The Student Room Group

How do guys that like you react when you talk about other guys

One of my guy friends that I’ve only known for a few months acts a bit weird when I mention my other guy friends to him. If I ever do, he’ll either briefly comment on them or completely ignore it and immediately change the subject. What does it mean?
I do know that if a guy likes you they would bombard you with questions about the other guy but this reaction kinda confuses me.
So if anyone knows, it’d help.
I personally find it annoying when a girl talks too much about her male friends. It's alright if it provides some necessary background for a different story but other than that it seems rather odd to me to mention some guy whom I've never met. If If I like the girl I'd also change the subject to avoid being friendzoned but it's a highly subjective topic in the end.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I personally find it annoying when a girl talks too much about her male friends. It's alright if it provides some necessary background for a different story but other than that it seems rather odd to me to mention some guy whom I've never met. If If I like the girl I'd also change the subject to avoid being friendzoned but it's a highly subjective topic in the end.

Thanks for your reply. But what if u only saw her as a friend, would you still react in that way? Plus I don’t always talk abt my guy friends to him, they just get mentioned frm time to time because they’re a part of my life too.
Either he's in not in good terms with him or he is jealous that you talk fondly about this other guy every now and then and can't be asked to hear about it - he might not necessarily have to like like you to feel this way
Thanks for your reply. But what if u only saw her as a friend, would you still react in that way? Plus I don’t always talk abt my guy friends to him, they just get mentioned frm time to time because they’re a part of my life too.
might be jelly or might be an overprotective thot and wouldn't want u to talk to any guy but him - im talking from experience :smile:
Reply 5

I wouldn't care too much if I don't have feelings for her but if I do this would be a negative point that would make me rethink my feelings for her. However, I must say that I'm quite conservative about such topics and lose interest quickly because of small details. I, therefore, wouldn't take this perspective as a reference if I were you. Nonetheless, hope it helps!
I do know that if a guy likes you they would bombard you with questions about the other guy

not necessarily no. we aren't all that obvious
Makes us competitive; brings out the Robbers Cave in us.
He doesn't want to listen to you talking about other men/boys lol.
Reply 9
Original post by Firat13
I wouldn't care too much if I don't have feelings for her but if I do this would be a negative point that would make me rethink my feelings for her. However, I must say that I'm quite conservative about such topics and lose interest quickly because of small details. I, therefore, wouldn't take this perspective as a reference if I were you. Nonetheless, hope it helps!

But the thing is, he hasn’t shown that he likes me, he’s a very private person and I guess he hides his feelings so even if he did... I guess, I wouldn’t know. Apart from us talking frequently online so I’m not rlly sure.
Original post by HoldThisL
not necessarily no. we aren't all that obvious

Ok... That kinda makes sense because he’s a pretty private person and likes to keep his feelings to himself. So, what does him “changing the subject” mean?
It probably makes him jealous and he sees these guys as possible competition.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending