The Student Room Group

Land Economy 2020 , University of Cambridge

Hello everyone I hope you are fine and having a great day . Actually I am considering to apply to land economy Undergraduate at Cambridge but i am really confused about what type of work experience do I really need . I am the son of my country's largest advertising business and will therefore merge the course with my business in order to present a clear view and purpose for the chosen course . I am also opening a centre providing free education to low-income families which may also look good on my application . Plus I have opened a Clinic which also provides free medicines to the low income community . Apart from it I am house captain at my school .And I will be attending the court soon . If there is any other extra-curricular I should mention in my application please guide me .( Sorry for a bit bad English bcz i am actually getting late for my upcoming class).
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by M.Ahmed Jamshaid
Hello everyone I hope you are fine and having a great day . Actually I am considering to apply to land economy Undergraduate at Cambridge but i am really confused about what type of work experience do I really need . I am the son of my country's largest advertising business and will therefore merge the course with my business in order to present a clear view and purpose for the chosen course . I am also opening a centre providing free education to low-income families which may also look good on my application . Plus I have opened a Clinic which also provides free medicines to the low income community . Apart from it I am house captain at my school .And I will be attending the court soon . If there is any other extra-curricular I should mention in my application please guide me .( Sorry for a bit bad English bcz i am actually getting late for my upcoming class).

Hi Nice to meet you! I plan to apply for the land economy as well.

I remember seeing from the admission guide on the Cambridge official website which says that work experience is not expected from Cambridge.

However, I think doing things with courts and finance will help, may be accountant or lawyer assistant?
Original post by SimonRogers
Hi Nice to meet you! I plan to apply for the land economy as well.

I remember seeing from the admission guide on the Cambridge official website which says that work experience is not expected from Cambridge.

However, I think doing things with courts and finance will help, may be accountant or lawyer assistant?

Yeah ! But one of my friends in another school applied to cambridge with a couple of research papers and WWF Work Experience .
Nice to hear from you~
I think that doing these finance and law related work will definitely help as we can write them down in our personal statement. However this may not be the most important part because I think we'd better focus on our academic aspect. So it is about how the work experiences help with our academic understanding of the subject. Could you tell me what kind of research your friend did? Did he do one himself or it was a kind of competition?
Yeah ! But one of my friends in another school applied to cambridge with a couple of research papers and WWF Work Experience .
(edited 5 years ago)
He was an amazing guy with 11A*In O levels and was predicted 4A*s in his A Levels . He wrote an amazing personal statement and shone at the interview . He did a research on Environmental condition of Mangroves in Karachi (Pakistan)
Original post by SimonRogers
Nice to hear from you~
I think that doing these finance and law related work will definitely help as we can write them down in our personal statement. However this may not be the most important part because I think we'd better focus on our academic aspect. So it is about how the work experiences help with our academic understanding of the subject. Could you tell me what kind of research your friend did? Did he do one himself or it was a kind of competition?
Anyone?
Reply 6

Work experience is not required or expected. What *is* required are very good academics. What qualifications are you studying?
I am doing a summer course at University of Cambridge . + I am doing 4 A Levels ( Maths,F.M ,Geography,and economics) . I have done A Level Maths in one Year and I think I am gonna get an A Grade . What do you think , not having an A * will put me at a disadvantage?
Reply 8
I am doing a summer course at University of Cambridge . + I am doing 4 A Levels ( Maths,F.M ,Geography,and economics) . I have done A Level Maths in one Year and I think I am gonna get an A Grade . What do you think , not having an A * will put me at a disadvantage?

Frankly, yes, but wait to see how you actually do.
is it possible to retake the exam in November ?. And send that predicted grade?
If retake is possible i will opt for it. But is it possible to send new Predicted grade?
and will they still recongnise it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending