ConnerS2019
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So after my first post saying I was worried I was going to fail the army medical It has came back as a fail. So basiclly i come from a *****y background. I lost my nan to cancer that I lived with then moved into my dads at 14, Lost him to a heroin overdose at 16 and lived on my own since 16. I am now 19 years old and was living a risky lifestyle until I started training for the army, Ive been training for a year. Changed my lifestyle and choices and set my heart to joining and getting in.

I was invited to a event, taster days for Catterick. I went for 4 days and when I was there I received this. This put a massive downer on me there but I still carried on and smashed all the events

I had the best shooting on the DCCT virtual range. I was clearly one of the stronger ones with the right mental attitude for Ifantry and becoming a solider. I was speaking to a few boys there and they were saying to appeal it. I've got a appointment with my GP to see what's on my record and see if I can argue it somehow.
Last edited by ConnerS2019; 5 months ago
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
As a matter of urgency, get rid of your personal information from that post.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by ConnerS2019)

©2019 Crown Copyright
as Drewski says, you should not post personal information for everyone to see
ConnerS2019
Rep:
?
Hi guys it was the reason I was medically rejected, I didn't see it as personal info was hoping if anyone could help me round it or any advice.

Thanks
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi guys it was the reason I was medically rejected, I didn't see it as personal info was hoping if anyone could help me round it or any advice.

Thanks
It had your full name and other personal details.

Regardless, you got the advice in the letter. It said you can appeal of you think your medical information was incorrect or mistaken, and you can prove it.

If you can get a medical professional to say that your records are inaccurate, then you can appeal. If not, then not sure what you're asking for.
I had the best shooting on the DCCT virtual range. I was clearly one of the stronger ones with the right mental attitude for Ifantry and becoming a solider
And sorry, but this means precisely nothing and wouldn't have any bearing whatsoever on any appeal decision.
ConnerS2019
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
It had your full name and other personal details.

Regardless, you got the advice in the letter. It said you can appeal of you think your medical information was incorrect or mistaken, and you can prove it.

If you can get a medical professional to say that your records are inaccurate, then you can appeal. If not, then not sure what you're asking for.

And sorry, but this means precisely nothing and wouldn't have any bearing whatsoever on any appeal decision.
So after seeing my GP he has agreed to write a letter of support to say it was Conjuactives and not Keratitis in 2015. That means I've only had the one episode of Keratitis in 2012. So does this mean I can get in now?
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
So after seeing my GP he has agreed to write a letter of support to say it was Conjuactives and not Keratitis in 2015. That means I've only had the one episode of Keratitis in 2012. So does this mean I can get in now?
It means you've got grounds to appeal the original decision, but nobody here can say whether that means you'll get in.
Y333EEE
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
All you can do is keep on their case as hard as you can! It's capita and I remember my experience when I was in the process 4 years ago, they frankly had (and still do) less of a clue than a badger flying a plane so all you can do is be persistent, ring them daily if you have to!
ConnerS2019
Rep:
?
It states in the JSP950 your allowed one episode of Keratitis. So I'm sure a letter from my doctor explaining it was a form of Conjuactives then that should be fine.
Emma603xxxx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
When does this event happen in the year and how do you get invited to it?

So after my first post saying I was worried I was going to fail the army medical It has came back as a fail. So basiclly i come from a *****y background. I lost my nan to cancer that I lived with then moved into my dads at 14, Lost him to a heroin overdose at 16 and lived on my own since 16. I am now 19 years old and was living a risky lifestyle until I started training for the army, Ive been training for a year. Changed my lifestyle and choices and set my heart to joining and getting in.

I was invited to a event, taster days for Catterick. I went for 4 days and when I was there I received this. This put a massive downer on me there but I still carried on and smashed all the events

I had the best shooting on the DCCT virtual range. I was clearly one of the stronger ones with the right mental attitude for Ifantry and becoming a solider. I was speaking to a few boys there and they were saying to appeal it. I've got a appointment with my GP to see what's on my record and see if I can argue it somehow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (140)
17.86%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
27.04%
Not great so far... (281)
35.84%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.26%

Watched Threads