The Student Room Group

I've done no revsion for GCSE's

And I'm only just starting to regret it.
Help :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Well...
Yes, you may live to regret it... 😥
But, you can still get good grades.
Revise as much as you can, prioritise your weaker subjects and do not panick too much.
Do you mind sharing your subjects and a recent mock grade so thay I could give some advice for quick revision?
Good luck!😀
Original post by EvyBobs
And I'm only just starting to regret it.
Help :smile:

If you havent started yet, then, quite frankly, you deserve whatever you get
Past papers are the key. You can easily cram GCSE, don’t worry you have plenty of time. Just revise smart- don’t copy out notes you will just forget it. Instead practice past paper questions and highlight the mistakes. Then go back over these areas and try some more questions. If you keep making the same mistakes put the questions on flash cards so you can keep recapping them until you have got it 😊
3 weeks left of GCSES you still have time start ur Revision from NOW
Don't stress, you can definitely do well in sciences through last minute revision, just follow the specification and only learn what you need to. For Maths you should be doing a paper literally every day if you haven't started revision, and when you can't answer a question revise that technique immediately, don't leave anything to chance. English language you don't need to revise for and English lit just make notes on key themes, key characters, and key quotes to support them. Use BBC bitesize and mrbruff videos on youtube, even spark notes is decent, you don't really need to have read any of the books in depth as long as you know the plot and which events occur and when. For languages, you might just have to wing it and other essay subjects learn your dates/quotes/facts, you can have these in long term memory or short term, probably better just to cram the night before and forget afterwards. GCSE's are definitely doable through last minute revision but there is a certain level of self discipline that is needed so its up to you now. Good luck!
I'm in year 10 BUT I saw a post the other day about a person who was in the same situation as you and left it until a few weeks to revise.
They did loads of practise papers - I suppose you still have a chance but you're gonna need to literally revise day and night.
good luck
Original post by aryanmalik567
Don't stress, you can definitely do well in sciences through last minute revision, just follow the specification and only learn what you need to. For Maths you should be doing a paper literally every day if you haven't started revision, and when you can't answer a question revise that technique immediately, don't leave anything to chance. English language you don't need to revise for and English lit just make notes on key themes, key characters, and key quotes to support them. Use BBC bitesize and mrbruff videos on youtube, even spark notes is decent, you don't really need to have read any of the books in depth as long as you know the plot and which events occur and when. For languages, you might just have to wing it and other essay subjects learn your dates/quotes/facts, you can have these in long term memory or short term, probably better just to cram the night before and forget afterwards. GCSE's are definitely doable through last minute revision but there is a certain level of self discipline that is needed so its up to you now. Good luck!
Me too im in the same position but dont give up :smile: I myself have started revision 2 days ago and all I cam say is to use Primrose Kitten's Youtube videos for science as she summarises all the edexcel and aqa papers and if you feel too lazy to revise just watch her videos and count that as revision . For english write essays for english lit and look at past papers and try and rule out characters /themes that came up in 2017/2018. For maths use maths genie they have all the topics for any examboard and they are seperated by grade so that you can see what gade you are working at. It also contains hand written solutions for every practice paper so that you an look back and improve what u did wrong . I wish you the bestand if you wanna bw study partners pm me :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by aryanmalik567

Thank you so much for being so helpful. I am totally not saying under any measures that I haven't done ANY whatsoever but im only just beginning to wake up! I'm just stressing as I got mostly 6's and some 5's im my mocks so im just trying to do as much practice now and hope for the best. Im trying to keep a positive attitude but im pretty stressed ( Obviously with what I have on my hands ).Thank you so so much again x
Reply 9
Thank you <3
Original post by bbyunderliined
I'm in year 10 BUT I saw a post the other day about a person who was in the same situation as you and left it until a few weeks to revise.
They did loads of practise papers - I suppose you still have a chance but you're gonna need to literally revise day and night.
good luck
Original post by ARealNowhereMan
If you havent started yet, then, quite frankly, you deserve whatever you get

Gee, how heartwarming.
Original post by batter mix
Gee, how heartwarming.

I’m not one for sentiment. I’m very rarely emotional or sympathetic at all. It comes across as rudeness but that isn’t my intent
Reply 12
Omg I can't belive I've found someone who's in the same situation as me!! I've literally used maths genie this morning and its great! Everyone just keeps saying that past papers are the way to go, so i'm just gonna crack on now. I'll definitely pm you soon! :smile: good luck to the both of usss :smile:
Original post by anon34443
Me too im in the same position but dont give up :smile: I myself have started revision 2 days ago and all I cam say is to use Primrose Kitten's Youtube videos for science as she summarises all the edexcel and aqa papers and if you feel too lazy to revise just watch her videos and count that as revision . For english write essays for english lit and look at past papers and try and rule out characters /themes that came up in 2017/2018. For maths use maths genie they have all the topics for any examboard and they are seperated by grade so that you can see what gade you are working at. It also contains hand written solutions for every practice paper so that you an look back and improve what u did wrong . I wish you the bestand if you wanna bw study partners pm me :smile:
I’m not one for sentiment. I’m very rarely emotional or sympathetic at all. It comes across as rudeness but that isn’t my intent

Dw, I am in the same boat as you :wink:

It all feels like too much of a hassle tbh but I have been trying to find that side of me (to no avail) :sigh:
Reply 14
Well It's not that I don't care about my future, procrastination is taking the better of me. And I can't take control of it...
something is better than nothing, get off TSR
Reply 16
Original post by blueindigoviolet
something is better than nothing, get off tsr

lol i know right
good luck
i havent done any either
Omg, original poster thank you very much for doing that. Now you can pull down the grade boundaries and I could get my grades easier (8s & 9s) Thank you :smile: You're the best :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest