The Student Room Group

Uni help please

Hi,
I have got an offer from some unis and I have firmed and insured my choices but I want go to a different uni. I know that I can go through clearing but if i do I will loss my firm choice which is very risky for me. Is there anyway I can apply to the uni but still have the option to go to my firm if the uni I want to apply don't accept me.

Thank you
Original post by leobarry
Hi,
I have got an offer from some unis and I have firmed and insured my choices but I want go to a different uni. I know that I can go through clearing but if i do I will loss my firm choice which is very risky for me. Is there anyway I can apply to the uni but still have the option to go to my firm if the uni I want to apply don't accept me.

Thank you

yes you d have to give up your firm choice, you can use adjustment but you have to exceed your firm offer to be able to do that.
Reply 2
Hi,

Thank you

Changing your Mind might be of interest.
I'm in the exact same situation (except that i still haven't firmed any uni) and i'm so stressed i don't know what to do and i only have 8 days left
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
yes you d have to give up your firm choice, you can use adjustment but you have to exceed your firm offer to be able to do that.

After i get my result can I like ask the uni if they will accept me if they do I will withdrawn my firm. is it possible to do that?
After i get my result can I like ask the uni if they will accept me if they do I will withdrawn my firm. is it possible to do that?

They technically aren't supposed to offer places if you aren't in clearing but you can ask.
Reply 6
Original post by martaagc01
I'm in the exact same situation (except that i still haven't firmed any uni) and i'm so stressed i don't know what to do and i only have 8 days left

Do you know what you gono do
Hi,

Thank you

You don't have to wait for Clearing.

Unis with vacancies are already advertising them on the UCAS website and will accept applications now via UCAS Extra. You just need to phone the unis with vacancies to discuss the situation and see whether it's worth the risk of giving up your current unis to apply to one of the new unis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending