The Student Room Group

Share your GCSE cramming stories

We have under a month left, although I’ve been revising, I feel very much unprepared.

I’m hoping to cram the next 2 weeks or so and then basically do past papers and exam questions.

Ex Y11s- do you have any cramming success stories that’ll motivate me (us!!) ? :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

bump:smile:
Year 12s+, please make us feel better.

Sincerely,
The current Year 11 crammers.
I mean I did 1 week of revision before my mocks and went from a 6 to a solid 8 Not bad :biggrin:
bump
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
In my mocks i was predicted 6s and 7s. I crammed in study leave, a week before exams, the night before the exam and the morning before and ended up with 5A*s, 4 level 9s, and 2 level 8s. Trust me the best revision I did was the morning before exams with my friends. It stays in your head for the exam and leaves as soon as it's over
Reply 6
Original post by RazzzBerries

Sincerely,

GCSE’s are easy lol, I revised the night before and got A-A*s soooo yah, I wouldn’t advise it but honestly they’re not bad
Original post by Jinwon
GCSE’s are easy lol, I revised the night before and got A-A*s soooo yah, I wouldn’t advise it but honestly they’re not bad

You're just smart. :lol:
Year 13 here. I did about 2 nights of revision for business studies and got A* in both my written papers. I also did the new 9-1 maths and English and got 9,9,8 with very little revision. That being said, it just depends on what your strengths are!
Reply 9
You're just smart. :lol:

Debatable 😂😂 but don’t worry, you’ll be fine :smile:
Original post by Jinwon
Debatable 😂😂 but don’t worry, you’ll be fine :smile:

I'm sure you are!

Ahh thank you :bawling:
Original post by mjsppaq
In my mocks i was predicted 6s and 7s. I crammed in study leave, a week before exams, the night before the exam and the morning before and ended up with 5A*s, 4 level 9s, and 2 level 8s. Trust me the best revision I did was the morning before exams with my friends. It stays in your head for the exam and leaves as soon as it's over

That's impressive, well done! If you don't mind me asking, how did you revise?
Did you do past papers straight away or did you take time to actually learn the content?
Original post by Historia76
Year 13 here. I did about 2 nights of revision for business studies and got A* in both my written papers. I also did the new 9-1 maths and English and got 9,9,8 with very little revision. That being said, it just depends on what your strengths are!

Well done!! That's really impressive :smile:

Sincerely,

We need reassurance! :afraid:
How's the cramming going so far? :dancing:
Original post by peachystudy
We need reassurance! :afraid:
How's the cramming going so far? :dancing:

I need Juliet's dagger and I'm not even studying Romeo and Juliet.
I need Juliet's dagger and I'm not even studying Romeo and Juliet.

Tell me about it :lol:
currently debating whether I should leave the country now or on result's day :rolleyes:
I'm year 13 right now about to do my A-Levels. GCSEs are so easy compared to A-Levels. I did triple science and was getting Es for chemistry all year; I revised hard and banged out past papers a couple weeks before the exam, and came out with AAA in triple science. If you spend your time learning the content and doing past papers then you'll be able to get a good grade easily.
Well done!! I'll make sure to bang out in the next weeks and do past papers constantly!
Original post by Zenith_
I'm year 13 right now about to do my A-Levels. GCSEs are so easy compared to A-Levels. I did triple science and was getting Es for chemistry all year; I revised hard and banged out past papers a couple weeks before the exam, and came out with AAA in triple science. If you spend your time learning the content and doing past papers then you'll be able to get a good grade easily.
Reply 18
Original post by peachystudy
That's impressive, well done! If you don't mind me asking, how did you revise?
Did you do past papers straight away or did you take time to actually learn the content?

In study leave i crammed content for subjects like history, maths bio, chem, phys, latin, and did past papers as soon as I could. I tried to do every single one, especially for chem. For french german english lit and lang, it was all very last minute and I did it the night before because it was short term revising. But it really depends on the individual and the subject as I grasp languages and essays better than sciences so I had to revise less for them. Really make sure you cram the content heavy and ddo key things that you think will come up because they most likely won't try to trick you with irrelevant topics
i cant cram cause i have paper 2 mocks damn

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending