The Student Room Group

Business economics

I can't choose between the University of Cardiff and the University of East Anglia for business economics.
Any advice?
Reply 1
Cardiff
Reply 2
why do you say cardiff over University of east anglia?
Original post by toby4413
Cardiff
Reply 3
Original post by sm04
I can't choose between the University of Cardiff and the University of East Anglia for business economics.
Any advice?

Visit both universities, think about which atmosphere you prefer, and compare the courses on offer, and think about whether you prefer the modules offered at one over the other.

You'll be embarking on a course for three years and so it is imperative you enjoy yourself as otherwise you'll struggle to work hard and succeed.
Reply 4
Thank you for your advice. I have visited both and have found them to be pretty equal as the course is very similar and I liked both areas, the buildings and so that is why I am struggling for which one to pick as my insurance as I have already picked Nottingham as my firm.
The only difference is that Cardiff is a Russell group university but I don't know if I should take that into consideration or if that doesn't really matter.
Cardiff overall better
Reply 6
what is your reason for saying this?
Original post by TheYearNiner
Cardiff overall better
For one its Russel group and its just a better city and more likely to be recognised highly compared to UEA when applying for a job. It's your choice tho so u decide
Original post by sm04
what is your reason for saying this?
Reply 8
Original post by sm04
Thank you for your advice. I have visited both and have found them to be pretty equal as the course is very similar and I liked both areas, the buildings and so that is why I am struggling for which one to pick as my insurance as I have already picked Nottingham as my firm.
The only difference is that Cardiff is a Russell group university but I don't know if I should take that into consideration or if that doesn't really matter.

What I would say is that one's insurance choice is very important and it should not be underestimated.

Hopefully you get the required grades and you get into your firm choice. However, if on the off chance you don't, it is imperative that you actually would be okay and happy to attend your insurance university, otherwise it would be a wasted application in essence.

You still have time until the UCAS deadlines I think, so give it some more thought. Really try and imagine yourself at each and go from there. Maybe take a second trip to each if there is time.
Reply 9
Thank you for your help!
Original post by .ACS.
What I would say is that one's insurance choice is very important and it should not be underestimated.

Hopefully you get the required grades and you get into your firm choice. However, if on the off chance you don't, it is imperative that you actually would be okay and happy to attend your insurance university, otherwise it would be a wasted application in essence.

You still have time until the UCAS deadlines I think, so give it some more thought. Really try and imagine yourself at each and go from there. Maybe take a second trip to each if there is time.
Reply 10
but UEA is higher than cardiff on economics league tables. Does this make a difference?

For one its Russel group and its just a better city and more likely to be recognised highly compared to UEA when applying for a job. It's your choice tho so u decide
I am not sure but I guess it means something. If I were u I'd choose Cardiff just for the prestige. Best if u visit them one day because it's your choice brother x
Original post by sm04
but UEA is higher than cardiff on economics league tables. Does this make a difference?
Reply 12
Thanks for your help!
I am not sure but I guess it means something. If I were u I'd choose Cardiff just for the prestige. Best if u visit them one day because it's your choice brother x
Reply 13
Is there anyone currently studying business economics?
Hi sm04,

First of all, if you'd like to speak to someone studying business economics, you can do so via a direct message here: https://askastudent.uea.ac.uk/people?page=1. I think that may help a lot with your decision so I'd recommend it.

It sounds like a 50/50 one for you and if you've visited both and like both, then you sort of can't go wrong! I wouldn't worry too much about the Russell Group factor unless it's important to you for a particular reason. I would say go with the university you liked the most and could most see yourself studying happily at. Also, would you rather live in Cardiff or Norwich? For me, Norwich is the clear winner. But everyone has their own preferences so give that consideration too.

Do contact some current students, what they say will be very helpful.

All the best and good luck whichever you choose!

Gabriel, Postgrad Rep

(Original post by sm04)
Any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending