religion], they eject themselves from said religion.

I get very emotional about this. Sorry for wasting people’s time while reading this.
I very much doubt it
Original post by verycoolperson
maybe ur teacher (who invalidated the jihad of the sahaba and the salaf and every other jihad after the prophet SAW died) made it up

Anyway, I’m sorry for disrupting this thread, and apologise to those with relatives, friends or who were themselves there in these attacks. I’m leaving the thread so as to not cause further dispruption.
A really sad event. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.
(edited 5 years ago)
Terrorists have killed hundreds of thousand more muslims than non muslim. Picking things out of context is wrong. There are people on TSr creating division again. Fake accounts and brainwashed fools. Get a life

I wish the best for Sri Lanka. Beautiful country.
Original post by jAlAl12362
Terrorists have killed hundreds of thousand more muslims than non muslim. Picking things out of context is wrong. There are people on TSr creating division again. Fake accounts and brainwashed fools. Get a life

That's purely because they don't see those muslims as real/devout enough muslims, so it invalidates the point.

Aside from that, is there any need for you to get involved in dividing arguments, on the same day that over 200 people have been killed? No, the answer is no.
Original post by jAlAl12362

I think this applies to both sides.
I'm a Sri Lankan Buddhist and my whole extended family live in Dehiwala and other places in Colombo. And we have Christian friends.

Luckily, they are all fine. I'm incredibly grateful and relieved. It's so upsetting to think this is all happening in my hometown, and I can't do much to help since I'm in the UK. :frown:
Original post by DedicatedWizard
I'm a Sri Lankan Buddhist and my whole extended family live in Dehiwala and other places in Colombo. And we have Christian friends.

Luckily, they are all fine. I'm incredibly grateful and relieved. It's so upsetting to think this is all happening in my hometown, and I can't do much to help since I'm in the UK. :frown:

Oh gosh, it must have been very worrying for you when you heard the news. Glad your family are fine though :redface:
Jihad is not allowed unless sanctioned by a prophet, of which none are still alive

what about all the jihads ( ie most of them) that occurred after mohammeds death?

official jihad or not, islamist terrorist groups can and do operate in various countries where there is a muslim population using dogma pulled from hadith etc to inspire murder. indoctrination is one of the most powerful tools a terrorist has

as i made reference to in a previous post- the sri lankan intelligence agency had intel on a specific threat from a known islamist group there, but due to some tragic admin mix up, it was never acted upon
(edited 5 years ago)

good 'standard meaningless response' but in reality there arny many other groups in that region currently that could have, beyond the one sri lankan intellgence already know about..

Islam-bashing not acceptable

Islamist terrorism bashing surely is acceptable?
207 people dead. I’ve been thinking about this all day, very sad news

Also, very disrespectful to derail this thread
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Mohammed.Al-H
207 people dead. I’ve b[post="82815428"]save[/post]een thinking about this all day, very sad news

Also, very disrespectful to derail this thread

it would be equally disprespectful to ignore who the murderers were and prevent other such attacks by the same islamist group. the current media blackout by the sri lankan government seems to simply be a means to cover their own incompetance than any civic reasons
Original post by Reformed
it would be equally disprespectful to ignore who the murderers were and prevent other such attacks by the same islamist group. the current media blackout by the sri lankan government seems to simply be a means to cover their own incompetance than any civic reasons

Suspects haven’t been confirmed. Focusing on who did this rather than the victims, is disrespectful. Buddhists are the majority, shutdown of social media has nothing to do with covering up anything, the world has never been shy to point fingers.
(edited 5 years ago)
I’m not that religious, but I know Easter Sunday is a very special day for so many Christians like my family. No one should every feel in danger in their place of worship
Original post by Blackpanther93
Suspects haven’t been confirmed. Focusing on who did this rather than the victims, is disrespectful. Buddhists are the majority, shutdown of social media has nothing to do with covering up anything, the world has never been shy to point fingers.

sources close the government have already leaked the fact prior knowledge of an islamist plot was in hands of officials (see bbc 24 for example ) The news shutdown has been to slowdown the facts from getting out as this would be highlight poor governance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending