The Student Room Group

Is this guy attractive?

Do you think this guy is attractive, average or just dead?

Test finished thank you all
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Not my type, but he's not ugly by any means.
Reply 2
ehhh id say average purely on looks but if he also has a nice personality is would definitely make him attractive!
EEmm, Id say average
I think I’m pretty attractive (not completely sure) but I would say you’re average. Personally you need to be able to make up for your averageness with a good personality
Reply 5
We are actually carrying out a case study into how different photos can portray a different image of yourself. We have his consent in case anyone is worrying. Ill be uploading another pic in a second.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
All opinions are valid
I wouldn't say he is unattractive he just seems like one of the natural looking CLINGY boys
Reply 8
Thats a fair point. Thank you for your feedback. Is there any particular reasoning behind the 'clingy' image?
Original post by Anonymous
I wouldn't say he is unattractive he just seems like one of the natural looking CLINGY boys
Weird angle.
Would you still be able to provide a rating. Thanks.
Original post by Notoriety
Weird angle.
Pros:
Good jawline
Nice masculine eyebrows
Clear skin
He has strong looking arms

Cons:
His eyes have a slight downward tilt, giving more submissive cute look; the typical attractive male eye tilts upwards slightly, and are not rounded (people call them hunter eyes)
His hair isn't the most stylish
Doesn't have the most chiselled face (e.g. his cheekbones aren't massively protruding, which for men and women would be an attractive trait)

I'd say he's a bit above average

Despite the weird angle, I think he looks better in the first photo. His face seems more relaxed, his eyes seem more elongated and less round than the second picture, which is more attractive. His eyes look sharper and more deep set (probably due to the lighting, which isn't as bright in the second photo), another masculine feature. Also, his eyebrows seem tidier in the first photo.

In the second photo his eyes seem rounder, giving a more (no offense) weak/beta/submissive atmosphere. For me, round eyes in men makes them look more baby-ish and cuter, which equates to less masculine. However, if we are also judging below the neck, his body looks better in the second photo; he looks a bit chubby in the first photo due to the strange angle, but the second photo presents his biceps and forearms, which evoke masculinity (and therefore attractiveness in males).

I kind of rambled on and I don't know if I'm making sense.
Very very informative, thank you kindly.
Original post by randomsheep11
Pros:
Good jawline
Nice masculine eyebrows
Clear skin
He has strong looking arms

Cons:
His eyes have a slight downward tilt, giving more submissive cute look; the typical attractive male eye tilts upwards slightly, and are not rounded (people call them hunter eyes)
His hair isn't the most stylish
Doesn't have the most chiselled face (e.g. his cheekbones aren't massively protruding, which for men and women would be an attractive trait)

I'd say he's a bit above average

Despite the weird angle, I think he looks better in the first photo. His face seems more relaxed, his eyes seem more elongated and less round than the second picture, which is more attractive. His eyes look sharper and more deep set (probably due to the lighting, which isn't as bright in the second photo), another masculine feature. Also, his eyebrows seem tidier in the first photo.

In the second photo his eyes seem rounder, giving a more (no offense) weak/beta/submissive atmosphere. For me, round eyes in men makes them look more baby-ish and cuter, which equates to less masculine. However, if we are also judging below the neck, his body looks better in the second photo; he looks a bit chubby in the first photo due to the strange angle, but the second photo presents his biceps and forearms, which evoke masculinity (and therefore attractiveness in males).

I kind of rambled on and I don't know if I'm making sense.
Original post by Isthatokay?
We are actually carrying out a case study into how different photos can portray a different image of yourself. We have his consent in case anyone is worrying. Ill be uploading another pic in a second.

Yep. I bet a different photo, taken with a different pose and from a different angle would make him look a lot more attractive. Different clothes and a different hairstyle would help too.

That photo from that angle makes it look like his body has gone to seed. This may be a totally false impression due to the pose, the angle, the clothes.
Do you think this guy is attractive, average or just dead?
Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Is it you?? And I'd say whoever he is is attractive 😍
Haha im flattered but. Hes pretty much the only guy friend I have that actually allowed me to use his pictures for my assignment and case study. The rest cared too much.
You seem to have forgotten to obtain the informed consent of those taking part in the 'study', or to have provided the details of the person, institution and contact details of whoever is responsible for the 'study'. Ethics not a strong suit perhaps?
You probably never saw the comment above. No worries :smile:
Original post by Grizwuld
You seem to have forgotten to obtain the informed consent of those taking part in the 'study', or to have provided the details of the person, institution and contact details of whoever is responsible for the 'study'. Ethics not a strong suit perhaps?
Original post by Sian.M.A
Is it you?? And I'd say whoever he is is attractive 😍

Looks like OP’s friend has an admirer :wink:
Even those with good looks (such as myself) know that being attractive is only one part of becoming irresistible
Urrr Okkk??? Whatever you say
Original post by Anonymous
Looks like OP’s friend has an admirer :wink:
Even those with good looks (such as myself) know that being attractive is only one part of becoming irresistible

Quick Reply