The Student Room Group

My A level journey and athlete lifestyle blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MydaMina
Yes, a foundation degree is the best route for your chosen career. Oh, that's great! I'm just researching round LLB Law and PPL courses, already went to Uni of Law and spoke to them about the programming.

Oh cool I've heard of uni of law it's meant to be really good right? I'm gonna visit uni of South Wales in July and I'll stay in Cardiff for a few nights so that I get a feeling of what it's like to live there as South Wales is hella far from where I live and I need to know if its right for me
Haha yes, it's an incredibly high qualified law & business school with TEF rating of Gold (which is the teaching rates). I've gone up there and saw what it's like and I really liked it. The good thing is, is that it has campuses across the U.K, from London to Manchester. Oh, that's cool. Yes, needing to stay in a city is good to see if it'll really fit your style in studying and living there.
Original post by Mixedraceguy
Oh cool I've heard of uni of law it's meant to be really good right? I'm gonna visit uni of South Wales in July and I'll stay in Cardiff for a few nights so that I get a feeling of what it's like to live there as South Wales is hella far from where I live and I need to know if its right for me
Yeah the food was tasty and so far today I've had some good food yeah Ik the feeling especially when you crave something that's naughty like pub grub or KFC you seem to be doing good so far with your work outs I'm sure you can do and even if you feel like you can't do it you should try same following other people's journeys keeps me motivated and as a Christian I like to help put and pray for other people so that I can give my blessings and share my energy

Yup I had cravings today and honestly I don't mind atm. I want to enjoy myself and as its not my main focus rn I might as well enjoy those moments :h:
Haha we had KFC the other day (mainly just due to one being close plus delivers easily and also we can look up nutritional info on their site) :biggrin:.

Yes exactly! I always like to listen to others stories, lives, views etc because we can learn lots from it even if its negative.
That is a lovely thing to do :smile: I too pray for others and hope the best in all. I always like to keep being optimistic even in negative periods :u:
Haha yes, it's an incredibly high qualified law & business school with TEF rating of Gold (which is the teaching rates). I've gone up there and saw what it's like and I really liked it. The good thing is, is that it has campuses across the U.K, from London to Manchester. Oh, that's cool. Yes, needing to stay in a city is good to see if it'll really fit your style in studying and living there.

That's amazing, that's cool which campus do you think you would study at?
Sure and the chemistry faculties are on the glyntaff campus which is in a village 10 miles from Cardiff so I would have a choice of living on campus living in accommodation in Cardiff I'm not sure rn as the village looks quite and it could be Holly I've researched some churches there as I will continue to believe in God and Jesus and thank them as I study at uni and it will be important that I can continue with my sports and fitness
I am stuck in choosing between the London & Manchester Campus. The London one has the widest range of undergraduate degrees on its campus so I'm considering in going there. I'm also planning in visiting UCL on the open days in June as it's one of the top schools to study law.
Oh, that's nice, I quite prefer village areas, but I'm more of a city girl. Yes, good to see you keeping up with your faith and lifestyle, as well as academic-wise.
That's amazing, that's cool which campus do you think you would study at?
Sure and the chemistry faculties are on the glyntaff campus which is in a village 10 miles from Cardiff so I would have a choice of living on campus living in accommodation in Cardiff I'm not sure rn as the village looks quite and it could be Holly I've researched some churches there as I will continue to believe in God and Jesus and thank them as I study at uni and it will be important that I can continue with my sports and fitness
Hey guys I've been busy connecting with my family and eating Easter eggs but I've also been working out mainly core workouts

Yesterday I did 300 push ups, 200 sit ups, 350 crunches, 300 tricep dips 60 seconds cycle kicks×6 2 minute plank ×3 500 squats. 90 second walls it ×6 and today I've done the same and I did some bicep curls earlier and my friends house I did 30 rep and 10 sets of 20kg
IMG_20190422_004522.jpg

Easter eggs that I've started eating today the second one is from waitrose and is an assortment of dark, white and milk chocolate and tastes delish @Kraggor
I am stuck in choosing between the London & Manchester Campus. The London one has the widest range of undergraduate degrees on its campus so I'm considering in going there. I'm also planning in visiting UCL on the open days in June as it's one of the top schools to study law.
Oh, that's nice, I quite prefer village areas, but I'm more of a city girl. Yes, good to see you keeping up with your faith and lifestyle, as well as academic-wise.

I see perhaps it would be better to the one that's closest to you though you would have to weigh up the pros and cons and that's good you'll find out more about ucl and a feel of what it's like to libe there yeah the village really attracts me and I suppose it would be nice and quiet as well as having beautiful scenary and yeah I'll defo keep them up because they make me a full rounded person
Hey guys I've been busy connecting with my family and eating Easter eggs but I've also been working out mainly core workouts

Yesterday I did 300 push ups, 200 sit ups, 350 crunches, 300 tricep dips 60 seconds cycle kicks×6 2 minute plank ×3 500 squats. 90 second walls it ×6 and today I've done the same and I did some bicep curls earlier and my friends house I did 30 rep and 10 sets of 20kg

Hope you enjoyed all the Easter time with your family :smile: Plus being able to gobble up all those eggs :cookie:
So many workouts haha. Not sure if I will ever get or go that far :tongue:
Keep up the great work man! :h:

IMG_20190422_004522.jpg

Easter eggs that I've started eating today the second one is from waitrose and is an assortment of dark, white and milk chocolate and tastes delish @Kraggor

Yusss. Wonderful assortment. Don't eat them all too fast :biggrin:
Yes, definitely keeping the pros and cons of moving to uni in mind. Yes, I prefer the village for its blissful scenery tbh, the city is quite crowded and chaotic at times... Good to hear that. :smile:
I see perhaps it would be better to the one that's closest to you though you would have to weigh up the pros and cons and that's good you'll find out more about ucl and a feel of what it's like to libe there yeah the village really attracts me and I suppose it would be nice and quiet as well as having beautiful scenary and yeah I'll defo keep them up because they make me a full rounded person
IMG_20190422_004522.jpg

They look peng have you eaten them yet?
Original post by Kraggor
Hope you enjoyed all the Easter time with your family :smile: Plus being able to gobble up all those eggs :cookie:
So many workouts haha. Not sure if I will ever get or go that far :tongue:
Keep up the great work man! :h:

Yusss. Wonderful assortment. Don't eat them all too fast :biggrin:

Yup as an athlete and living in an athlete lifestyle there's loads of workouts each day and it's so vital that my diet is on point and that I'm eating enough food and sufficient amounts
Tbh i ate them within 36 hours but I enjoyed myself that's the main thing 😂
Original post by SavageRyan
They look peng have you eaten them yet?

I ate them all within 36 hours
Yes, definitely keeping the pros and cons of moving to uni in mind. Yes, I prefer the village for its blissful scenery tbh, the city is quite crowded and chaotic at times... Good to hear that. :smile:

It is although there's a lot to do in the city and Cardiff is only a small train ride away and it seems like there's some cool churches in the village which is great
(edited 4 years ago)
Yup as an athlete and living in an athlete lifestyle there's loads of workouts each day and it's so vital that my diet is on point and that I'm eating enough food and sufficient amounts
Tbh i ate them within 36 hours but I enjoyed myself that's the main thing 😂

You being an athlete just as a part of personal life or would you look to taking it to competition? Haha tbh maybe thats not so bad eating it all quick then losing as fast as possible :tongue:
Ooh, that does seem like quite a tranquil village. The city always has more things to look out for and do, true. Depends really where you fit in more with the cultural and flexible aspects of it.
It is although there's a lot to do in the city and Cardiff is only a small train ride away and it seems like there's some cool churches in the village which is great
Original post by Kraggor
You being an athlete just as a part of personal life or would you look to taking it to competition? Haha tbh maybe thats not so bad eating it all quick then losing as fast as possible :tongue:

Well I've been competing since I was 10 though I had two years out due to some injuries and growing pains and I only competed a few times last year but this summer im looking to compete in some 3k and 5k runs a couple athletics open graded meetings and some galas, the County swimming champs, some local open meets etc so I'll be very busy! Yup eating a lot of bad stuff in one go is hella fun and then going on a low carb low fat diet for a couple of days evens it out and then you can just go back to normal macros at least that's what I've done hah
(edited 4 years ago)
Ooh, that does seem like quite a tranquil village. The city always has more things to look out for and do, true. Depends really where you fit in more with the cultural and flexible aspects of it.

Yeah and I think i would still be able to incorporate my current lifestyle which is important and tranquility would give me a good environment to further my studies
I ate them all within 36 hours

Oh fairs how's the gum?
Original post by SavageRyan
Oh fairs how's the gum?

Initially it was going down but now it appears to have ceased reduction

Quick Reply

Latest