The Student Room Group

Have you registered to vote yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
To clarify, it doesn't matter whether you are under 18 and 'not registered to vote'...you can register at 16 or 17, and arguably should.
Reply 41
Original post by ns_2
To clarify, it doesn't matter whether you are under 18 and 'not registered to vote'...you can register at 16 or 17, and arguably should.

Good point, well made. :yep:
On a year abroad at Nottinghams Malaysia campus.
Original post by Doones
By the way, EU citizens living (or studying) in the UK can vote in the EUparl elections. Unlike for the Referendum. Have you registered to vote?
Original post by Doones
You can register now for the EU Election, and change your address later when you need to.

I'm some countries (eg Australia) it's compulsory to vote. We don't have that here but voting is an important part of adulting :wink:

We disagree hugely on brexit but on this I wholeheartedly agree, regardless of your political persuasion you have to vote.
I'm registered at home but there's a pretty good chance I'll be in my uni city at the time, where I'm not registered. Good memes.
I’m Labour - but they are supporting a second referendum this time, so don’t really know about any party I can properly get behind this time round.
Reply 46
Original post by JMR2019.
I’m Labour - but they are supporting a second referendum this time, so don’t really know about any party I can properly get behind this time round.

Are they?
Yes, and I also got registered before the deadline for the 2nd of May local and mayoral elections so i'll be voting for North of Tyne mayor as well!
Original post by Doones
Are they?

The labour official line seems to change completely every time I hear about it lmao
Reply 49
Original post by Retired_Messiah
The labour official line seems to change completely every time I hear about it lmao

Exactly. The party conference voted for a 2nd ref, but JC certainly hasn't confirmed it for the EU elections the last time I checked.
Original post by Doones
Are they?

Yes, that’s now the policy.
Reply 51
Original post by JMR2019.
Yes, that’s now the policy.

They don't really show a united desire to actually implement this 'policy', however.
And this ladies and gentlemen- this poll shows why the toxic leftist inexperienced views of TSR users do not represent that of the country. Nor the will of the people.
Reply 53
Original post by TomSmith12345
And this ladies and gentlemen- this poll shows why the toxic leftist inexperienced views of TSR users do not represent that of the country. Nor the will of the people.

Wut?! How does registering to vote go against "the will of the people"?
Original post by Doones

I was just about to say that I'm not really sure what point Tom's trying to make!

because registering to ensure your voice and hence the voice and will of the people goes against the will of the people

you’re so full of s*** you can be mistook for a sewer at first glance!
Original post by Doones

Because the majority of users CANT vote. Hence they have no political power and don't deserve it until they've experienced some of the real world. It just shows that all the leftist opinions on this site (who seem like the majority) hold no real political power and have formed their opinions without real experiences of the world. Hence they in fact are the minority. Hence we should promptly ignore them
Because the majority of users CANT vote. Hence they have no political power and don't deserve it until they've experienced some of the real world. It just shows that all the leftist opinions on this site (who seem like the majority) hold no real political power and have formed their opinions without real experiences of the world. Hence they in fact are the minority. Hence we should promptly ignore them

Are you also saying anyone with left wing ideals is naive?
Original post by Burton Bridge
Are you also saying anyone with left wing ideals is naive?

Anyone as far left as some of the posts I've seen on here are unequivocally naive
Anyone as far left as some of the posts I've seen on here are unequivocally naive

Better to be naive and learning than to shut people who are genuinely interested in politics down for inexperience when everyone has to start somewhere.

E6504FCF-8BDA-47C5-AD66-2739E3CBB663.jpg.jpeg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending