The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Postgraduate Applicants 2019/20

Anyone else applying for PG study? Am an EU student and I got an offer for MA Media & PR!

I have offers from other Unis, but I think I will go for Newcastle!
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Me :smile: I'm a home student currently in my final year at Liverpool, I was debating between York or Newcastle for PG but have accepted Newcastle for an MRes.
Reply 3
Oh hello there! I was also deciding between York and Newcastle and ended up choosing Newcastle! :smile:
Original post by boods8897
Me :smile: I'm a home student currently in my final year at Liverpool, I was debating between York or Newcastle for PG but have accepted Newcastle for an MRes.
Cool! What were you deciding between / what did you pick? (Coursewise)
Original post by moonqueen
Oh hello there! I was also deciding between York and Newcastle and ended up choosing Newcastle! :smile:
Reply 5
York (MSc Global Marketing), Newcastle (Media and PR) and Leeds (Communication and Media), I ended up going for NCL!
What about you?
Cool! What were you deciding between / what did you pick? (Coursewise)
Anyone else applying for PG study? Am an EU student and I got an offer for MA Media & PR!

I have offers from other Unis, but I think I will go for Newcastle!

Hey moonqueen,

Congratulations on your offer and it's great you've decided to come to Newcastle!
If you've got any questions about the uni or the city let me know.

Simon :smile:
York (MSc Global Marketing), Newcastle (Media and PR) and Leeds (Communication and Media), I ended up going for NCL!
What about you?

York - MSc Human Anatomy and Evolution, Newcastle MRes Neuroscience :smile: York would've been so expensive in comparison though, half the reason why I went for Newcastle instead!
Reply 8
Me! I’m finishing up my undergrad in the US this summer and I got an offer for International Multimedia and Journalism MA. The MA Media & PR program looks amazing as well!

I am still debating between a few Unis, but Newcastle is a strong contender.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
York - MSc Human Anatomy and Evolution, Newcastle MRes Neuroscience :smile: York would've been so expensive in comparison though, half the reason why I went for Newcastle instead!

Same! I also received a scholarship for NCL... that made my choice a lot easier :smile:
I look forward to meeting all the postgraduates!
Reply 10
Uh, it's a tough decision! I was thinking about International Multimedia as well but PR made a lot more sense with my education background. What other Universities are you thinking about? :smile:
Original post by woods677
Me! I’m finishing up my undergrad in the US this summer and I got an offer for International Multimedia and Journalism MA. The MA Media & PR program looks amazing as well!

I am still debating between a few Unis, but Newcastle is a strong contender.
I agree! Definitely spent just as much time deciding between almost identical programs as I did writing all my personal statements 😭

I just finished my applications less than two weeks ago, so I’m still waiting to hear back from Brunel, Roehampton, and Goldsmiths! I have already received an unconditional offer to Solent though so it’s nice to know I’ll at least have some options. How do you think Newcastle compares to the other universities?
Uh, it's a tough decision! I was thinking about International Multimedia as well but PR made a lot more sense with my education background. What other Universities are you thinking about? :smile:
Hi :smile:

I am from India and I will be pursuing MSc Global Human Resource Management. Took a lot of time in deciding between Newcastle, York, Liverpool, and Glasgow, but finally going for the Newcastle University.
Very cool! Human Resources is a great field!

Have you decided on accommodation yet?
Original post by ps9111996
Hi :smile:

I am from India and I will be pursuing MSc Global Human Resource Management. Took a lot of time in deciding between Newcastle, York, Liverpool, and Glasgow, but finally going for the Newcastle University.

I applied for the university accommodation and received an offer for Park Terrace yesterday.
Very cool! Human Resources is a great field!

Have you decided on accommodation yet?

I haven't looked into that one, but I'll definitely check it out! So far, I'm leaning towards their all postgrad accommodation Newgate Court. The only thing is I'm not sure how social the building is. As an international student, I want to live somewhere people are down to meet new people and go out to explore the city together.

I wish you well this year!
Original post by ps9111996
I applied for the university accommodation and received an offer for Park Terrace yesterday.
I checked online reviews for the accommodation offering en-suite rooms and shortlisted Park Terrace. I decided to go for the university-managed accommodation. Of course, social experience is a very important factor but I guess we will come to know more only when we move in. I am also hoping to find people who are interested in exploring Newcastle and the UK at large. In any case, we can always meet there :smile:

Wishing you a great year ahead!
I haven't looked into that one, but I'll definitely check it out! So far, I'm leaning towards their all postgrad accommodation Newgate Court. The only thing is I'm not sure how social the building is. As an international student, I want to live somewhere people are down to meet new people and go out to explore the city together.

I wish you well this year!
Reply 17
I agree! Definitely spent just as much time deciding between almost identical programs as I did writing all my personal statements 😭

I just finished my applications less than two weeks ago, so I’m still waiting to hear back from Brunel, Roehampton, and Goldsmiths! I have already received an unconditional offer to Solent though so it’s nice to know I’ll at least have some options. How do you think Newcastle compares to the other universities?

Sorry about the late reply! Have you received your offer yet? :smile: I haven't looked into the ones you were applying to but I think Newcastle is ranked higher than the other Unis if that matters and also tuitionwise a lot more affordable (at least for UK/EU students). Also, it is a relatively safe city. I did not want to live in a big city like London, so that played a big role in my decision. Personally, I would have preferred York, but it would have been a different programme (Marketing) and the one at NCL sounded a lot more appealing :smile: I think, it's more important to choose the right course for you since employers will not care too much whether it's Brunel or Roehampton, unless they have a personal connection to it.

You can find out what students think by reading the reviews in their own words here:
https://www.studentcrowd.com/university-l1004493-s1008353-newcastle_university-newcastle_upon_tyne

Also official rankings here: https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/newcastle-university

Hope this helps :smile:
Ashleigh
Hi everyone! I got an offer from NCL for the MSc Foundations in Clinical Psych and accepted it!! (It was between Kings College London and Newcastle- super happy I picked Newcastle). Just flew into Newcastle a couple weeks ago to look for a place (I'm from Canada), and am finally settling a bit better. Would love to connect with other postgrads and international students! So excited :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending