The Student Room Group

chemistry exam tomorrow

hey omg okay so its 9 rn and i havent revised anything ive got a science chemistry paper 1 mock tomorrow and idk how to effectively pack in some revision before it. its only 5 topics but how can i cover them asap???
please help im dyinggg
Reply 1
Print out your spec and go through each spec points for the topics you want to go over and make sure you can answer as many as possible in the time you have!!
chill out do practice questions not content
Omfg erin!!!!!
This is actually so funny
Reply 5
hilarious ive got a mock tomorrow
Original post by ktktktktkt
This is actually so funny
bruv so do i what you chattin
is this life of a greiff erin
Reply 8
who tf is erin u got the wrong person b
read through a revision guide/spec and highlight in red, yellow and green (red being absolutely terrible and you'd have no clue if it came up in the exam, yellow being something you need to recap but not urgently and green being something you could skip and wing if you run out of time). now read through and make brief notes on the red topics and maybe watch a video from someone like freesciencelessons or primrose kitten until you understand, then do some practise exam questions on them (only do this for the red ones because of the lack of time). then for the yellow topics, just read through them in your revision guide and again maybe watch a video, and for the green ones you can just read through them in the morning or on the way to school tomorrow. try to test yourself when you wake up on the red/yellow topics to make sure what you've revised has sunk in and you should be able to recall it better in the exam. hope this helps, good luck!!💕
Original post by slytherinnn
hey omg okay so its 9 rn and i havent revised anything ive got a science chemistry paper 1 mock tomorrow and idk how to effectively pack in some revision before it. its only 5 topics but how can i cover them asap???
please help im dyinggg

I was in the same state whilst doing my GCSEs (Except this was before the actual GCSE paper, please don't do this it was a bad move and I went from an A* student to a B :no:)

I recommend two things:
1) Podcasts/videos. These are great, trust me. Most schools are subscribed to GCSEPod, but if you're not then youtube is packed full of short videos that can help you. I can't remember which youtube videos I watched, but I just searched some up and This Guy looks pretty good. An alternative is also This video which is 72 minutes long and gives a summary of everything in paper 1.
2) Past Paper Tests. These are the holy grail of revision, and my A Level Chem teacher reguarly gives us about 10 pages of PPQs (Past Paper Questions) weekly. They're pretty easy to find, however they depend on your exam board. Do a few questions without looking at the markscheme (on topics you're struggling with) and then mark them, see where you went wrong, and take notes.

Good luck in your mock! And remember, the purpose of a mock is for you to not only get an idea to how papers are structured, but also a way for you to learn how to manage your exam time correctly and to give you ideas on how to prep for them in advance. Don't do a Yr 11 me and revise last minute for the real thing.
Original post by ChemicalGoat
I was in the same state whilst doing my GCSEs (Except this was before the actual GCSE paper, please don't do this it was a bad move and I went from an A* student to a B :no:)

I recommend two things:
1) Podcasts/videos. These are great, trust me. Most schools are subscribed to GCSEPod, but if you're not then youtube is packed full of short videos that can help you. I can't remember which youtube videos I watched, but I just searched some up and This Guy looks pretty good. An alternative is also This video which is 72 minutes long and gives a summary of everything in paper 1.
2) Past Paper Tests. These are the holy grail of revision, and my A Level Chem teacher reguarly gives us about 10 pages of PPQs (Past Paper Questions) weekly. They're pretty easy to find, however they depend on your exam board. Do a few questions without looking at the markscheme (on topics you're struggling with) and then mark them, see where you went wrong, and take notes.

Good luck in your mock! And remember, the purpose of a mock is for you to not only get an idea to how papers are structured, but also a way for you to learn how to manage your exam time correctly and to give you ideas on how to prep for them in advance. Don't do a Yr 11 me and revise last minute for the real thing.

wow thanks i needed that annd im three weeks away from the chem gcse i feel like its genuinely too late and i hundred percent know im going to flop tomorrows mock wth can i do in two hours?
wow thanks i needed that annd im three weeks away from the chem gcse i feel like its genuinely too late and i hundred percent know im going to flop tomorrows mock wth can i do in two hours?

Guessing by your username, you're also a fellow potterhead so I'm glad to have helped you :smile: Trust me, it's never too late to improve your grades. Be sure to get a good nights sleep tonight, and to have your exam/school equipment ready before you go to bed so you don't have to stress over that too much. Also be sure to have breakfast and drink plenty of water, that'll defintely help you believe it or not. You can only do your best, and if I can get a B with minimal revision I believe you can do it with 3 weeks of revision! Have faith in yourself :h:
you need to fully get paid for ur advice :biggrin:
Original post by ChemicalGoat
Guessing by your username, you're also a fellow potterhead so I'm glad to have helped you :smile: Trust me, it's never too late to improve your grades. Be sure to get a good nights sleep tonight, and to have your exam/school equipment ready before you go to bed so you don't have to stress over that too much. Also be sure to have breakfast and drink plenty of water, that'll defintely help you believe it or not. You can only do your best, and if I can get a B with minimal revision I believe you can do it with 3 weeks of revision! Have faith in yourself :h:
you need to fully get paid for ur advice :biggrin:

Aw thank you :rofl3:
Seems I'm good at giving advice, not so good at following the advice I give myself :emo::lol:

Quick Reply

Latest