The Student Room Group

Why is it when i'm angry, or even violent, I start crying? How do I stop this?

I'm a 17 male.
I know it's f*cking embarassing.
There was a situation at school were some year 11 was picking on my younger brother whose in year 10 and he's been doing it for a while now. My little bro has got really bad eczema on his face, it had once destroyed his self-conscious but he's a strong kid. He skipped the lunch que with his mates once and pushed in front of this kid and ever since then this kid has been picking on him and pushing him around.

My brother told me its been going on for 2 weeks straight, so i went down to see this f*cker. Turns out it was this little asain roadman wannabe so I confronted him and after asking nicely and recieving some expected disrespect to me and family and **** I flipped out and pushed him to the wall and yelled at him...

But I started to cry. As I always f*cking do man. It just made me feel so weak and worthless. I felt ****ing defeated and the kid started laughing. Still bust his nose, his older brother wants to knock me out but he's a puff himself.

Anyways yeah heres my confession loool its funny now that i'm writing it out but so ****ing dumb. I don't act hard but I grew up in a rough area where, at one point, you will have to fight. I'm not scared of fighting but I always cry I don't get emotional my voice don't waver, but tear just ****ing roll down
I know the feeling. I'm a 17 year old male and I just cry and pull my hair out. All my life I've been told not to lash out so I don't but my body has resulted to crying and torturing myself instead. Maybe its the Sam for you where you've been conditioned not to lash out or react so the only thing left that our body can think of doing is breaking down
Cant wait to fight you cry baby wimps i grew up in the inner city for 8 years come at me suckazz
Reply 3
Original post by TaintedLight
Cant wait to fight you cry baby wimps i grew up in the inner city for 8 years come at me suckazz

Haha i get you this is what I mean.

The whole crying thing just assosiates us with pu*sies bro. So damn annoying.
Oi i'll still kick the **** out of you no lie...might just cry like a b*tch whilst im at it though ;((
Reply 4
Probably to do with adrenaline.
Hmm, maybe's it's a result of you suppressing your emotions and they reveal themselves in this way? I dunno tho, I'm no expert. Or maybe's you unconsciously/subconsciously don't like getting in these negative situations so it triggers a response?

This is something you may want to get to the root of my dude.
Reply 6
Original post by JacktheJoker1989
I know the feeling. I'm a 17 year old male and I just cry and pull my hair out. All my life I've been told not to lash out so I don't but my body has resulted to crying and torturing myself instead. Maybe its the Sam for you where you've been conditioned not to lash out or react so the only thing left that our body can think of doing is breaking down

I'm not sure. I haven't been taught by my parents to remain passive, but I know just from growing up that it's honestly better just to avoid beef and petty arguments; other lads morals might be different to yours, they may not control themselves and some of them are just petty and will hold a grudge for life.

I don't know. It really is frustrating in a way your right maybe it is due to my morals? idk
Reply 7
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Hmm, maybe's it's a result of you suppressing your emotions and they reveal themselves in this way? I dunno tho, I'm no expert. Or maybe's you unconsciously/subconsciously don't like getting in these negative situations so it triggers a response?

This is something you may want to get to the root of my dude.

Hmm maybe I should

Btw I searched this up turns out a lot of people get this; they simply just do apparently?

I don't think its unconscious or rooted to a particular event however. I wouldn't say i'm ignorant and purposefully mask myself (ironic as i'm anonymous but not for shame reasons-more for the damage if this goes out to my tsr friends who know me irl) which is the reason why i'm voicing it online. I think it might be linked to adrenaline. I always seem to cry during the pump to a fight or something really serious...thing is I have never experienced this with roller coasters and **** like that. Adrenaline tied to anger?

When i'm irrationally violent this does not occur-when I punch my brother for just slightly annoying me irrationally I don't cry even when the argument gets heated-in some situations anyways. For example if the argument is really personal or family rooted i can feel myself getting emotional but haven't cried yet....

oh man this is strange I hate this
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 17 male.
I know it's f*cking embarassing.
There was a situation at school were some year 11 was picking on my younger brother whose in year 10 and he's been doing it for a while now. My little bro has got really bad eczema on his face, it had once destroyed his self-conscious but he's a strong kid. He skipped the lunch que with his mates once and pushed in front of this kid and ever since then this kid has been picking on him and pushing him around.

My brother told me its been going on for 2 weeks straight, so i went down to see this f*cker. Turns out it was this little asain roadman wannabe so I confronted him and after asking nicely and recieving some expected disrespect to me and family and **** I flipped out and pushed him to the wall and yelled at him...

But I started to cry. As I always f*cking do man. It just made me feel so weak and worthless. I felt ****ing defeated and the kid started laughing. Still bust his nose, his older brother wants to knock me out but he's a puff himself.

Anyways yeah heres my confession loool its funny now that i'm writing it out but so ****ing dumb. I don't act hard but I grew up in a rough area where, at one point, you will have to fight. I'm not scared of fighting but I always cry I don't get emotional my voice don't waver, but tear just ****ing roll down

A man crying is not a sign of weakness! Who told you that nonsense?
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Hmm maybe I should

Btw I searched this up turns out a lot of people get this; they simply just do apparently?

I don't think its unconscious or rooted to a particular event however. I wouldn't say i'm ignorant and purposefully mask myself (ironic as i'm anonymous but not for shame reasons-more for the damage if this goes out to my tsr friends who know me irl) which is the reason why i'm voicing it online. I think it might be linked to adrenaline. I always seem to cry during the pump to a fight or something really serious...thing is I have never experienced this with roller coasters and **** like that. Adrenaline tied to anger?

When i'm irrationally violent this does not occur-when I punch my brother for just slightly annoying me irrationally I don't cry even when the argument gets heated-in some situations anyways. For example if the argument is really personal or family rooted i can feel myself getting emotional but haven't cried yet....

oh man this is strange I hate this

It'll be the fight-or-flight associated with adrenaline. Seen it loads of times in scraps and shortly after scraps. Hormones trigger all sorts of weird responses.
Reply 10
Physiological fight or flight response and adrenaline. Do you also tremble? Regardless of how it looks, from a functional perspective it's doing its job, and is better than not having a heightened awareness and being unprepared. That person is the one who gets hit.
(edited 4 years ago)
I'm similar. I cry when I get frustrated and it's the most annoying thing, especially at work when I already look younger than I am and crying on top of that means I just come across as a massive baby.

I think mine is just related to hormones. I'm a very emotional person as it is so not exactly surprising.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by mgi
A man crying is not a sign of weakness! Who told you that nonsense?

No it isn't but society says it is, and its hard to change what the ignorant majority think.
Plus try telling that to a bunch of sixth formers/high school kids haha

But I agree. I might be crying but more than once have I come out on top in a fight or argument.
Original post by gjd800
It'll be the fight-or-flight associated with adrenaline. Seen it loads of times in scraps and shortly after scraps. Hormones trigger all sorts of weird responses.

Cheers man yeah I think this is it, from what I have searched around online anyway

Do you know a way to control this or am I asking for the stupid/impossible?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending