The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Law 7162 4th, 13th and 17th June 2019 [Exam Discussion]

I don’t find a lot of resources for A Level Law so I’m wondering how everyone else is revising and getting on for the new specification.

Scroll to see replies

I am finding the same thing, I have been doing the sample materials etc but I'm also struggling. Are you doing WJEC?
Reply 2
No, I do AQA Law. Are there are a lot of people doing WJEC Law in your school? There are literally 3 people doing AQA Law at mine. My teacher is shit as far as I’m concerned because he keeps going over stuff we’ve done when there’s topics we are clueless about. Although the question formats have completely changed for AQA, the past papers from the old specification are still helpful in a massive way. Did you apply for Law at uni?
Original post by ellie_1234567
I am finding the same thing, I have been doing the sample materials etc but I'm also struggling. Are you doing WJEC?
hopefully the boundaries are low! hardly any resources tbf
Reply 4
Those 30 makers and applications questions :frown:
Reply 5
Just been using textbooks and TRYING to memorise :frown:
For some reason i cant motivate myself to revise law ;(
I am studying AQA A Level Law too. I agree, there are hardly any resources available. What thing that I've been given is all of the sample exam papers, including the AS papers because it is practising the same skills. You just have to make sure that the 20 markers are not what you are going to get in the real exam, but the structure is essentially the same. I have done a plan for each of the offences, torts and for contract law, so I know how to structure a question. I have made condensed notes on each area of non-substantive law too, and copied and pasted them into the right sections in my notes so I know where each topic could come up. The concepts questions are tricky for me so if you have any tips, please do let me know. Luckily, one of my neighbours was a barrister and is now a law teacher. She teaches the OCR spec, but the content is pretty much the same. She has given me her revision resources that she has given to her classes. She was also an examiner for AQA and OCR as far as I know, so I am going to take exam questions to her and see what she has to say about them. I am very lucky with that and I am going to take full advantage of that. If you would like me to send any of my resources to you, please let me know.

Good luck!
Original post by summer207
I don’t find a lot of resources for A Level Law so I’m wondering how everyone else is revising and getting on for the new specification.
Reply 7
Hi, could you please kindly send me your resources on Non-substantive law, please.
Original post by georgiaroeely
I am studying AQA A Level Law too. I agree, there are hardly any resources available. What thing that I've been given is all of the sample exam papers, including the AS papers because it is practising the same skills. You just have to make sure that the 20 markers are not what you are going to get in the real exam, but the structure is essentially the same. I have done a plan for each of the offences, torts and for contract law, so I know how to structure a question. I have made condensed notes on each area of non-substantive law too, and copied and pasted them into the right sections in my notes so I know where each topic could come up. The concepts questions are tricky for me so if you have any tips, please do let me know. Luckily, one of my neighbours was a barrister and is now a law teacher. She teaches the OCR spec, but the content is pretty much the same. She has given me her revision resources that she has given to her classes. She was also an examiner for AQA and OCR as far as I know, so I am going to take exam questions to her and see what she has to say about them. I am very lucky with that and I am going to take full advantage of that. If you would like me to send any of my resources to you, please let me know.

Good luck!
Reply 8
Omg hi! I would love the revision resources she gave to you. Could you also send me how you planned those essays? I have my own plans but my teacher isn't so good so I am never really sure if my work is as good as he says it is. Thank you in advance!
Original post by georgiaroeely

Good luck!
Reply 9
Hi could you please send me your plans too, thank you..
Omg hi! I would love the revision resources she gave to you. Could you also send me how you planned those essays? I have my own plans but my teacher isn't so good so I am never really sure if my work is as good as he says it is. Thank you in advance!
My Law teacher's the guy who set up the A-level Law Review Magazine so he's very knowledgeable and a great teacher so he's made plenty of issues on Contract Law as well as Tort and select aspects within Criminal law available to us, so I tend to have a look through them for some help and it actually helps quite a bit with AO3! He also went to a course held by AQA for Law teachers around the country and apparently AQA will be providing all those teachers that went with two extra sets of Practice Papers, for each Paper 1, Paper 2 and Paper 3. If my teacher provides them to us electronically, I'll try and send them to any of you guys who'd like them
Reply 11
Please can you send them to when you get them please!!!
Original post by WolfofGatsby
My Law teacher's the guy who set up the A-level Law Review Magazine so he's very knowledgeable and a great teacher so he's made plenty of issues on Contract Law as well as Tort and select aspects within Criminal law available to us, so I tend to have a look through them for some help and it actually helps quite a bit with AO3! He also went to a course held by AQA for Law teachers around the country and apparently AQA will be providing all those teachers that went with two extra sets of Practice Papers, for each Paper 1, Paper 2 and Paper 3. If my teacher provides them to us electronically, I'll try and send them to any of you guys who'd like them
Yeah sure! Just a heads up that if he doesn't give them to us electronically, I might only be able to send pictures
Please can you send them to when you get them please!!!
Reply 13
That's perfectly fine :smile:
Yeah sure! Just a heads up that if he doesn't give them to us electronically, I might only be able to send pictures
hi!! can you please send them to me! my school barely provides us with these resources :frown:
Yeah sure! Not received them yet, but I'll make sure to send the to you when I get them
Original post by seelawperson
hi!! can you please send them to me! my school barely provides us with these resources :frown:
thanks!
Yeah sure! Not received them yet, but I'll make sure to send the to you when I get them
My sixth form does ocr law and I'm thinking of choosing it as one of my options

Does anyone have information on it? What it's about, what u learn, content, exam questions, ur opinion on it- is it boring? Difficult?

I don't know anothing about it so I wud be grateful for anything
Original post by Zabidoo
My sixth form does ocr law and I'm thinking of choosing it as one of my options

Does anyone have information on it? What it's about, what u learn, content, exam questions, ur opinion on it- is it boring? Difficult?

I don't know anothing about it so I wud be grateful for anything

don't do it lol
Original post by angel.xo
don't do it lol

Lol...why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending