The Student Room Group

Predictions for English Literature Paper 2019 AQA

What does everyone think the questions will be for Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde, An Inspector Calls and Poetry Comparison
Macbeth will be on Lady macbeth or their relationship I'm pretty sure. Poppies is a strong favorite for Poetry.
Original post by rudey2
What does everyone think the questions will be for Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde, An Inspector Calls and Poetry Comparison
what makes you say so???

Original post by SchmuckOff
Macbeth will be on Lady macbeth or their relationship I'm pretty sure. Poppies is a strong favorite for Poetry.
Reply 3
I remember already doing a practise AQA paper on the relationship or the Macbeths
Last year Banquo came up and before that it was Macbeth which leaves one character yet to come. Poppies is a poem that is neither near the top of everyone's favorites or at the bottom + It hasn't come before which leads to that decision.
Original post by manav28
what makes you say so???
Reply 5
I think there could be a question on theme in Macbeth? My English teacher said it could be a possibility this year as they have discussed key characters previously, but I guess we never know for definite.
Reply 6
yes my teacher thought kingship could come up
Original post by jrw.3
I think there could be a question on theme in Macbeth? My English teacher said it could be a possibility this year as they have discussed key characters previously, but I guess we never know for definite.
Reply 7
For Macbeth it could be one of the minor characters or something and I think it's gonna be poppies or war photographer for poetry
Reply 8
My teacher also said for poetry, My Last Duchess would be a good one for the Power and Conflict side of the argument. So rather than comparing two war poems together, compare a war poem with a 'peaceful' poem. Many examiners notice that students don't tend to pick it as it's a long poem. This is only a suggestion for a bigger comparison of poems, doesn't mean it will increase the level of marks you get
Reply 9
Kamikaze
if they do poppies imma kms I have prepared for it, but unlike the other poems the ideas don't come natural to me with poppies which is vvvvv annoying.
Last year Banquo came up and before that it was Macbeth which leaves one character yet to come. Poppies is a poem that is neither near the top of everyone's favorites or at the bottom + It hasn't come before which leads to that decision.
Reply 11
but tbf that's good because its given so you can use it then remember the ones you know better to compare it
Original post by manav28
if they do poppies imma kms I have prepared for it, but unlike the other poems the ideas don't come natural to me with poppies which is vvvvv annoying.
Reply 12
I've heard that the nature poems are strongly tipped to come up but I'd say study poems that are very broad in the number of links that you can make to other poems e.g. Remains or Exposure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending