The Student Room Group

How to flirt with girls?

Hey, how do you actually flirt with girls?
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

I just tell them I wrote them a song, whack out the acoustic guitar and play Wonderwall.
id say show loads of interest in what they like, be chatty and funny but not too fully on, don't talk too much about 'the lads' bc that gets boring real quick, make not-so-subtle jokes about liking her, physical contact like touching her arm or playful shoving or whatever feels natural in certain situations
Original post by Anonymous
id say show loads of interest in what they like, be chatty and funny but not too fully on, don't talk too much about 'the lads' bc that gets boring real quick, make not-so-subtle jokes about liking her, physical contact like touching her arm or playful shoving or whatever feels natural in certain situations

What do you mean by not so subtle jokes? Have you any examples?
heck marry me
Original post by Notoriety
I just tell them I wrote them a song, whack out the acoustic guitar and play Wonderwall.
Original post by ririroo
heck marry me

I am enjoying playing the field atm. Sorry.
just like say really cheesy things about how u like her eyes and make eye contact and like slight physical contact (but don't get too physical cos that's creepy as hell) but if ur like good friends or u know u like other like touch her arm during conversation or smth idk
shame that
Original post by Notoriety
I am enjoying playing the field atm. Sorry.
Look up Ricardo Milo's video, make your own version of it then send it to the girl.
Original post by ririroo
just like say really cheesy things about how u like her eyes and make eye contact and like slight physical contact (but don't get too physical cos that's creepy as hell) but if ur like good friends or u know u like other like touch her arm during conversation or smth idk

Ok
Original post by TreeFellOnMe
Look up Ricardo Milo's video, make your own version of it then send it to the girl.

Who?
You gotta flex on them fam
Original post by JoshDarnIt
You gotta flex on them fam

What does that mean?
Original post by lil_student_xoxo
What does that mean?

Just basically means showing off. I was joking tho, don't take my advice OP :lol:
My brother, flirting is just your ability to balance three very important things:
1. Listening. There's no flow in conversation without being a good listener. instead of thinking what to say next focus on what is being said
2. Responding. Just be yourself when talking, don't try to be someone your not, it makes life difficult
3. A sprinkle of Sexual energy. otherwise you will just end up a friend. Confidence like you know what you're doing. take breaks in conversation to throw in funny sexual innuendo and compliments about her looks or personality or some bs. Don't over do it like an idiot. It's just like a poke, one poke is playful, poke poke poke poke poke poke is fckn annoying.

PS every guy needs a few general things they say to every woman. if they say I bet you say that to every girl just say no you don't, just you

P.S.S dress nice and smell nice. its hard to fck anything up when you look good. you literally could say anything
double entendre

a word or phrase that might be understood in two ways, one of which is usually sexual.

Start off subtle. If she never replies with anything flirty then she isn't attracted to you. If she responds well then you can just go straight to being blunt.
Original post by BlobBlob69
My brother, flirting is just your ability to balance three very important things:
1. Listening. There's no flow in conversation without being a good listener. instead of thinking what to say next focus on what is being said
2. Responding. Just be yourself when talking, don't try to be someone your not, it makes life difficult
3. A sprinkle of Sexual energy. otherwise you will just end up a friend. Confidence like you know what you're doing. take breaks in conversation to throw in funny sexual innuendo and compliments about her looks or personality or some bs. Don't over do it like an idiot. It's just like a poke, one poke is playful, poke poke poke poke poke poke is fckn annoying.

PS every guy needs a few general things they say to every woman. if they say I bet you say that to every girl just say no you don't, just you

P.S.S dress nice and smell nice. its hard to fck anything up when you look good. you literally could say anything

Thanks
Original post by ChickenMadness
Start off subtle. If she never replies with anything flirty then she isn't attracted to you. If she responds well then you can just go straight to being blunt.

I get what you mean. Do you have any examples?
thanks
Original post by lil_student_xoxo
Thanks

I get what you mean. Do you have any examples?

Depends on the conversation, you can do it with anything. I'll give you one random made up example lol. Hard to think of them without talking to someone.

girl: urgh it's too hot today
me: ye being hot and sweaty sucks don't it?

I talk like this all the time because I have a sarcastic and blunt sense of humour already :lol: I turn it off around people I don't want getting the wrong idea though lol.

But ye, when you say something like that you're giving the other person an opportunity to respond with something equally flirty, or ignore it. I don't follow up on it unless the girl takes the conversation in that direction. Laughing at your own jokes makes it less awkward as well if she reacts badly :lol: That only happens if you say go straight to saying something outrageous without starting off subtle to check she actually likes it though lol.

^That is basic stuff when you like a girl and want to test the waters without literally asking and getting rejected lmao. I do this with everyone, instead of ever asking them out. Once you're past that first stage you can just say whatever you want.

You should be flirting from the beginning if you're attracted to someone though. It would be weird if you just randomly started doing it after being platonic friends for months. And it's awkward af for the other person.
(edited 5 years ago)
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness
Depends on the conversation, you can do it with anything. I'll give you one random made up example lol. Hard to think of them without talking to someone.

girl: urgh it's too hot today
me: ye being hot and sweaty sucks don't it?

I talk like this all the time because I have a sarcastic and blunt sense of humour already :lol: I turn it off around people I don't want getting the wrong idea though lol.

But ye, when you say something like that you're giving the other person an opportunity to respond with something equally flirty, or ignore it. I don't follow up on it unless the girl takes the conversation in that direction.

^That is basic stuff when you like a girl and want to test the waters without literally asking and getting rejected lmao. I do this with everyone, instead of ever asking them out. Once you're past that first stage you can just say whatever you want.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending